• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
Remember you can buy EA Access 12 Month sub, converts to 4 Months of Gamepass Ultimate.

Currently on sale for $22
(I purchased 3 already, instantly delivered via email, redeemed perfectly to my US XBL account)

www.shopto.net

Buy EA Play 12 Month Membership (EA Access) XBOX DIGITAL - ShopTo.net

Buy cheap £16.85 EA Play 12 Month Membership (EA Access) - XBOX DIGITAL (UK) ✔️Shop EA Play 12 Month Membership (EA Access) ✔️Instant Delivery 24/7 ✔️Fantastic price ✔️Digital ✔️Finance Options Available

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bought 3 and had my partner buy me 3 more. Just waiting for the codes to get emailed.

Thanks for the PSA, OP! I continue to not pay full price for Game Pass lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This deal is good if you want to top up an active subscription that doesn't run out for a long time, or if you want to hang on for a long time before using them.

But if you're not in either of those camps, you're MUCH better off doing the conversion thing. You can get a full three years of GPU for the price of three years of Xbox Live Gold + $1.
Wait what? How does this work?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Wait what? How does this work?

As long as you don't have an active Game Pass subscription of any kind. That includes one that has been cancelled but your time hasn't run out yet.

1) Get up to three years of XBL Gold codes from anywhere
2) Go to Xbox website
3) Top up your Xbox Live Gold to a maximum of three years/36 months with the codes, and don't turn on "auto-renew" for the free month.
4) Select the option to "Upgrade" to Game Pass Ultimate

If it's your first time doing it, they'll give you a 1:1 conversion of your XBL Gold time to GPU time for $1. If you've done it before, they'll still convert it at 1:1, but you'll be charged $14.99 for the conversion instead of $1.

So if it's your first time, even if you paid full price for three years of XBL Gold codes, you're getting three years of Game Pass Ultimate for $181. If it's not your first time, it's $195.

That works out to paying a little over $5 a month for Game Pass Ultimate, and you don't even have to think about it again until November 2023.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Remember you can buy EA Access 12 Month sub, converts to 4 Months of Gamepass Ultimate.

(I purchased 3 already, instantly delivered via email, redeemed perfectly to my US XBL account)

www.shopto.net

Buy cheap £16.85 EA Play 12 Month Membership (EA Access) - XBOX DIGITAL (UK) ✔️Shop EA Play 12 Month Membership (EA Access) ✔️Instant Delivery 24/7 ✔️Fantastic price ✔️Digital ✔️Finance Options Available
The language that was in the announcement about EA Play at the beginning said that this conversion would only be a one-time thing, as opposed to the continual conversion ratio like XBL Gold or regular Game Pass. Is what you're saying that you can, at any point, buy a one year EA Access code and get 4 months of GPU? If so, I definitely would've bought that instead of some of these codes this week and would buy some to stock up with.

Oct 29, 2017
OK Target, I would actually like my code at some point tonight. Do they have an actual human scratching off a code from a card and sending it via email? Don't know what could possibly take this long if it was all fully automated, which leads me to believe someone has a penny and has to scratch off the code, wipe off all the shavings from the scratched-off coating, type in the code on their Target computer, and then email it.

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
I ordered two codes from Target. One code (and one code only) arrived at 10:24pm EST. The second code is MIA. Logging into my Target account states the order is fulfilled and that an e-mail has been sent. Ummm... .

Mar 23, 2019
Ok, silly question, but this will be my first time with gamepass.

Can I start the $1 trial and then use these to add-on to my account?

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
The language that was in the announcement about EA Play at the beginning said that this conversion would only be a one-time thing, as opposed to the continual conversion ratio like XBL Gold or regular Game Pass. Is what you're saying that you can, at any point, buy a one year EA Access code and get 4 months of GPU? If so, I definitely would've bought that instead of some of these codes this week and would buy some to stock up with.

Yes I just did 3x12 Month EA Access conversion to 12 Months Ultimate

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, these keep getting better with every passing day. I thought the Best Buy one was good (and it was!), then Newegg, now this. With Red Card and the little extra from Rakuten, even cheaper! Good stuff.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

www.shopto.net

Whoa when did they start doing this?

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
Yaah this doesn't work from outside the US..well at least for me.
Got everything setup with my US account/credit card and the order immediately confirmed then canceled at the same time.
The best buy deal works but it's only one item per customer so I don't know how y'all managed to get 3 items without cancellation.

Still waiting on the Newegg and Amazon deals to be back up again

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm confused, why are people saying it offers an extra month for turning auto renew OFF?

Wouldn't it be for turning auto renew on? Because they want to incentivize you to turn it on?

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm confused, why are people saying it offers an extra month for turning auto renew OFF?

Wouldn't it be for turning auto renew on? Because they want to incentivize you to turn it on?
You turn it off
Redeem the code and they offer you a month to turn it on.
Turn it on get the month.
Turn it off.
Redeem next code.
they offer you a month to turn it on
Etc etc

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
As long as you don't have an active Game Pass subscription of any kind. That includes one that has been cancelled but your time hasn't run out yet.

2) Go to Xbox website
3) Top up your Xbox Live Gold to a maximum of three years/36 months with the codes, and don't turn on "auto-renew" for the free month.

If it's your first time doing it, they'll give you a 1:1 conversion of your XBL Gold time to GPU time for $1. If you've done it before, they'll still convert it at 1:1, but you'll be charged $14.99 for the conversion instead of $1.

So if it's your first time, even if you paid full price for three years of XBL Gold codes, you're getting three years of Game Pass Ultimate for $181. If it's not your first time, it's $195.

That works out to paying a little over $5 a month for Game Pass Ultimate, and you don't even have to think about it again until November 2023.
Holy fuck! You might have just convinced me to get a Series X next month!
Edit: So can I do this for 2 years and then use the 3 3 months I just got for an extra year? Or hey, maybe I'll go for 3 years and then use the codes I got today lol. Damn!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You turn it off
Redeem the code and they offer you a month to turn it on.
Turn it on get the month.
Turn it off.
Redeem next code.
they offer you a month to turn it on
Etc etc

Okay this makes more sense to me. Thank you.

you do this on the site or the console?

I actually don't think turning off auto renew even exists on the console lol. They make you go hunt down the site. They did at one point anyway.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Holy fuck! You might have just convinced me to get a Series X next month!
Edit: So can I do this for 2 years and then use the 3 3 months I just got for an extra year? Or hey, maybe I'll go for 3 years and then use the codes I got today lol. Damn!

You need to redeem all XBOX LIVE codes you have BEFORE you do the "Upgrade". Any further XBL codes you redeem after doing the Upgrade will get turned into GPU time at a much worse ratio.

However, if you have actual Game Pass Ultimate codes, you can indeed just redeem those after doing the upgrade, and they'll get added as you'd expect. I still think the max you can be pre-paid for a subscription is three years though, so keep that in mind.

But yes, it's a ridiculous deal. $181 to play everything that comes out on Game Pass, including from Microsoft's 23+ teams, for three years.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OK Target, I would actually like my code at some point tonight. Do they have an actual human scratching off a code from a card and sending it via email? Don't know what could possibly take this long if it was all fully automated, which leads me to believe someone has a penny and has to scratch off the code, wipe off all the shavings from the scratched-off coating, type in the code on their Target computer, and then email it.
Lol I laughed too much at this. Now I know why my codes are taking so long haha.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You need to redeem all XBOX LIVE codes you have BEFORE you do the "Upgrade". Any further XBL codes you redeem after doing the Upgrade will get turned into GPU time at a much worse ratio.

However, if you have actual Game Pass Ultimate codes, you can indeed just redeem those after doing the upgrade, and they'll get added as you'd expect. I still think the max you can be pre-paid for a subscription is three years though, so keep that in mind.

But yes, it's a ridiculous deal. $181 to play everything that comes out on Game Pass, including from Microsoft's 23+ teams, for three years.
Yeah that's ridiculous! Will it still be available next year? I think I'm just gonna do this 3 years thing and use the codes I have (GPU codes) after a year so that I reach the 3 year subbed limit again.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Yeah that's ridiculous! Will it still be available next year? I think I'm just gonna do this 3 years thing and use the codes I have (GPU codes) after a year so that I reach the 3 year subbed limit again.

They haven't said how long it'll last, or publicized it at all really. It was supposed to be an introductory deal for new GPU subscribers a long while back, but people realized you could do it repeatedly if you just let your sub completely lapse first.

I just did it myself last week, for another three years. Didn't want to wait too long and potentially miss out.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yup. Price in the gray market though, will definitely go down as stock is more readily available. The PS5, on the other hand, is officially available (well, OoS right now) in retailers so we have an official price (PEN 2700 for DE, PEN 3000 for regular). I bought the regular one for that price because I figured gray market sellers would, and are indeed taking advantage of scarcity and driving up the price to about PEN 4k. My PS5 arrives next month, I might end up getting a Series X next year when I go to the US.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

2) Go to Xbox website

I didn't know about the $15 upgrade if you've done it before. Buying 3 years of gold and $15 is still quite a deal.

But chances of it working in 1-2 years if you're already stacked up..

You think it's better to load up now on this gpu deal or save some gold cards up?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

When their system gets overloaded, it can take awhile. Normally it's quick. Nintendo codes are instant. Microsoft and Sony come within usually about a half hour. But if their system is overloaded, and it most certainly is with people doing these $19.99, it can take 24 hours or more sometimes and there's not much they can do from the customer service side. Trust me, I've been down this path when there's been an issue with code distribution with them.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know about the $15 upgrade if you've done it before. Buying 3 years of gold and $15 is still quite a deal.

But chances of it working in 1-2 years if you're already stacked up..

You think it's better to load up now on this gpu deal or save some gold cards up?
We dont know what the gold conversion will be in a few years though. Can we assume it will be the same? 3 months of gpu is 3 years of gpu.