• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I ended up buying this last week (got the Ultimate Edition) and I'm loving it so far. Only an hour or two in, and man I forgot how bad I was at racing games. I also had a bunch of crashes on my PC, but after research it appeared to be my Nahimic drivers causing it, so I just disabled those and it's fine now.

When do I get to start buying new cars? I'm using a BMW now but I'd like to see what kind of roster of vehicles are available for me to buy. That's always been my favorite thing about car games is using like a 74 Chevelle and stuff.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Goodbye FH3. I hope everyone who wanted it grabbed a copy in time.
Such a great game and something you could play 10 years from now and still enjoy.

(in fact I'm going load it up later and have a couple of races to mark it's delisting)

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
Had bought the regular edition a few months ago and grabbed the Expansion Pass to compliment it. I'm tempted to brad one of those bundle keys though.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the OP for making this topic, as I hadn't played Forza Horizon 3 until this weekend, and have been having a blast.

According to the store, there's not much time before Forza Horizon 3 gets delisted.

This is the "cheapest" route if you want to get what's on the store right now.

Ultimate Edition - 20.99 (includes VIP and Car Pass)

Expansion Pass - 10.49 (includes Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain)

Hoonigan Car Pack - 6.99 (needed for 100% Achivemements as there are 500G's worth in this DLC)

Mountain Dew Car Pack - 6.99

Porsche Car Pack - 6.99

Forza Horizon 3 Duracell GTA Spano - FREE!

Forza Horizon 3 Horn Unlock Accelerator - 2.99 (includes Forzathon car horns that are no longer obtainable through normal means)

Forza Horizon 3 Treasure Map - 2.99 (not needed, but saves time instead of using Google or YouTube to find things)

That'll be 58.43 USD.

Do you have FOMO but don't really want to spend a lot? Maybe this'll help.

If you just want to play the game and get the best bang for your buck, I recommend the following:

Standard Edition - 9.89 (the vanilla game with no extras)

Expansion Pass - 10.49 (includes Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain)

Hoonigan Car Pack - 6.99 (needed for 100% Achivemements as there are 500G's worth in this DLC)

The above three will cost you 27.37 and provide hours of damn fine open-world arcade-style racing entertainment. Have fun!

If you're not going for achievements and don't care for the cars included in it, then the Hoonigan Car Pack is not necessary. That'll cost you 20.38.

I brought this up in another post, but here's some thoughts about why you don't need to get everything in the store.

Damn, I wish a saw this post. I wasn't going to pick up FH3 until I saw a mention of it late last night and said "what the hell, whynot". I bought the Ultimate edition thinking it included the expansion pass. Now I'm read this post and I realized I missed out on the Blizzard and Hot Wheels expansions.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
CD Keys still has the game at pretty much the same price, but I cant seem to find the Hot Wheels DLC code for a decent price

Oct 27, 2017
I already own the game and both main expansions, but for some reason I moved on without playing much of either Blizzard or Hot Wheels. Booted up the game this weekend to find a rather crazy amount of content waiting for me.

Not all of the zany festival stuff lands for me with these games, but they are still amazing fun.

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Also really enjoying it! Is there any way to see if HDR is turned on? I've found varying reports, like how it may be only available on Xbox, or controlled via the Windows HDR toggle

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Went back and forth on this, but I decided to finally dive in for the standard + expansion pass. Don't know when I will get around to it, but basically the one Forza game that I have some interests in, and the Hot Wheels DLC looks fantastic.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it should be your top priority tbh

ZJtyxYe.jpg

all digital future
F8YBfxV.png

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Sonaofa. I almost bought this last night, but thought "I've got until tomorrow" and put it off. Well, here I am...

Isn't there a catch to the CDKeys? Like they are only for a non-US country? I vaguely remember reading something about that in this thread earlier.
I think they list the region of the code in the title. I bought a US PS+ code this week and it worked perfectly.

Oct 27, 2017
Sonaofa. I almost bought this last night, but thought "I've got until tomorrow" and put it off. Well, here I am...

Isn't there a catch to the CDKeys? Like they are only for a non-US country? I vaguely remember reading something about that in this thread earlier.

Nah, I think those keys from cdkeys are fine and easy to redeem. There are some shadier websites out there selling codes that you need a vpn to redeem tho.

As an alternative to cdkeys - and a little cheaper - Eneba is selling a key for the game for $7.84. Just need to use the promo code FORZA3ENEBA.

Website is legit though and I've bought a couple of PS Plus codes there. And you can also use PayPal.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn, I was sitting on this yesterday and forgot.

Is there anywhere that's selling keys for the Expansion Pass? CDKeys only has the base game and I'm only finding EU keys for it on other sites.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was sitting on this yesterday and forgot.

Is there anywhere that's selling keys for the Expansion Pass? CDKeys only has the base game and I'm only finding EU keys for it on other sites.
Cdkeys does have it listed for UK and someone above listed how to redeem a uk code.

Some are definitely other regions but it does say us region.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Shit, I forgot to buy this digitally before the end of Sept. I own it on disc but I've bought a Digital Bone S and was going to install this on it as I bought the Hot Wheels expansion which he loves. Oh well.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Forza Horizon 2 for X360 is still a fantastic game. The only Forza without DLC apart from FM1.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Darn it. I forgot to buy the Blizzard Mountain DLC.

Oh, well. At least I still have access to Hot Wheels (aka the best FH expansion.)

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it was tbh. But I remember checking it a few months ago and saw the 360 version up for sale while the X1 version wasn't for whatever reason. Bought the physical X1 version then.
Oh ok. If MS somehow patched in 60 fps, I wouldn't mind the 360 version. It looked amazing at the time.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Oh ok. If MS somehow patched in 60 fps, I wouldn't mind the 360 version. It looked amazing at the time.
Yeah but it had closed off roads while the X1 version was open like the other Horizon games. Which means, for example, you couldn't just drive through a fence and through a field, you had to use the roads in most places iirc.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but it had closed off roads while the X1 version was open like the other Horizon games. Which means, for example, you couldn't just drive through a fence and through a field, you had to use the roads in most places iirc.
I don't think I would mind that.

btw, I just started forza horizon 4 today. Liking it so far, but I think I liked the location in 3 even better. Hoping that get patched to 4k 60

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

btw, I just started forza horizon 4 today. Liking it so far, but I think I liked the location in 3 even better. Hoping that get patched to 4k 60
Isn't it already confirmed to get a XSX patch? Edit: Oh you mean FH3? In that case, yeah I hope it does get a 4k60 patch too.

I didn't even start Horizon 4, I had enough with Horizon after 3, at least for now.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally booted up the game after buying it a few weeks ago... can't believe you can't redeem some of the dlc anymore (even free) in the auto shop so you're just locked out of it.

Cool game.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017

I think forza horizon 4 is better in every way. Lots more windy roads, actual car width lanes, and the season changes are a masterstroke.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't forza horizon 2 delisted?

Forza Horizon 2

Why does it have a buy button? It costs 399NOK

The Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2 never got delisted. Only the Xbox One version did, however you can still purchase one of these keys to get the Xbox One version of Forza Horizon 2 - https://www.cdkeys.com/forza-horizon-2-10th-anniversary-edition-xbox-one-cd-key

The one version of Forza Horizon that can't be acquired anymore is the Fast and the Furious standalone/expansion since it never got a physical release.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2 never got delisted. Only the Xbox One version did, however you can still purchase one of these keys to get the Xbox One version of Forza Horizon 2 - https://www.cdkeys.com/forza-horizon-2-10th-anniversary-edition-xbox-one-cd-key

The one version of Forza Horizon that can't be acquired anymore is the Fast and the Furious standalone/expansion since it never got a physical release.
That link is out of stock sadly. Keys are hard to come by.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I want to delete my saves for FH3 and FH4 to start fresh but I'd lose all of the time limited VIP cars.

I just like the whole introduction sequence in FH4 when you go through all four seasons in the short intro race, and the build up for everything but it seem like those one time events are a one and done deal.

I guess losing the VIP cars isn't a big loss because there is already a ton of cars already in the game. It's just if they were exclusive and those are the only ways to get them, I'd understand but you already get a ton of money because of the Forza Hub thing so you can basically buy any car you want eventually, and then there is the free cars you get from the wheel spins.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, for whatever reason the 360 version of Forza Horizon 2 was delisted but is available and has been for a while. Do not know why. I guess because it's the newest 360 forza game so they thought it was worth the licences. Very unfortunate they couldn't have also negotiated the xbox one version as well. Especially since the xbox one version has DLC you can't get. The 360 version is still available physically if you really want it and has no DLC.

It absolutely didn't. It had the same terrain. It was just very bare. You must be thinking of Fast and Furious.

Source: I recently went back and 100%ed it and the 360 version of F&F as well just so I could get 100% in every single Forza Horizon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.