• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
I've been looking around today for a new Switch and it seems the stock from major US online retailers is either very limited or exhausted. Most offers were from 3rd party sellers and the prices are rising. Seems like the Switch Lite isn't quite affected yet.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Nintendo did say supply would be very constrained following the animal crossing system release. Wouldn't be surprised that it's already affecting retailers supply.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
We can't get out of home in my country so I have no idea..., all is closed here, only pharmacy and market is open...looks like the apocalypsis

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Had my Switch stolen the other day, have been trying to get a new one before Animal Crossing comes out but everywhere was sold out here in the UK. Apart from Currys, completely forgot that store existed.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah as we were heading into lockdown in NL here, two of my close friends were quickly looking to buy Switches. They succeeded, but apparently had to look around quite a bit.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
JilmOpI.gif

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah same situation on the Nintendo UK Store.

store.nintendo.co.uk

Nintendo Switch | Consoles | My Nintendo Store

Discover Nintendo Switch on My Nintendo Store. Shop consoles and great value bundles. Free Express Delivery on orders over ÂŁ199.99.

Dunno how long you have to go back in time for when this last happened but it's noteworthy for sure. There's at least one user here who might get upset only mentioning the Switch though so I have to say that the PS4 and/or Xbox One may also be similarly affected though I doubt it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had my Switch stolen the other day, have been trying to get a new one before Animal Crossing comes out but everywhere was sold out here in the UK. Apart from Currys, completely forgot that store existed.

Should be back in stock now. Retailers were taking pre orders for today which was the restock and looks like Game and Amazon have the stock

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered myself a One X for the shut-in period as I see stock fluctuating basically everywhere, especially at the price it's at right now ($200-$250). Wouldn't be surprised if stock for all of them started going down and getting snatched up.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I've been looking around today for a new Switch and it seems the stock from major US online retailers is either very limited or exhausted. Most offers were from 3rd party sellers and the prices are rising. Seems like the Switch Lite isn't quite affected yet.
Man i think i should pick up an extra pair of joycons in the next month in case

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First toilet paper, now the Switch. Only things that are mainly used while on the loo. This fucking virus, what's next? The Kindle?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo informed us last month it would happen in the West too (about 6/8 weeks delay after Japan), so I would not be surprised if stock issues is going to be more and more severe as weeks passes.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Don't forget second hand for instance I will be selling my switch v1 soon (with a low price nothing opportunist at all), just that I will receive my animal crossing switch.

with China recovering it will come back to normal anyways don't worry

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hmm wonder how good I price I could sell off my release day Switch for once my AC Switch arrives. It's in perfect condition, no drift even on my joy-cons.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm wonder how good I price I could sell off my release day Switch for once my AC Switch arrives. It's in perfect condition, no drift even on my joy-cons.

I was actually thinking the same thing since I haven't touched mine since August. Use a pro controller so my Joycons are pristine. Guess I should wait and see what's up with BOTW2/MP4/SMTV first, as tempting as selling high is.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I was actually thinking the same thing as I haven't touched mine since August. Use a pro controller so my Joycons are pristine. Guess I should wait and see what's up with BOTW2/MP4/SMTV, first as tempting as selling high is.
I'm just really lazing and the level of effort to advertise, sell and send out my system is just more trouble than I can usually muster. I'd planned on just giving it away or selling it for next to nothing to one of my cousins or just turning it in at a Gamestop for cash. So it would have to be a decent price, like over 200 to be worth it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
For what it's worth, Nintendo's currently selling refurbished systems for $249, which is a killer deal considering the usual quality of Nintendo's refurbished hardware.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Microsoft Factory Re-certified Xbox One X from WalMart right now is $229.99:

But up until earlier today B&H also had the NBA2K19 bundle for $259 I think, and the regular console for $249. Those deals do seem to be gone.

I hate that the deals are always on the X model. Wish they'd throw these sorts of discounts over the way of the S model. I'd snap up a XBO-S practically immediately at $149.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that the deals are always on the X model. Wish they'd throw these sorts of discounts over the way of the S model. I'd snap up a XBO-S practically immediately at $149.
The S has gone that low before and probably will again tbh:

Gamestop Promo Code | (16% OFF COUPON) | Apr 2021

Use our valid 16% off Gamestop promo code to save on video games, consoles, toys & collectibles plus get free shipping. See all 28 Gamestop promo codes, coupons & deals for Apr 2021.

Buydig Coupon | (50% OFF) | Apr 2021

Use this valid Buydig Coupon today. See all 20 Buydig coupon, promo, discount, deals & free shipping codes for Apr 2021.