• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuno

Oct 26, 2017
I had two separate orders of three codes each. They sent me those six codes... and then three more codes after that (so far). I feel a little dirty, but I'm redeeming these bad boys.

Edit: just got two more codes... hoo boy.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks microsoft fixed the free extra month so quick 😭
Atleast i got 3 free months from it

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The redemption site seems to be working now and yeah, I paid for 3 and got 6...

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a free code too. I only ordered one of these last night and they just sent me an email for a second one. I checked it assuming it was just the same code sent twice and nope, it was a totally different one.

Rad.

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
Yeah mine still say preparing but I already redeemed my 6 codes. Looking out for those extra ones 👀

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Just got an extra code...thought it was maybe a repeat but it redeemed and I now have 3 extra months...checked my orders and still only 2...

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I also just got an extra month from Target... Is it safe to redeem that extra code?

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
tenor.gif

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
At what point am I just giving Microsoft an interest-free loan? I'm up to 5 years of Gamepass.

Rondre Tibet

Feb 13, 2018
I bought 2 codes and got them. Then they sent me 3 more and tried to redeem and they all worked. So either I get 3 free codes or they charge me. I good either way. And got the extra month on each.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Ah, yeah, bought 3 codes, and just got two more sent to me... What in the world. Can't add any more though. I'm topped off at just under 3 years already.

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered 8 cards. Got all of them by noon today. I just got sent 3 more. I removed my billing info from target, just in case.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, in addition to the 3 codes I ordered, Target sent me a fourth code as well like 9 hours later. They all worked so I'm not complaining. Lol.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
FYI, my free codes came about 8 hours after my first batch of paid codes. And it had the same order number as my first batch.

I have to wonder if this is a database error and we're getting codes intended for others. That would explain why some people aren't getting any codes at all.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Here to report same as others. Bought three codes and got two extras. Must be a big issue on their part...

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
He probably has enough codes for 5, just gotta redeem them every 3 months.
When do codes expire?
It looks like I'll have to remember to keep redeeming if i end up topping out at 3
retail codes don't expire. I used a 10 year old xbox live code a few months ago (converted to ultimate, ofc)

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Target sells gift cards through a 3rd party, which is why their process is really weird. I think it's the third party that's fucking up and just keeps generating codes.

I wish they fucked up mine. :(

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
Can they please fuck up for me too!!! Got the ones I paid for now the luck gods should gift me some free ones.

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
What's the deal with the "1 month free" when redeeming if you turn on auto-billing. Can you do that with every 3 month card to turn it into a 4 month card? Does it stop you from stacking?

Not that I needed more - I bought 3 of these last night and they sent double the codes. So about $60 for 18 months of game pass ultimate.

kdmgman

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with the "1 month free" when redeeming if you turn on auto-billing. Can you do that with every 3 month card to turn it into a 4 month card? Does it stop you from stacking?

Not that I needed more - I bought 3 of these last night and they sent double the codes. So about $60 for 18 months of game pass ultimate.
It let me get a free month on each code i redeemed by turning it off for each redeem.