• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I still need the online trophies for driveclub vr and driveclub. PSN:Netguy503. Please no blank friend requests. Any help would be appreciated.
I just sent you a FR. We need Era Driverclub to help us!! That "I'll save it for later" Bike trophy is a pain in the ass currently. Even if you get booted into a car online lobby...the people playing is know the tracks, they put ridiculous weather conditions, use the fastest cars and smash the shit out of you. That is literally not a fun experience. Like its game breaking.

Ps: I'm free most of tomorrow. Maybe even tonight if we can get like 6ppl.

In US East -5gmt. (Ny)

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I just sent you a FR. We need Era Driverclub to help us!! That "I'll save it for later" Bike trophy is a pain in the ass currently. Even if you get booted into a car online lobby...the people playing is know the tracks, they put ridiculous weather conditions, use the fastest cars and smash the shit out of you. That is literally not a fun experience. Like its game breaking.

Ps: I'm free most of tomorrow. Maybe even tonight if we can get like 6ppl.

In US East -5gmt. (Ny)

I have driveclub bikes completed and not in danger of being locked out of plat thats why i just listed driveclub and vr. i think im going to be focusing on driveclub mostly because i still need the 50 face off trophy and the drive miles in a club trophy (which i guess can be done in half in hour given the video above).if i have time, i'll help with bikes but i dont know.

Does anyone know when servers offically go offline? It would be great if they extended this bc of the virus like others have said.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I have driveclub bikes completed and not in danger of being locked out of plat thats why i just listed driveclub and vr. i think im going to be focusing on driveclub mostly because i still need the 50 face off trophy and the drive miles in a club trophy (which i guess can be done in half in hour given the video above).if i have time, i'll help with bikes but i dont know.

Does anyone know when servers offically go offline? It would be great if they extended this bc of the virus like others have said.
I got the miles trophy yesterday. Just put a rubber band on remote, follow the video and let it run for like 12 hours lol. You will get the 50 face challenges too.

Also please help me get the Bikes trophy. I need 6 players though in a private lobby. 😭

Gogo_ZvC

Oct 29, 2017

Online servers for DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes will shut down on 31st March 2020, 23:59 BST.

From: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Also please help me get the Bikes trophy. I need 6 players though in a private lobby. 😭

Can add me, I'll hop on right now or tomorrow, same PSN as Era.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I got the miles trophy yesterday. Just put a rubber band on remote, follow the video and let it run for like 12 hours lol. You will get the 50 face challenges too.

If it's 12 hours i guess i'll never get the plat for driveclub. I'm not doing that and have never "rubberbanded" for trophies. That's insane. Thanks for saving me that time.

Still would like the VR trophies though if anyone's down.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Anyone that's around and needs the Bikes replay trophy or the DC challenges trophy, I'm around now and trying to get another 5 people in a private lobby for Bikes. PSN same as here.

if all you need is the DC challenges trophy, just send them my way. I promise to drive terribly.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Anyone that's around and needs the Bikes replay trophy or the DC challenges trophy, I'm around now and trying to get another 5 people in a private lobby for Bikes. PSN same as here.

if all you need is the DC challenges trophy, just send them my way. I promise to drive terribly.
I can hop on anytime you get other ppl. We need 3 more. (So far me, you and gogo)

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I regret skipping the game at launch due to reviews, this is one of the generation's best arcade racers. But I can't blame reviews for the broken launch net play. Evolution went out with a broken ass masterpiece, sad to see it slowly fade.

Ricitor

Oct 27, 2017
So I luckily got all the online trophies for Diveclub Bikes but I am happy to help people who still need the "I'll Save That for Later" Trophy. Just shoot me a PM.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I regret skipping the game at launch due to reviews, this is one of the generation's best arcade racers. But I can't blame reviews for the broken launch net play. Evolution went out with a broken ass masterpiece, sad to see it slowly fade.

Aside from the multiplayer side, the game worked just fine at launch though, and as a PVE player I greatly enjoyed it from day one.

The negativity wasn't only about the broken online. There were laughable "corridor racer" labels put on the game, and needless comparisons to Forza Horizon, an open world racer, that only served to instigate platform wars.

It speaks volumes, that I completed 50 face-offs (EDIT: I beat the first face-off a day after the launch) and raised my club level to 10 in less than a month after the launch. Those online portions of the game worked even then, and those are also the ones I'm going to miss the most when the game goes offline.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
I had to have a party of six to get it done. I used the PSNProfiles boosting game session where people are setting up groups. It is near impossible to get it legit.

Yeah I've got a session open now but no takers. I know a number of people are on the east coast or farther so I'll close up shop in an hour and try again later in the morning when more people are up. I've a feeling a bunch of people will be scrambling like I am for that particular trophy.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That's unfortunate, sony seems to often do this

Way too often. It's ridiculous sometimes. I've a huge backlog on PS4 thanks to PS+ but half of the games are almost unplayable thanks to their stupid online part which is obsolete after some years because f*cking Sony can't efford to keep some servers online for a decade. Example: Grand Kingdom from NIS America, funny little game where the online part makes a huge difference because without you can't chose a Kingdom and so tons of features and rewards are not available for offline players. Servers are shut down. Next: NBA2k16, huge part of this game requires online connection. Nope servers are down so have fun with your skirmish matches.
I really fucking hate this. I know it's up to NIS and TakeTwo to host these servers but let me guess on Xbox you probably still can play those games online without any hassle. Why is that so? Is Sony really that incompetent when it comes to online functions? We pay for this shit and still they have the freaking nerve to shut down everything after some short time or because the game has not its 100k individual users per day online?!
What is the reason for such nonsense?!?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Incredible game. Loved it since launch. One of the few games I have a platinum trophy for. Wish we could've seen a sequel to it.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I've got a session open now but no takers. I know a number of people are on the east coast or farther so I'll close up shop in an hour and try again later in the morning when more people are up. I've a feeling a bunch of people will be scrambling like I am for that particular trophy.

Add me on Psn NyPrince, is there a way to browse for custom sessions?

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Add me on Psn NyPrince, is there a way to browse for custom sessions?

I'll add you! Here's a link to the new session I just created. Unlimited number of participants. My hope is that people can use it to connect with a group to knock it out even if I find myself unavailable.

If anyone else is looking to check off this particular trophy, this could be a good place to congregate:

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Am I safe to assume this effects Driveclub VR as well? (The only 1 of the 3 I've not got the online trophies in yet... or even started)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add you! Here's a link to the new session I just created. Unlimited number of participants. My hope is that people can use it to connect with a group to knock it out even if I find myself unavailable.

If anyone else is looking to check off this particular trophy, this could be a good place to congregate:

btw had you tried doing this in a normal race? It took a while but I eventually got it by letting it time out and moving to cars, and then after quite a few races, I got a smallish map that other cars couldn't really pass me very well on.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
If it hadn't been for that ballsed up launch I think the game would still be thriving whether through a GAAS model or even sequels. There's nothing else on PS4 that sits as well between sim and arcade racing. Plus after well over 5 years it's still stunning.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Am I safe to assume this effects Driveclub VR as well? (The only 1 of the 3 I've not got the online trophies in yet... or even started)

There are two online trophies for DCVR and they're easy to get as long as you get it done within the next... 12 hours or so. One involves winning two solo challenges you create, but you can easily do that if you send it to a dummy account you create on your PS4. The other trophy requires you to finish 5 multiplayer matches. Go do this now. You don't need to win, just participate and finish. All the other DCVR trophies ought to be doable offline at your own pace.

btw had you tried doing this in a normal race? It took a while but I eventually got it by letting it time out and moving to cars, and then after quite a few races, I got a smallish map that other cars couldn't really pass me very well on.

Yeah but every time I got bumped into a Cars lobby it was still under 6 players so the trophy wouldn't have popped anyway.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Totally forgot about this, saw the thread and jumped out of bed and got my last online trophy, thanks for reminding me, Era!

Only two trophies left for platinum.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Considering Sony's amazing output during the PS4 generation...this one hurts me.
Such an amazing game that didn't deserve to end like this. Shame it flopped like it did cause i loved it!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, that's awful. Really wish this game could get one last patch for existing players to just unlock everything, but with Evo gone there's no chance.

Kind of really puts you off games with a high online presence as a whole, really.

True that, Sony especially though. Looking back at the first party PS3 games that have online you realize that everything has been shutdown. From Killzone to Resistance to Starhawk. Playstation Home, Uncharted, The Last of US, Gran Turismo, etc.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
True that, Sony especially though. Looking back at the first party PS3 games that have online you realize that everything has been shutdown. From Killzone to Resistance to Starhawk. Playstation Home, Uncharted, The Last of US, Gran Turismo, etc.

Was anything actually stripped away from those games, other than online modes, like the club cars in DC that you could use just fine offline? I don't think the closure of TLOU's multiplayer would affect the SP side anyway, for example.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a sad day. Best racing game I've played since PGR4 (and I do really like the Forza Horizon games, too).

Shutting down Evolution was Sony's biggest mistake this generation, in my opinion. In a better timeline, we got another fantastic Motorstorm game (and remasters of the old ones).

SpaggioIT

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2020
One of the reasons I enjoy PC gaming, there would be "fan" servers and mods out the wazoo for a game like this.

Feb 8, 2018
I look forward to one day play something 1:1 from the Motorstorm E3 2005 CGi teaser.

I'm hoping that happens in my lifetime. It looks like so much fun with mud being flung all over, tracks getting changed due to deformation and vehicle deformation like what was shown.

Classic trailer. Racing with mixed vehicle classes like various types of cars, quad bikes, Dirt bikes is what I'd be interested in. I understand that balancing the game would be challenging but It's rare to have that ( those who don't want that could simply use different options to play) Wreckfest gives me Motorstorm vibes but only on some tracks because the game is still motorsport oriented in a weird way, some tracks feel like rallycross and less like tricky routes in the wilderness.

Last edited: