• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
One of my only regrets is not buying the Forza Horizon 1 season pass before it was delisted. I really, really want that Toyota FJ Cruiser. They didn't put it in any of the other games.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
These DLCs with time limit to buy really blow. Iv just pick back a XB1, luckily for Forza Horizon 3 i got the Hot Wheels, but there is no way now i can get Blizzard Mountain. Same goes for Forza Horizon 2, no way to get Storm Island, and even the cars i can buy with credits are no available.

I got Forza 6 - 10 year anniversary edition, and the code for the 10 bonus car is unused. Not sure about the value of that, but willing to trade for a code of Blizzard Mountain in FH3 or Storm Island in FH2 IF anyone by any chance got that.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
It absolutely didn't. It had the same terrain. It was just very bare. You must be thinking of Fast and Furious.

Source: I recently went back and 100%ed it and the 360 version of F&F as well just so I could get 100% in every single Forza Horizon game.
Could actually be that I am misremembering something since I only played FH2 on the X1 but Fast & Furious on both.

Sorry for the misinformation then.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Could actually be that I am misremembering something since I only played FH2 on the X1 but Fast & Furious on both.

Sorry for the misinformation then.

I'm pretty positive I'm right on that anyway. It's possible I'm wrong, but as far as I know, like, it's very open. I did not play them side by side.

It is definitely an inferior experience though.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I want to delete my saves for FH3 and FH4 to start fresh but I'd lose all of the time limited VIP cars.

I just like the whole introduction sequence in FH4 when you go through all four seasons in the short intro race, and the build up for everything but it seem like those one time events are a one and done deal.

I guess losing the VIP cars isn't a big loss because there is already a ton of cars already in the game. It's just if they were exclusive and those are the only ways to get them, I'd understand but you already get a ton of money because of the Forza Hub thing so you can basically buy any car you want eventually, and then there is the free cars you get from the wheel spins.

Download the demo

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
These DLCs with time limit to buy really blow. Iv just pick back a XB1, luckily for Forza Horizon 3 i got the Hot Wheels, but there is no way now i can get Blizzard Mountain. Same goes for Forza Horizon 2, no way to get Storm Island, and even the cars i can buy with credits are no available.

Not completely true, as you can still buy the keys online.
I did that for both FH1 and FH3 after they were delisted.

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Wanna thank this thread, I bought the ultimate edition to play once my Series X pre-order arrives and thought I would get the expansions. Then read here that this doesn't include them. Managed to get it refunded and for the same price buy UK codes for the standard edition and expansion pass, which I activated via VPN.

So yeah, checking in here occasionally saved me a big disappointment in November hahaha. Glad I'll still get to play the hot wheels pack.

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Necrobumping
As repeated on many pages:

To own EVERYTHING and buy in as little configurations as possible:
-Ultimate Edition
-Expansion Pass
-Porsche car pack
-Mountain Dew car pack
-Hoonigan car pack (Only car pack that includes an achievement)

There are no other packs that includes these car sets.

Optional, BUT if you want (since they'll be gone, too):
Treasure Map Locations
Unlock Car Horn

And yes, people complained about this years ago, and FH4's Ultimate Edition DOES include EVERYTHING. So FH3 is the last game to have this travesty.
Thanks again for making this post. I bought FH3 back before this delisting and only now can finally play it now that I have a Series X.

I have a question for anyone willing to answer though? How do I check what content I actually own for the game? 😅

The Series UI seems a lot more hard to understand than the 360 one I'm used to (which functions more like the PS4/5 UI).

Also, is it true that to play either of the expansions you need Xbox Live? I see their options in the menu of the game but can't pick them, as they say I need XBL to start any "live event". If so that's some real BS, I'm trying to jump into the Hot Wheels DLC for some more focused racing and wondering if that's not possible.

Thank you to anyone who can help out. Thought this was a more relevant thread to post in than the community thread for 5.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks again for making this post. I bought FH3 back before this delisting and only now can finally play it now that I have a Series X.

I have a question for anyone willing to answer though? How do I check what content I actually own for the game? 😅

The Series UI seems a lot more hard to understand than the 360 one I'm used to (which functions more like the PS4/5 UI).

Also, is it true that to play either of the expansions you need Xbox Live? I see their options in the menu of the game but can't pick them, as they say I need XBL to start any "live event". If so that's some real BS, I'm trying to jump into the Hot Wheels DLC for some more focused racing and wondering if that's not possible.

Thank you to anyone who can help out. Thought this was a more relevant thread to post in than the community thread for 5.
At least on XSX, when you install a game you can "manage" the game and check which DLC to install. I can't remember if it installs all for default.

Oct 25, 2017
At least on XSX, when you install a game you can "manage" the game and check which DLC to install. I can't remember if it installs all for default.
Ah, I see. Thank you. I'll check.
Hoping this fixes the issue with the in game menu locking out the content but I'm not sure it will. Wondering if anyone else knows about how that works.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This bump got me wondering:

Was Horizon 4 the first Forza game that launched on Game Pass?

If so I'm curious if that has any bearing on whether it'll remain on Game Pass for longer than earlier titles did?

I also wonder if the updated release for Series consoles reset the clock on the 4 year license window?

If it's sticking to the four year duration that other games in the series have followed, I guess FH4 will be delisted later this year (September).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

If so I'm curious if that has any bearing on whether it'll remain on Game Pass for longer than earlier titles did?

I also wonder if the updated release for Series consoles reset the clock on the 4 year license window?

If it's sticking to the four year duration that other games in the series have followed, I guess FH4 will be delisted later this year (September).
I believe so. It will likely still be delisted on a regular cadence though, just like how FM7 was.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I think an interesting question will be whether they will give the game away for free to people who bought the DLC like they did with the last game.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to make a thread, but the ability to connect to or form a multiplayer session is entirely broken on PC, and Turn 10 (which it seems from the following support thread is responsible for this component) has given up on fixing it because it's delisted.

It seems to work on Xbox, but I tried playing it with my pc friends a few months ago and was extremely upset. We'd been playing a bunch of 4 and I was excited to show them the down under.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup I would suspect the same thing, it seems like it follows the same pattern. I'd also expect deep discounts on all the dlc and game around that time as well.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I've been meaning to make a thread, but the ability to connect to or form a multiplayer session is entirely broken on PC, and Turn 10 (which it seems from the following support thread is responsible for this component) has given up on fixing it because it's delisted.

Yeah, fuck this. I wanted to make that thread too, I was trying to get my last online achievement last week, but it's impossible unless there is a free week-end on Xbox. The game is not even six years old...

Feb 27, 2019
Damn, thought this was still available when this thread was bumped. Had never played a Horizon game till 5 and didn't pick up 3 before it was delisted back then. Would definitely have done so now.

Oh well, I'll definitely have to pick up 4 when it goes on sale.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Damn, thought this was still available when this thread was bumped. Had never played a Horizon game till 5 and didn't pick up 3 before it was delisted back then. Would definitely have done so now.

Oh well, I'll definitely have to pick up 4 when it goes on sale.
The base game can still be purchased for a reasonable price from key sellers, but the expansions and/or Ultimate edition is extremely expensive or hard to find unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
So do we think future games downloaded on game pass but not purchased outright will be unplayable if you haven't already downloaded them? Like fh4 whenever it's going? Which I think would be ,… next fall? Idk about the timeline it seems like it's usually 4 years after release

Oct 25, 2017
*hugs Hot Wheels expansion*
I'd certainly like to enjoy mine, but the menu option is locked out, despite the DLC being downloaded. Anyone aware if there is some way to access the Hot Wheels or Blizzard Mountain DLC with an Xbox Live subscription? It seems somewhat scummy that you'd need a sub to play the DLC even offline. Hoping there's some way around it.
So do we think future games downloaded on game pass but not purchased outright will be unplayable if you haven't already downloaded them? Like fh4 whenever it's going? Which I think would be ,… next fall? Idk about the timeline it seems like it's usually 4 years after release
Unfortunately I think this is currently completely unknown, but I'd bet that any game not purchased will disappear. Apparently they gave the base FH3 away to people who had it on GP and purchased at least some DLC, so maybe that'll happen again.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd certainly like to enjoy mine, but the menu option is locked out, despite the DLC being downloaded. Anyone aware if there is some way to access the Hot Wheels or Blizzard Mountain DLC with an Xbox Live subscription? It seems somewhat scummy that you'd need a sub to play the DLC even offline. Hoping there's some way around it.

On a Series X or S, try hard resetting the Xbox (holding in the power button for a few seconds)
I had to do that in the past with Series X and the Forza Horizon expansions.
They should work for sure without an Xbox live sub.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
On a Series X or S, try hard resetting the Xbox (holding in the power button for a few seconds)
I had to do that in the past with Series X and the Forza Horizon expansions.
They should work for sure with an Xbox live sub.
Whoops, meant without an Xbox Live Gold sub. 😅 Thanks for the advice though that's good to know.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you haven't bought it by the time it's delisted than you won't be able to play it after.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What causes a game to be delisted. I know soem vcases where they had issues with the editors. But here it's MS so what's the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.