• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This is true and I just did it myself
unknown.png

This version has Dualsense support, better graphics, raytracing etc etc
blog.playstation.com

The Persistence Enhanced hits PS5 with visual and performance improvements June 11

Includes immersive DualSense wireless controller support, raytraced rendering, and a host of other improvements.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow ahahahaha. It seems ranting about it worked for me. XD
Best month so far with 4 PS5 games.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I take it you'd still have access to the PS4 version if you upgrade? (I wouldn't want to lose the VR).

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I take it you'd still have access to the PS4 version if you upgrade? (I wouldn't want to lose the VR).

I had no idea this game was playable in non-VR.

Not just that. You get a the VR game for PS4 that is imp^roved on PS4 PRO and works in both normal and VR modes, but also you get a totally different game called enhanced for both PS4/PS4 Pro (improved) and on PS5 with added RT mode.
Now count how many versions and platforms you can play that same game on. XD

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Not just that. You get a the VR game for PS4 that is imp^roved on PS4 PRO and works in both normal and VR modes, but also you get a totally different game called enhanced for both PS4/PS4 Pro (improved) and on PS5 with added RT mode.
Now count how many versions and platforms you can play that same game on. XD
Hey, there's no such thing as too many options :)
It kinda had to be when they released it on Switch and Xbox!
I want my Labo VR version, and I want it now!...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, it didn't show up as free on my PS5 earlier, it's showing up correctly on the phone app though...
Thanks!
Np. It was not free this Tuesday. Only the VR normal PS4 non enhanced version which is a sperate game and we thought they gonna do us another FF7R and Greedfall stunt by blocking the automatic free upgrades for them manually and on purpose which what they did this Tuesday too, and then again manually and by intervention, they unblocked the free upgrade.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Np. It was not free this Tuesday. Only the VR normal PS4 non enhanced version which is a sperate game and we thought they gonna do us another FF7R and Greedfall stunt by blocking the automatic free upgrades for them manually and on purpose which what they did this Tuesday too, and then again manually and by intervention, they unblocked the free upgrade.

It does make me wonder now if those decisions were on the side of the publisher, or Sony didn't pay enough or something. Because presumably Firesprite owns the Persistance IP since they published the game, which means now Sony owns it, so them doing things like that is much easier. Who knows.

I also had no idea it was non vr as well! Download time.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It does make me wonder now if those decisions were on the side of the publisher, or Sony didn't pay enough or something. Because presumably Firesprite owns the Persistance IP since they published the game, which means now Sony owns it, so them doing things like that is much easier. Who knows.

Ah now that you mentioned it. Yeah. It seems a disagreement between both Sony and the other publishers didn't allow free upgrades for those games back then, unlike this one which could be called in-house deal.

I also had no idea it was non vr as well! Download time.

And btw the game has DS support and 4K60FPS perf mode and 4K30FPS RT mode.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Jesus christ this ps5 update is poor. Ray tracing mode has a frame rate all over the place. This is garbage