• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see an announcement

It looks like you can now edit thread titles if you're the OP, at least for the first few minutes

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I think this was supported in the old forum. It was strange that this wasn't the case here too. Glad it's come back. Limit should be ~10 minutes though.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Yeah I'm pretty sure mods can see the edit history

I'm an admin on another forum that has the same software as this site and there isn't an edit history specifically for titles that are changed by the threadstarter. You can see the edit history of the post itself if the post content is changed, but not the title unless a member of staff has changed it (and even then you can only see the title before the staff member edited it) so I imagine it works the same on here.

Has been the case on my parent site since the beginning and there have been no issues. If some people do abuse it on here, they'll get swiftly dealt with by the mods so I think some are worrying too much. Being able to edit titles on your own threads is very useful. particularly on topics that are constantly evolving.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I think almost every new thread I make has some kind of error, the utter embarrassments I will save myself from is quite a beautiful prospect.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... now where did THIS feature come from, I wonder? ;)

Joking aside, this wasn't actually suppose to be live yet. Tech folks found some minor issues to work out, hence why there was no announcement for it. Once these issues are worked out, you'll be able to edit your thread titles within five minutes after your thread is created. We'll let people know when it's ready.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Now know one can make fun of me for any spelling errors that I make! Fools!

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
This is a game changer...

Was it? I feel like I remember a mod saying they explicitly didn't allow thread title to be changed by users?

It was. The old place used to have two titles: the display one that showed in the list of threads, and a title that displayed inside the thread itself. These were linked up until the window for editing the list title closed. I was in the middle of making an OT for a game that was launching the same day, and I wanted to post something so that people could have a place to talk about the game. The plan was then to edit in the rest of stuff as it got done.

I edited the title inside the thread to be something like "My dog ate my OT; rest of the content coming soon", and because the list title wasn't "locked" yet, it changed both of them. I had to scramble to make sure I changed them back before the window closed.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OT: but I love your avatar. Just started watching the office for the first time over a few weeks ago, I just hit the end of season 7.
👍🏻

Hmm... now where did THIS feature come from, I wonder? ;)

Joking aside, this wasn't actually suppose to be live yet. Tech folks found some minor issues to work out, hence why there was no announcement for it. Once these issues are worked out, you'll be able to edit your thread titles within five minutes after your thread is created. We'll let people know when it's ready.
Haha, cool, and sorry for the leak then ^^

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been here three years and haven't made a thread yet. You won't get me this time!