• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I swear I saw a few posts in this thread that answer this question already but I can't find it now so anyway:

I read some HDMI cables advertised as 2.1 don't actually meet the spec, so what cables are you 3080/3090 PC players using?

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone had experience with Best Buy home delivery? I am getting my CX 55" delivered on Dec 4th since I can't fit it in my car properly. Just wondering if they're cooperative because my place is hard to find.

powerNglory

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had experience with Best Buy home delivery? I am getting my CX 55" delivered on Dec 4th since I can't fit it in my car properly. Just wondering if they're cooperative because my place is hard to find.
I just had them deliver my 65" CX this past week. Everything went well. They arrived in a U-Haul truck and I just told them where to place it in my living room and that was that. They were literally in and out of my house in a minute.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Debating on pulling the trigger on the 77". My 65" Q9FN doesn't even look back, but the HDMI 2.1 goodies are calling my name.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
The 65inch CX after five full days is glorious. Between Demon's Souls on PS5 and some David Attenborough BBC Nature Documentaries on 4k Bluray..... I don't give a shit about the burn in risk. Its that good looking. In fairness my last tv was $400 so my comparison would be glowing no matter the upgrade.

Oct 27, 2017
I swear I saw a few posts in this thread that answer this question already but I can't find it now so anyway:

I read some HDMI cables advertised as 2.1 don't actually meet the spec, so what cables are you 3080/3090 PC players using?

I bought this one to go with my 3080 and 48" CX. I am getting 4k 120hz with it and have a great time.

8K HDMI Cable, AUDIANO 8K HDMI Cable 100% Real 8K, High Speed 48Gbps 8K@60Hz 7680P Dolby Vision, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 HDR, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Samsung QLED TV (10ft) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDDV6DT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_KcFUFb50GQVSE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

powerNglory

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Were there any delays or did they come right within the window you selected?

There were no delays. I didn't select a time frame for delivery. When I was checking out in the actual store I was told the day and the time frame which was from 12-6. This was Saturday last week and they came this past Tuesday. They called me about 20 minutes prior to let me now they were on the way. Thankfully they came around 1.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I ended up buying the warranty to be safe, getting it delivered on Wednesday. So excited!
Congrats!! It's a phenomenal TV!

Only issue I've come across was a HDCP 2.2 handshake between the PS5 and the TV, but it may of been my receiver. Or the PS5 for that matter since the Xbox Series X worked fine lol. Hopefully it's a one off thing!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
They delivered my 65". Just make sure the day before you have a delivery block settled on, and call them if you don't hear anything.

But I'm also in a very easy-to-access urban area.

Oct 25, 2017
Just to confirm: when you have a 3.5mm audio output device plugged in... the tv still controls the volume right? My C8 makes me use an optical <-> analog dac but then I can't change the volume with the tv remote any longer.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Just to confirm: when you have a 3.5mm audio output device plugged in... the tv still controls the volume right? My C8 makes me use an optical <-> analog dac but then I can't change the volume with the tv remote any longer.

You can control it if you change audio to wired headphones. Set the volume on your external speaker control then you can control the volume with the tv remote. The major downside to this is audio quality seems to reduce a ton.
I usually use this setting if I'm changing channels or shows.

The best audio I get out of the audio output on the TV is via the Line out setting. The downside is not being able to control the volume with the remote so I have to set the volume and leave it which I use for a movie or gaming.

Oct 25, 2017
You can control it if you change audio to wired headphones. Set the volume on your external speaker control then you can control the volume with the tv remote. The major downside to this is audio quality seems to reduce a ton.
I usually use this setting if I'm changing channels or shows.

The best audio I get out of the audio output on the TV is via the Line out setting. The downside is not being able to control the volume with the remote so I have to set the volume and leave it which I use for a movie or gaming.

theres Always a catch with things, I guess. Thanks for answering though!

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
If we do get a BF deal, how is Best Buy with canceling orders?

My TV isn't coming until the 6th, so I assume I'd have time to cancel before it ships. Would only make a difference for me if the 65 went down in price. Couldn't justify $2,200 with the Geek Squad protection, and wanted to get that, so I went with the 55.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Welp, got mine this morning and finally finished setting it up. The hype is real. I did a quick and dirty calibration and then jumped into Ori and Will of the Wisps @ 4k/120 and the picture is so damn pretty. It's a good looking game on ANY TV but this one is magical. Going to install a ton of games like MCC and try that at 120fps and then Gears 5 to see how the HDR looks compared to my older TV. Even typing on this monitor looks so dim compared to the OLED. I was afraid the peak brightness wasn't going to be good enough because it's not 1000+ nits but let me tell you that doesn't matter. This TV is BRIGHT and super clean looking. The blacks OMG.

The white are so damn bright now. Like loading up Destiny 2 on Series X, the UI in the lower left is maybe 2-3x as bright as my old Samsung 4k LCD TV. Now I know why people always praise the OLED.

If we do get a BF deal, how is Best Buy with canceling orders?

My TV isn't coming until the 6th, so I assume I'd have time to cancel before it ships. Would only make a difference for me if the 65 went down in price. Couldn't justify $2,200 with the Geek Squad protection, and wanted to get that, so I went with the 55.

BB is the best with returns/cancellations. You have until January to return it because of the holiday return period and they really don't ask questions anymore. Even if its opened they will take it back.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Am I crazy or is there plastic on the back of the CX TV? And does it come off? I took the front layer off obviously but the back looks like there's a plastic sheet over it too.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up the 65" CX here in Australia. Got a pretty good price so I'm happy - it's delivering tomorrow so I just hope there's no issues out of the box.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Damn I keep hesitating on the Best Buy site so it keeps going out of stock every time I'm about to pull the trigger. I could also get it at Costco, but I need that Geek Squad warranty due to my PC habits.

Score! Got the last 55' CX.

Last edited:

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
The 65inch CX after five full days is glorious. Between Demon's Souls on PS5 and some David Attenborough BBC Nature Documentaries on 4k Bluray..... I don't give a shit about the burn in risk. Its that good looking. In fairness my last tv was $400 so my comparison would be glowing no matter the upgrade.
Just curious how far are you sitting from your TV?

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone receive their free LG promo speaker? It was supposed to be delivered to our place last Friday, then FedEx updated it to Saturday, then Monday. What's weird is in the middle of Saturday, tracking just got updated to "delivered left at front door" but we never even got anything. Our front door has a camera that records 24/7 and it didn't even catch anything on the hour it was supposedly delivered. I never had this happen before so I called FedEx and they said they have a really large volume of deliveries being made and that there was nothing they could do about it and I should just contact LG. I emailed the lgtv promotions email and have not heard back from them yet.

calavera520

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone receive their free LG promo speaker? It was supposed to be delivered to our place last Friday, then FedEx updated it to Saturday, then Monday. What's weird is in the middle of Saturday, tracking just got updated to "delivered left at front door" but we never even got anything. Our front door has a camera that records 24/7 and it didn't even catch anything on the hour it was supposedly delivered. I never had this happen before so I called FedEx and they said they have a really large volume of deliveries being made and that there was nothing they could do about it and I should just contact LG. I emailed the lgtv promotions email and have not heard back from them yet.

I received mine, the shipping was super quick. All the delivery services are going through weird things these days - I've found all of UPS packages get marked delivered and then show up with different tracking updates after "delivery" - FedEx usually does it right though so don't know what to tell you. Best to reach out to LG as you're doing.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Since the CX is sold out nearly everywhere (Best Buy and now Amazon), I see the BX models getting backordered now. Damn people are thirsty for some OLED action.

Oct 25, 2017
55 got delivered today. The C8 is moved upstairs to replace my busted Tv there. Ngl I wish LG would make these things a bit thicker around the panel. Shit feels like it's gonna break in half trying to move it. The base part is already thick so just add another 1/4" of material to make the screen more rigid.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
55 got delivered today. The C8 is moved upstairs to replace my busted Tv there. Ngl I wish LG would make these things a bit thicker around the panel. Shit feels like it's gonna break in half trying to move it. The base part is already thick so just add another 1/4" of material to make the screen more rigid.

For how thin it is it's surprisingly sturdy though. I had to grab the top part of the panel while laying it down and to pick it up and it held together really well. I thought for sure it was gonna snap lol

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yeah I picked up the 55" this past weekend for 1399 and psyched to get it delivered this Friday. If only I could get a PS5 :'(

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Since the CX is sold out nearly everywhere (Best Buy and now Amazon), I see the BX models getting backordered now. Damn people are thirsty for some OLED action.
must be local thing.

i still have it available here.

i ended up picking up a 65" cx model. should be delivered tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain (seems to be the rest of the week)

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Just curious how far are you sitting from your TV?
I'm right around 6 - 6 1/2 feet away. I was torn between the 55 or 65 since I am in a fairly small apartment and was worried about older non 4k/HDR content being too soft/washed out that close. When I watch older content (like Seinfeld on Hulu) I bump the sharpness to 20.
Demon's Souls and native 4k hdr content looks unreal.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm in lower NY and there aren't any within 250 miles of me, not even to ship. Only the 77" is available.
Hope they restock for you!

--

i ended up buying another tv mount. since the one i have will end up going to my brother.

but them holes on the wall. i have to lower it a bit for this tv.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I just noticed that with the TV doesn't auto detect the Series X starting up so you can easily switch inputs unless you do a FULL shutdown of the console. That's annoying. Is there a way to makes the Series X always do a full shutdown? I tried turning on energy saving mode but that still doesn't do it.

Hope they restock for you!

--

i ended up buying another tv mount. since the one i have will end up going to my brother.

but them holes on the wall. i have to lower it a bit for this tv.

Oh I found one a few days ago on Amazon. Since all my BB's were sold out, I saw that Amazon was also sold out so I ended up buying the Q90T since that was my backup TV. A few minutes later I kept refreshing the CX since that's really the TV I wanted and all of a sudden 5 popped up in stock so I bought it so damn fast and then cancelled the Q90T :) Mine was delivered on Sunday.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for a slightly lower 77 CX price to post this holiday before I dive in.

Likewise- I'd like to have the TV, but I feel like the OLED market is going to see some solid price drops in 2021 as the market becomes more competitive. With CES 2021 product line-up announcements in January, checking prices around when Super Bowl sales hit could be interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that with the TV doesn't auto detect the Series X starting up so you can easily switch inputs unless you do a FULL shutdown of the console. That's annoying. Is there a way to makes the Series X always do a full shutdown? I tried turning on energy saving mode but that still doesn't do it.

Oh I found one a few days ago on Amazon. Since all my BB's were sold out, I saw that Amazon was also sold out so I ended up buying the Q90T since that was my backup TV. A few minutes later I kept refreshing the CX since that's really the TV I wanted and all of a sudden 5 popped up in stock so I bought it so damn fast and then cancelled the Q90T :) Mine was delivered on Sunday.
Shame. Q90t is amazing but enjoy your TV nonetheless :)

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
I ordered the LGCX65 through Best Buy's Magnolia service. They have a separate inventory from regular Best Buy.
They are scheduled to come in and install the television soon, but they price matched with the much lower Costco price. Threw in a free mount as well with their installation service.

Oct 28, 2017
I am so impatient, my 55" CX gets here next Friday and I am so excited. I don't think I will manage to get a new console unless I somehow do this week, but I am still excited to watch movies and play games on it.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
I'm right around 6 - 6 1/2 feet away. I was torn between the 55 or 65 since I am in a fairly small apartment and was worried about older non 4k/HDR content being too soft/washed out that close. When I watch older content (like Seinfeld on Hulu) I bump the sharpness to 20.
Demon's Souls and native 4k hdr content looks unreal.
Going by the distance you sit from your TV do you think 8 1/2 feet away from a 75 inch TV would be comparable to you sitting 6 1/2 feet from a 65 inch TV?

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Got the CX 65 and now I need that sonos system to complete the experience.

Everything looks so fuckin good it's unreal