• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i noticed my 65" CX is a little bent on the right bottom corner. I noticed it while moving my sofa 4 days after getting the tv. The only way you can see it is to actually look at the tv from the side, no image issues at all. I looked online and this seems to be normal with sizes 65" and bigger due to how thin is the panel. Check out yours just in case you have a more severe case.

ByVFtxif_o.jpg

Last edited:

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp. I ordered a 77" CX from Amazon. Would have gone Best Buy, but they had issues getting the credit approved. With Amazon I at least get an extra 5% off.

I was pretty happy with my Vizio P65-C1, but I've been wanting an OLED/VRR set for a while. Not sure about the size since I sit ~7 ft away. I have room to move the couch back a few feet though, so we'll see.

Now to find someone to offload this Vizio to.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Moved my 55" B7 to my bedroom last night and the 65" CX came this morning and I got it setup. I didn't think I was going back to OLED since I had burn-in on the B7 but this deal was too good and I'll just have to pay more attention to how long I'm watching news everyday.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Hm. Best Buy has 24-month financing through 11/21. I'm looking to get a 48'' CX, and I'm torn between getting it now or waiting to see if it happens to be on sale (more than $50) closer to Black Friday with the normal 18mo financing. Though considering every other size is already on sale maybe it's foolish to think the 48'' will be as well. Agh.

I wish I could just get the 55'' for a bit cheaper, but I just don't have the room for it right now.

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, I have the same one. I was just referring to it in my last post. What's the main things you find better apart from those OLED blacks? I thought the TCL was a excellent bang for buck set.
The blacks are so much deeper and richer imo. It also gets rid of the AWFUL vignette effect I have on the corners of the screen. It's just something that I learned to live with. Otherwise it was a good transition TV into an oled.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I grabbed a 55 cx from costco. 7 years warranty through costco with the citi card. $100 hulu credit and bluetooth speaker as well. not bad not bad

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
So i noticed my 65" CX is a little bent on the right bottom corner. I noticed it while moving my sofa 4 days after getting the tv. The only way you can see it is to actually look at the tv from the side, no image issues at all. I looked online and this seems to be normal with sizes 65" and bigger due to how thin is the panel. Check out yours just in case you have a more severe case.

ByVFtxif_o.jpg
This has been an issue for years now. I have seen even worse panels. Only Panasonic OLEDs have that thick backplate, right? Helps with stability and IR / burn in. I hope LG will change the panel design next year, its 3 years old at this point.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
1) I assume you meant CX?
2) Does that cover burn-in? If so, what a deal!

1. yes
2. no but still having a warranty for 7 years for anything else for absolutely nothing is awesome.

The guy at costco is pretty adamant that LG usually covers burn in 1 time for most people. I am planning to change up content and run pixel refresher a lot. I have a friend with a b6 and said he's had 0 issues.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has been an issue for years now. I have seen even worse panels. Only Panasonic OLEDs have that thick backplate, right? Helps with stability and IR / burn in. I hope LG will change the panel design next year, its 3 years old at this point.
Yeah, mine is not too bad, i just tend to notice these things lol. If it was bad i would've change it already.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My KS8000 was 65 inch and I'm about 8-8.5 ft away from the TV so I know that's just right. Going back down to 55 inch for the past 1.5 years has honestly not been bad though.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
65 is up on the wall and I did the passthrough to get the cables down to the floor via the wall. First time doing that on a wall with insulation (between living room/garage) so was more annoying than needed to be, looks great now though.

I haven't really spent much time with it other than looking at Costa Rica videos on youtube which look amazing. I need to figure out the menus and settings with that other thread. I put a older hdmi cable through the wall as a stop gap for now, will have to do another one I guess when the PS5 gets here.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
I got the 4 year coverage on Amazon with my 65". With how thin that panel is + moving apartments within a year or two, I'm not taking any chances. TV is amazing coming from a 2014 50" Sony LED. My only complaint is slight horizontal banding. It's only visible in very specific scenarios (bright colors with little detail). I can probably learn to ignore it...probably.

Oct 27, 2017
Hm. Best Buy has 24-month financing through 11/21. I'm looking to get a 48'' CX, and I'm torn between getting it now or waiting to see if it happens to be on sale (more than $50) closer to Black Friday with the normal 18mo financing. Though considering every other size is already on sale maybe it's foolish to think the 48'' will be as well. Agh.

I wish I could just get the 55'' for a bit cheaper, but I just don't have the room for it right now.
Based on what some were saying the 48 is linked with the 77 inch so sales are rarer. This is also the second time all other prices have dropped save for the 48.

I was originally going for the 48 because of size but it was out of stock for a few weeks and then the 55 dropped below it's priced and figured why not. Bigger tv for less money, I just made room for it. I don't think it's too much larger than the 48.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp. I ordered a 77" CX from Amazon. Would have gone Best Buy, but they had issues getting the credit approved. With Amazon I at least get an extra 5% off.

I was pretty happy with my Vizio P65-C1, but I've been wanting an OLED/VRR set for a while. Not sure about the size since I sit ~7 ft away. I have room to move the couch back a few feet though, so we'll see.

77" at 7ft is huge lol

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
My 65" was just delivered. I've got it out of the box and in the stand but my landlord is out trick or treating and no one is around to help me lift it onto the shelf. I was not prepared for how thin this thing is. It's like a piece of paper, what da fuq.

Really glad I went with the 65" over the 55" too. TV's really do look a lot smaller in your house.
Just curious, how far will you be sitting from your TV?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, how far will you be sitting from your TV?
I'm about 8.5 feet/2.6 meters away. I had a 50" before this and that was a tad small. 15" increase is quite the difference. The crazy thing is, the TV itself isn't that much bigger because my old TV was from 2008 and had giant bezels.

I've mostly been playing 1080p content from my PS4 and Switch since I don't own any 4K media. 1080p looks great, I was nervous it was gonna look blurry but it looks nice. I streamed some 4K content and it looks extra crispy. Can't wait to get a PS5 so I can see 4K for reals on this thing. HDR is the biggest difference so far. It's a bit hit and miss on the games I've tried, but when it works well, it's real slick looking

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Finally after years of waiting I have my lg oled. A few things.

I'm actually paranoid about burn in now. The good news is I almost never watch live TV with logos or anything, I mostly do streaming services. What's my best bet for watching sports though?

Also what are the risks for gaming? How long should my sessions be? Huds seem like prime burn in material

Finally how do I check for banding? I have 30 days to see if I really want to keep this. If there are any serious issues I might switch to qled.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017

I'm actually paranoid about burn in now. The good news is I almost never watch live TV with logos or anything, I mostly do streaming services. What's my best bet for watching sports though?

Also what are the risks for gaming? How long should my sessions be? Huds seem like prime burn in material

Finally how do I check for banding? I have 30 days to see if I really want to keep this. If there are any serious issues I might switch to qled.

Keep OLED light down for SDR content.

Static HUDs are the risk for gaming, but that extends to tickers and other stuff when watching TV. Just be mindful if you're watching something like CNN repeatedly. Other than that, just enjoy the TV.

Keep in mind Image Retention (IR) and actual burn-in are two different things. The former goes away. It takes a very long time to get actual burn in, if you get it at all.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
7tAHinw.jpg

I let the hype get to me, despite me saying earlier that I still have a functioning Samsung KS9000. Best Buy is just only 5 minutes away but I still drove really carefully with this thing since it was impossible to get it to stand and fit.

I now have 2 65in TVs at home...

dralla

Oct 27, 2017

There's an option to dim logos in the settings, but you really don't need to think so much about it. Burn-in is a pretty rare occurrence. You might get occasional image retention but that goes away quickly.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Costco had the CX for $50 cheaper and cheaper on tax (because our costco is riiiiight outside of our county where tax is higher), so 65" on the way. The oldest TV in the house is getting an upgrade, and a series X to go with it (if amazon comes through). woot.

We rationalized it as "early family Christmas gift".

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
7tAHinw.jpg

I let the hype get to me, despite me saying earlier that I still have a functioning Samsung KS9000. Best Buy is just only 5 minutes away but I still drove really carefully with this thing since it was impossible to get it to stand and fit.

I now have 2 65in TVs at home...
Man I hope you didn't wreck it , everything I've read over the years says that laying them down can cause a lot of issues. Fingers crossed for you!

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Man I hope you didn't wreck it , everything I've read over the years says that laying them down can cause a lot of issues. Fingers crossed for you!

Laid mine down for 30 mins driving home because that was my only option. Finally had it wall mounted and the screen looks perfect to me.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Does the LG CX have built in casting support? Trying to figure out whether I need to get a Chromecast for it or not.

Mine is supposed to arrive Thursday. I'm super exited!

Saro

Oct 25, 2017
Welp BestBuy says find stores with no option to ship. Does Amazon have a warranty that covers burn-in?

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Costco had the CX for $50 cheaper and cheaper on tax (because our costco is riiiiight outside of our county where tax is higher), so 65" on the way. The oldest TV in the house is getting an upgrade, and a series X to go with it (if amazon comes through). woot.

We rationalized it as "early family Christmas gift".
I kinda talked my wife into this being an early Christmas gift as well. Ordered the 65" LG CX from Costco since their customer service is top notch and they offer a 3 year extended warranty at no additional charge plus $100 Hulu gift card. I'm coming from a Samsung UN65JU7500 which I'll transfer to my bedroom.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I've had mine for 3 weeks now, the CX 65" I don't know about other people but I still have not removed the protection thingy of the screen lmao you know the thin film you have to peel off. I just noticed I still have it on. Is there a thread about how to properly clean these tv's ? I've read many videos that say never to use those expensive liquids they sell you in stores. So how do you do maintenance on these expensive tv's? I mean cleaning them if needed I try to avoid cleaning my monitors or tv but I sometimes get people sneezing on the tv when you get visitors. How's a proper way to clean them or else I'm never peeling that thing off hahaha

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
I'm not that well-versed in TV tech upgrades. Is it worth at this point to upgrade to this from a Samsung KS8000? Just curious if the picture would be that noticeably better. Lol always looking for an excuse to buy new tech.

I think I saw that you already took the plunge. But I just thought I'd add to your excitement. I went from a Samsung JS8500 to an LG C8, and while I liked the Samsung at the time, the OLED makes it look like rubbish in comparison. It's a huge upgrade.

I wish I'd known more about OLED back when I bought the Samsung. I'd probably be ready for a second OLED at this point.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I think I saw that you already took the plunge. But I just thought I'd add to your excitement. I went from a Samsung JS8500 to an LG C8, and while I liked the Samsung at the time, the OLED makes it look like rubbish in comparison. It's a huge upgrade.

I wish I'd known more about OLED back when I bought the Samsung. I'd probably be ready for a second OLED at this point.

I love hearing things like this. I am going from a 2017 TCL P605 to a CX so I wonder how noticeable the difference will be. I can't picture it cause this screen already looks great. It arrives on Tuesday.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017

Hi, Just wondering if your planning to play games on your 77 inch when you get it and if you are could you let me know how you get on with playing games at the 7ft distance.

I'm currently sitting about 8ft from my TV and am thinking of getting a 75 - 77 inch TV so was just trying to get some opinions on if that distance is fine for playing games.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
I bought mine 20 days ago at Costco. Apparently they have a 30 price adjustment policy, at least according to my wife. So she's going today to get back the $250.

You will, i paid in cash on the 15th this month, went in with my receipt and they gave me 400 back in cash on the 65cx. Also make sure you get your hulu 100 gift card and lg speaker. You just need to go to the website and redeem them with your serial number

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
I love hearing things like this. I am going from a 2017 TCL P605 to a CX so I wonder how noticeable the difference will be. I can't picture it cause this screen already looks great. It arrives on Tuesday.

I think you're in for a real treat. I have a lot of experience playing games and watching movies on the 2017 TCL 6 series (brother and best friend both have one), and while they're great TVs, trust me, the differences will be clear.

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the 48 inch CX a little over a month ago and I've been really impressed by it.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, Just wondering if your planning to play games on your 77 inch when you get it and if you are could you let me know how you get on with playing games at the 7ft distance.

I'm currently sitting about 8ft from my TV and am thinking of getting a 75 - 77 inch TV so was just trying to get some opinions on if that distance is fine for playing games.
I think your experience will vary greatly depending on which resolution the game is running at. If you're strictly talking 4K gaming, I think you'll be okay.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
You will, i paid in cash on the 15th this month, went in with my receipt and they gave me 400 back in cash on the 65cx. Also make sure you get your hulu 100 gift card and lg speaker. You just need to go to the website and redeem them with your serial number
Yep. Got my discount, speaker already delivered and redeemed Hulu gift card.

Then the next day the soundbar I bought went from $1000 to $700 at Best Buy. Got that money back and promptly bought a 4k player for Dolby Vision and a Lego Star Wars At At.