• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, trying to get that Bikes "save a replay after 6+ player podium finish" and I can't even find a 6+ player lobby when it falls back to regular Driveclub

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Almost 3 am and it's still going.

I thought it was gone a few minutes ago when this happened.

Turns out my PS4 just shat itself and I had to restart it.

Going to bed now though. Absolutely wrecked tired.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Man I forgot how fun Bike racing in this game is... I'm only getting 4player races right now... would have loved to do 12 player races in this.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the trophy "Credit where its due" is unattainable without servers... Only trophy I was missing....

Nvm I was wrong, also you still keep the club cars.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
It's just gone here (in Italy @10 o'clock).
The red connection message is here but it disappears after a couple of seconds after the race start.
I can use club cars (tested only in single race events)
Club livery is gone

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah see I was thinking you'd get to keep club cars. I mean, you can use them offline or when the servers have gone down in the past (they're not very stable at all).

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
It's just gone here (in Italy @10 o'clock).
The red connection message is here but it disappears after a couple of seconds after the race start.
I can use club cars (tested only in single race events)
Club livery is gone

Just checked, and yeah the club cars are still there. Sweet! I can continue to race with my beloved BAC Mono. It's a downer that the club liveries are now gone, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to the club cars.

I tried to set all notifications off, but apparently you can't get rid off the connection message at the start of the race.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Goodnight, sweet prince :*(

Huh?! I'm still going to play the game every now and then, just like before. I'm only going to miss face-offs and levelling up the club from now on, which aren't that big of a deal for me. Never ventured on the PVP side, aside from partaking in challenges for trophies. Losing club cars would have put a damper on it, but luckily they're still there.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Just fired it up to see for myself and yep, it's dead. :( This is a sad day. I have years of amazing memories playing every Sunday with my crew. At least I can say I was there for the final night. We were on from 11.30 to 3am before we literally couldn't stay awake any longer.

For curiosity sake, does anyone know what time the servers were actually shut off? They were still up when we called it at 3am.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
thumb_just-finished-mgs-snake-eater-gif-on-imgur-50987543.png

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So, not to make light of it but I just had a quick race there and the game is still awesome.

Just the red writing warning at the start for 10 seconds or so.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Just fired it up to see for myself and yep, it's dead. :( This is a sad day. I have years of amazing memories playing every Sunday with my crew. At least I can say I was there for the final night. We were on from 11.30 to 3am before we literally couldn't stay awake any longer.

For curiosity sake, does anyone know what time the servers were actually shut off? They were still up when we called it at 3am.
This morning, april 1st 10 o'clock (Italian time) I was kicked out from the lobby during the timeout for the car selection. From the email sent by sony, the shut-down time had should been around 1am of 1st april (Italian time). Basically 9 hours of more gameplay.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I have the answer for you. Asyncronous Challenge.

It plays the same without them, although obviously I'd prefer to have the face-offs there. They weren't that crucial part of the experience for me, like the thrill of speed and the variety of tracks and vehicles were, and still are. I've played the game solo since day one, and it's still a perfect plug and play game for a quick fix.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Just fired it up... so sad. I dont like the gray boxes all over the UI. Makes me miss it .. but as others have said... careers are there and it seems driver level has kept which is good because I want to get to 50. Sitting at 41.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Oh wow, RIP Club level :(

Yeah, I just got mine to 34, and unlocked more liveries, which are now gone. :( I liked the level 33 Rebel one in particular.

Just fired it up... so sad. I dont like the gray boxes all over the UI. Makes me miss it .. but as others have said... careers are there and it seems driver level has kept which is good because I want to get to 50. Sitting at 41.

What has kept making me sad all this time after Evolution was closed is the soundtrack. I love it, but some of the tunes just hit me with a sense of melancholy, even more now.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
It plays the same without them, although obviously I'd prefer to have the face-offs there. They weren't that crucial part of the experience for me, like the thrill of speed and the variety of tracks and vehicles were, and still are. I've played the game solo since day one, and it's still a perfect plug and play game for a quick fix.
I understand your point but for me beating the AI (which is very good for me) is not equally fun as beat the ghost of another player from an asyncronous challenges.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I understand your point but for me beating the AI (which is very good for me) is not equally fun as beat the ghost of another player from an asyncronous challenges.

I can understand that. People have different tastes. I've always been more of a solo player, even in co-op games like Destiny. And for me, most of the fun in the game comes from races against AI, which I like to do demolition style, using other vehicles as bumpers in corners. I did time trials very rarely, only for certain trophies.

Based on what I've read, I gather the loss of real-time PVP against randoms wasn't such a loss, as so many have said it's just not fun due to jackasses. Who probably acted in a similar manner as I do against the AI. Of course it's a different matter, if you raced against your friends.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Also just noticed that saved replays are affected by the online being shut down. The replays themselves are still there but all the cars are constantly glitching about and ghosting around the track. Also, the PSN profile pics which used to show above the car is replaced by a default silhouette icon. And as mentioned above, club liveries are gone so every car in replays look exactly the same now.

Fucking shit sucks.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
Yeah, I just got mine to 34, and unlocked more liveries, which are now gone. :( I liked the level 33 Rebel one in particular.

What has kept making me sad all this time after Evolution was closed is the soundtrack. I love it, but some of the tunes just hit me with a sense of melancholy, even more now.
Me too.
I'd have the vinyl and recorded it to FLAC so i can listen it on the go.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Also just noticed that saved replays are affected by the online being shut down. The replays themselves are still there but all the cars are constantly glitching about and ghosting around the track. Also, the PSN profile pics which used to show above the car is replaced by a default silhouette icon. And as mentioned above, club liveries are gone so every car in replays look exactly the same now.

Fucking shit sucks.
WTF??? I'm gonna to check that thing

EDIT
My replay (of multiplayer races) are fine. No issue to report

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping the game would have been more popular last night. Only got a 4 person bike lobby at max

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I play a little Driveclub today and yeah, still even in 2020 when raining game makes great impression. Sony huge mistake as creating such a talented studio is not an easy task. Btw I think if they postpon premiere 3 months, Driveclub would get better scores and Sony woulnd't close studio. Shame.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Me too.
I'd have the vinyl and recorded it to FLAC so i can listen it on the go.

Ooh, I'm jealous of that vinyl. I used to listen to the soundtrack on roadtrips, but not so much after the studio was closed.

Fucking shit sucks.

I just checked mine, and they seem to be fine, with club liveries intact. Dunno about the profile pics, as I recall setting them off.

EDIT:
Probably just a bike issue, it was never really that popular. We were getting 10-12 player lobbies all night on the cars side.

Yeah, I didn't like bikes that much either. The way they control just doesn't go well with my playstyle.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Way too often. It's ridiculous sometimes. I've a huge backlog on PS4 thanks to PS+ but half of the games are almost unplayable thanks to their stupid online part which is obsolete after some years because f*cking Sony can't efford to keep some servers online for a decade. Example: Grand Kingdom from NIS America, funny little game where the online part makes a huge difference because without you can't chose a Kingdom and so tons of features and rewards are not available for offline players. Servers are shut down. Next: NBA2k16, huge part of this game requires online connection. Nope servers are down so have fun with your skirmish matches.
I really fucking hate this. I know it's up to NIS and TakeTwo to host these servers but let me guess on Xbox you probably still can play those games online without any hassle. Why is that so? Is Sony really that incompetent when it comes to online functions? We pay for this shit and still they have the freaking nerve to shut down everything after some short time or because the game has not its 100k individual users per day online?!
What is the reason for such nonsense?!?
I agree, they can't be hurting on money too much? What does it cost to keep them running or to help get them filled with players? They could just sell the games for 2 dollars or something?