• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Okay so wheres this warm2 setting? The only thing I could find that seemed like it was the tint values you can slide between warm and cool. Are you guys just sliding it two to the left so there's 2 towards W? Or is this an actual view mode and if so, where? Is there any thing else I need to do to calibrate it more? Thank you.

Also what's this free speaker thingy

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Okay so wheres this warm2 setting? The only thing I could find that seemed like it was the tint values you can slide between warm and cool. Are you guys just sliding it two to the left so there's 2 towards W? Or is this an actual view mode and if so, where? Is there any thing else I need to do to calibrate it more? Thank you.

Also what's this free speaker thingy

Warm 2 is in the picture settings.
I personally like Warm1 more but you can change it to your preference.

Here is the link for the LG speaker promo

LG OLED TV & Earbuds Promotion | LG Electronics

LG OLED TV & Earbuds Promotion
I just checked for my confirmation email and found i also got approved.
I cant wait to sync this so it can be used as a rear sound speaker.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Fuck, Bestbuy out of both the 55 and 65. Any hope of more stock before the deal ends?

Oh shit, I just checked, you're right.
Good thing I secured mine asap.

I would recommend and guarantee you can get a good set from an open box. Especially with a bunch of over exaggerated nerds who returned it over a youtube video.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I just checked, you're right.
Good thing I secured mine asap.

I would recommend and guarantee you can get a good set from an open box. Especially with a bunch of over exaggerated nerds who returned it over a youtube video.
Said all of the open box are unavailable near my area.

Amazon has 65 up. Might go for the 65, still not sure yet.

Kind of want to wait and see in case Best Buy's somehow get more stock, but then I could miss my chance at the 65 on Amazon.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Warm 2 is in the picture settings.
I personally like Warm1 more but you can change it to your preference.

Here is the link for the LG speaker promo

LG OLED TV & Earbuds Promotion | LG Electronics

LG OLED TV & Earbuds Promotion
I just checked for my confirmation email and found i also got approved.
I cant wait to sync this so it can be used as a rear sound speaker.

I must be crazy because I'm not seeing the option anywhere. I checked picture settings, and both picture options and advanced controls and I don't see color tone. The closest is color temperature, color, color gamut, dynamic color, none of which have a setting named warm2 ;(. Closest I've found is going to color temp and pushing the slider left by two lol. Do i need a firmware upgrade or something? Ahh

Ty for speaker link, that's rad!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I must be crazy because I'm not seeing the option anywhere. I checked picture settings, and both picture options and advanced controls and I don't see color tone. The closest is color temperature, color, color gamut, dynamic color, none of which have a setting named warm2 ;(. Closest I've found is going to color temp and pushing the slider left by two lol. Do i need a firmware upgrade or something? Ahh

Ty for speaker link, that's rad!

If it helps Warm 2 is the equivalent of Warm at 40 in the slider.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Okay so I guess that setting is only in game mode. I was in user mode. I have instant game response turned on but I guess it doesn't work with ps5? At least, it certainly didn't change my setting to game when I turned the pst on, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Do you guys flip your picture settings from game to something else when using Netflix or whatever on your consoles? Or just keep it at game?

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
What's the current status with the CX and the new consoles? Do all the bells and whistles work? 4k120hz VRR? Can it pass atmos over eARC?

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Yes to all, but eARC in not on by default. Need to dig in Device Connection Settings a little
Thanks.

I have the new pqx vizio currently. I originally went with it due to its brightness. It has some pretty bad glowing effects because of the local dimming and it bugs the hell outa of me. Thinking about returning it for the CX. I really like the extra brightness with the vizio, that'a the only hesitation I have at the moment for getting the CX.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, that's warm! I'll try it. Just confused why mine doesn't seem to have the option at all
He might be talking about a different color temperature setting, like the one available when viewing the gallery app

ipkBJyv.jpg

The one everyone is usually talking about though is available under picture mode settings/advanced controls (this isn't available under certain situations though, like the gallery app earlier)

oio2L6D.jpg

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone talk about experiences getting bluetooth soundbars (I also have tried it with an optical cable) not defaulting to the output device for sound when turning the TV back on? Every time I restart it, it goes back to the TV speakers instead of the soundbar and I have to manually change it very time. I have it paired with my bluetooth Vizio soundbar + subwoofer combo, and the freaking thing keeps disconnecting whenever I turn the TV off. I have it recognized as a paired device, but it keeps defaulting to TV sound. Any ideas? Thank you!

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
4k is a pretty big incentive. What are you looking for to upgrade?

From what I've seen, OLEDs are the only TVs that match (or improve does in on the model) on plasmas when it comes to the colors/deeper blacks, viewing angles and motion tracking. I find the difference between 1080p and 4k to be negligible, I've seen a few 4k LEDs and the resolution jump + HDR is not worth the upgrade when my plasma is still running fine.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried wall mounting these? Wondering what length the m6 screws should be to attach the brackets in the back of the TV.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Got this beast mounted and working. I've seen it in action several times now and I'm still in awe!

My only issue is Logitech Harmony compatibility. I can't get one button Netflix to work on Harmony Companion/Hub. Anyone here use Harmony remotes with their CX?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Can someone explain what no dts support means for me? I watch allot pf blu rays on my ps4 and 4k blu rays on my xbox one x. I just bought the cx and I wanted to know if thats going to affect me.

May 30, 2018
is it still safe to assume Best Buy will get more of these? still need a replacement for my new 65inch CX but they've been sold out for at least a week

Oct 30, 2017
Decided to go ahead and buy a LG CX 65". Upgrade from a 55" KS8000 so not sure if it was a smart decision or if the upgrade will feel substantial. I have been building a gaming den so the Samsung will be the living room TV.

Sadly sold out at Best Buy so no burn-in warranty for me which makes me slightly nervous. Also first time ordering a television online, I hope it arrives in one piece. Now the wait.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to go ahead and buy a LG CX 65". Upgrade from a 55" KS8000 so not sure if it was a smart decision or if the upgrade will feel substantial. I have been building a gaming den so the Samsung will be the living room TV.

Sadly sold out at Best Buy so no burn-in warranty for me which makes me slightly nervous. Also first time ordering a television online, I hope it arrives in one piece. Now the wait.
I upgraded from a 65" KS9000. I think the jump is worth it. The difference in contrast is unbelievable and those height-tall blooming artifacts (or just blooming in general) are no longer a thing you have to worry about

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
Ugh, I'm still waffling on this purchase and am now worried stock will run out by the time I make a decision.
if you have a CC you can hold the funds on you can always schedule one for in store pickup/curbside from your local BB and extend your pickup time to give you self some time to think. I did that to keep the price/stock but allow myself a few weeks to sleep on it. Ultimately bit the bullet and got the 65 CX

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
if you have a CC you can hold the funds on you can always schedule one for in store pickup/curbside from your local BB and extend your pickup time to give you self some time to think. I did that to keep the price/stock but allow myself a few weeks to sleep on it. Ultimately bit the bullet and got the 65 CX

I just spontaneously ordered the 65 during a work meeting through Amazon. I'm still thinking, though, as I have a day most likely to decide.

How is the 1080p upscaling on this thing? 480? I still watch a lot of older stuff.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
I just spontaneously ordered the 65 during a work meeting through Amazon. I'm still thinking, though, as I have a day most likely to decide.

How is the 1080p upscaling on this thing? 480? I still watch a lot of older stuff.
I don't personally consume a bunch of SD content but as long as you calibrate it properly I think it'd handle it well. Maybe with B&W content it could struggle since OLEDs kind of struggle with light/dark grey separation (so I've heard). Truly can't say from personal experience though.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
is it still safe to assume Best Buy will get more of these? still need a replacement for my new 65inch CX but they've been sold out for at least a week
I hope tbh. Bought one from Amazon, but if Best Buy stock goes up again before it ships, I'll cancel the Amazon, since it's ultimately cheaper than buying on Amazon, by near $100, and I can put that money into getting burn in warranty.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, my CX just stopped displaying red pixels in a straight line. I turned the TV off for a little and turned it back on and now it's fixed. Should I exchange it? Or was this some sort of minor bug 🤔🤔

edit. it's back. I'm exchanging it. I hope I don't have to go too long without a TV. I just got my PS5 :(

edit 2. Of course they have none left in stock to do an exchange

Last edited:

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 77" CX delivered from Best Buy. Waiting to get off work so I can take down my 65" KS8000. Hoping it's as big of an upgrade as I think it will be.