• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
A friend of mine bought hundreds of dollars worth of "CBD" products. I asked him if it was actual CBD or if it was hemp based. He said he doesn't know so I told him to look on the packaging.

"This product is infused with premium hemp based oils"

While in huge bold lettering on the same package they're calling their shit "CBD oil" "CBD coffee" "CBD whatever".

This is why legalization matters. Alongside teens lying about how they got sick from vaping, it would stop deceitful marketing practices.

For a more detailed breakdown on the difference between hemp based CBD and actual CBD, I would recommend reading this Daily Beast article:

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk and have a happy Friday!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that explains why a catalog I get that has products for disabled people had "CBD Oil" for sale despite it only being legal medically here.

LOL wait, is this an ad cuz it sure reads like one.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
A friend of mine bought hundreds of dollars worth of "CBD" products. I asked him if it was actual CBD or if it was hemp based. He said he doesn't know so I told him to look on the packaging.

"This product is infused with premium hemp based oils"

While in huge bold lettering on the same package they're calling their shit "CBD oil" "CBD coffee" "CBD whatever".

This is why legalization matters. Alongside teens lying about how they got sick from vaping, it would stop deceitful marketing practices.

For a more detailed breakdown on the difference between hemp based CBD and actual CBD, I would recommend reading this Daily Beast article:

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk and have a happy Friday!

1) Actual CBD is harvested from hemp.
2) Why are you posting a paid ad and pretending it is a real article?
3) If you're going to use the Ted Talk line, please try to actually, I dunno, research some facts first?

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
1) Actual CBD is harvested from hemp.
2) Why are you posting a paid ad and pretending it is a real article?
3) If you're going to use the Ted Talk line, please try to actually, I dunno, research some facts first?
Not an ad:

There's a difference. I'm not saying CBD is a sham as a whole. I'm saying certain products that say they're based on CBD aren't what they say they are.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the difference I think you're looking for OP is Hemp Oil vs. Hemp CBD Oil. Plain hemp oil has no CBD and is definitely used to trick folk, but if it's advertised as having CBD and is derived from hemp then that's fine. Lot of confusion about it here in AZ hemp CBD is legal but marijuana isnt.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Oh that explains why a catalog I get that has products for disabled people had "CBD Oil" for sale despite it only being legal medically here.

Marijuana and hemp are both cannabis. The primary difference is in the level of THC (the compound that gets you high).

CBD oil can be made from either, though it is generally made from hemp because:
1) Hemp is 100% legal in all 50 states.
2) If you're growing marijuana, you're going to get a better return selling it for smoking or edibles.
3) CBD oil made from marijuana is *technically* illegal where marijuana is illegal due to a quirk in the law, but it is chemically indistinguishable from CBD oil made from hemp.

In short, OP has no clue what he is talking about.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017

I mean:
qPZG15m.png

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Marijuana and hemp are both cannabis. The primary difference is in the level of THC (the compound that gets you high).

CBD oil can be made from either, though it is generally made from hemp because:
1) Hemp is 100% legal in all 50 states.
2) If you're growing marijuana, you're going to get a better return selling it for smoking or edibles.
3) CBD oil made from marijuana is *technically* illegal where marijuana is illegal due to a quirk in the law, but it is chemically indistinguishable from CBD oil made from hemp.

In short, OP has no clue what he is talking about.

Yeah I'm in Ohio where we our law enforcement labs had to halt testing for weed for a while because it kept flagging hemp which is legal. Now like every lab in the state has to be updated (has been updated).

Status
Not open for further replies.