• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Listen up Era, Blade Runner 2049 just got added back onto HBOMax as of yesterday, Feb. 26th. Yes, that means if you haven't already watched this masterpiece of a film, you now have an easy means to do so. So, no more excuses Morrigan.

But seriously, this is one of Denis Villeneuve's finest works, a worthy sequel to the 80's cult-classic, and just an all around top-tier neo-noir film. Enjoy it now, while you can. Also, be sure to crank your sound system all the way up to get that theatre experience. If your home isn't shaking watching this film, then you're experiencing it wrong. 😁

EefaAyJJQDasVaShElcc_Q.gif

bahNBEU.gif

SpecificQuerulousIguana-small.gif

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Got this on 4K Bluray and watched it twice already, the second time it's even better.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I think this is an overall better movie than the original, so I'm happy that more people have come around to it in the time since it came out.

Also, I'm glad we've got more Blade Runner stuff coming our way soon.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I own the 4K version on Vudu and it's a thing of beauty. This is one of those movies that needs to be watched in Dolby Vision with Atmos.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
One of my all time favorites. It's a classic to me. I think everybody should give it a chance at least, to see if it's for them. I've watched it so many times, lol. I love the original as well, but I think this is even better.

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
Watched last night for the first time..Hans Zimmer is no joke when it comes to music..so my fiance whispers "danny elfman" in my ear for about ten minutes last night as I try and get some zzzz

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Movie get's better every time you watch it, it is amazing how it lives up to the original even in that regard.

Gosling still sucks tho.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Only seen it once and had very mixed feelings.

Deserves another watch though.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Easily one of my favorite recent movies.

It's been long enough that I'm morally obligated to rewatch it again.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
This 2hr 45min movie is something I've sat through several times and holds my attention throughout each time. I have so much fun watching superhero, blockbuster action, etc. movies but they all have at least a couple of spots that just seem to drag and the runtimes always seem way to too long.

I saw it using moviepass in a local theater. I loved it so much I went back the next weekend and saw it in the Dolby theater and it was absolutely worth doing.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This movie is art-in-motion, and was the first 4k bluray I picked up. Such an amazing film.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
I watched both the original and 2049 for the first time last November and vastly preferred the original, but 2049 is still decent. Maybe I'll give it another watch and will like it more during my second viewing

Oct 27, 2017
This and the original is better.
I feel the opposite way. I mean, I like the original Blade Runner but 2049 is probably one of my favorite movies ever.

Watching it in IMAX was just an awesome experience- the score and sound and visuals were just amazing. For being an almost 3 hour movie, the whole audio/visual experience of it kept me totally engaged.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still fucking sad that we will never get a sequel to this story...
There are still several loose threads that are not resolved.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Watched the first hour YUP it still holds up. I know it's only HD but you all are convincing me to get the 4K version.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This and the original is better.
I prefer 2049 because seeing it in the theater was extremely memorable for me.

But they are both really good and unlike anything I have seen before or since they were released.

I think the original was definitely more iconic. It was so influential for the look of so many sci fi movies and game that came afterwards.