• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
It's not receiving a console that I'm worried about, it's them not being able to put out meaningful content near/at launch day due to different embargos for countries in the 'Rest of the World'. Will they receive the console a week later and have an embargo that means they have to put out their content a week later?

I feel like their analysis is uniquely in depth that they won't be hurting by putting out videos after the embargo. Greg Miller doing an unboxing video isn't going to eat into their views

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, that would make sense, though I'm still skeptical.

That's what I'm asking; has Sony made it so that 'Rest of the World' outlets are automatically one-week behind even if they're part of the 'press' that's getting consoles/games sent to them? For instance will Digital Foundry not have the time to adequately analyse launch games until a whole week after so many people have been able to start playing them?

Icant see Sony being that short sighted restricting access to the biggest gaming tech analysis house wouldn't be a good look.

Givinf them a short deadline would be pretty harsh.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
When we will start seeing impressions from the gaming journalists? is there any NDA?
There is, we don't know when it lifts. I'd probably guess we'll see unboxings at the start of the week though and more interesting content either of week or start of the next.

That's pure guesswork though.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
He's not a really a gamer though. His XSX coverage wasn't deep
Well at least he doesn't pretend that he's that knowledgeable. His production value is super good though, so that's one of his selling point. For the deeper look we have Digital Foundry, or Gamers Nexus, etc. Different market for everyone I suppose :>

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
At the rate Covid is fucking up all of europe again I still fear that I won't receive my console on launch day or even in the first couple of weeks. I kinda have a veeery bad feeling.
Parcel deliveries and postal services will run even if everything else goes into lockdown.
Tough luck for those who wanted to go to the store on the first day and grab it there...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
At the rate Covid is fucking up all of europe again I still fear that I won't receive my console on launch day or even in the first couple of weeks. I kinda have a veeery bad feeling.
I'm starting to worry about that myself since I am collecting my ps5 from GAME.

Luckily it seems what's likely is a couple of weeks at most of lockdown coming back and if so it should hopefully be before the release but it is lingering in the back of my mind.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to worry about that myself since I am collecting my ps5 from GAME.

Luckily it seems what's likely is a couple of weeks at most of lockdown coming back and if so it should hopefully be before the release but it is lingering in the back of my mind.
I'm sure you'll be fine, the U.K. government has shown it has no intention of valuing lives about the economy, GAME will be open.

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
Ubiday is currently streaming live on youtube, if you go to minute 35 after the show starts, there is a WatchDog Legion gameplay on Playstation , I think this is Ps5(?) Button interface is clearly PS and looks very nice. What do you think? I don't have privileges to create a new thread if someone wants to post this :)
Can't set url to the exact minute when starts the gameplay cause it's currentry live

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, that's exactly what I have been reassuring myself with 😂

It's the only time I am hoping they don't do the right thing and lock things down completely.

I know it's selfish but just let the 19th come and for us to get our hands on our new consoles. They can then lock us down as much as they want.

Deep down though, I can't help shake the feeling of some type of big lock down coming in just before the day... it's sods law

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
I'm more excited for BC impressions than I am for new game impressions. I know next gen games will be great and have awesome features; I want to know how the games I already know will be greatly enhanced on PS5. That, to me, is a big instant value added feature.
Same honestly, there's been some games like Uncharted 4 I gave up on because of the fan noise on my Pro I'm excited to play them on PS5 hopefully with enhancements.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I know it's selfish but just let the 19th come and for us to get our hands on our new consoles. They can then lock us down as much as they want.

Deep down though, I can't help shake the feeling of some type of big lock down coming in just before the day... it's sods law
Yeah exactly.

I know there was talk of them potentially doing 2 weeks and including half term in it but haven't heard anything since about it.

Either way, please just let me get my console and games and then go into lockdown if needed. If I end up waiting a week after the US and then having to wait longer I'm gonna be very sad.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ubiday is currently streaming live on youtube, if you go to minute 35 after the show starts, there is a WatchDog Legion gameplay on Playstation , I think this is Ps5(?) Button interface is clearly PS and looks very nice. What do you think? I don't have privileges to create a new thread if someone wants to post this :)
Can't set url to the exact minute when starts the gameplay cause it's currentry live

All previews where played via a streaming service on PCs. The button prompts depend on the used controller.
This guy here also used a Playstation controller in his preview 2 weeks ago:

edit: but yeah - it could also be a newer build or actually being played on a PS5.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Yeah, it's Digital Foundry that I'm most worried about here. It just wouldn't make any sense for Sony to make it so that their incredible tech analyses don't actually show up on launch day for the majority of people, but since they're European it could actually happen.
Surely it makes no difference to Sony when they land? They've sold through anyway. It's bad for US consumers, but I doubt Sony cares about that particularly, and most of the world would get the coverage on our/their launch day.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone losing their minds in here needs to take a step back. There will be plans in place, they'll be happening in due course. Just... Chill!

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
whats this collusion against my character

PZQEujs.png

my paws can do almost too much

I knew it! Thats a different type of dog from your avatar, YOU FAKE!

*Insert Self avatar quote

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Everyone losing their minds in here needs to take a step back. There will be plans in place, they'll be happening in due course. Just... Chill!
Seriously, we all complain about people creating conspiracies and here people are speculating about weird shit, when most likely European outlets will be getting their consoles in the next few days. Even Digital Foundry themselves had to call people out on Twitter for this. Let's calm down and wait, we'll get impressions soon.

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
Lack of Dolby Vision support now isn't a concern. It's only important for a wider color gamut on literally the absolute best available TV's right now and would likely only impact movie watching more than games.

The Series X doesn't support Dolby Vision at launch either and likely won't become an issue for at least another year or two as more affordable, highly performant televisions come out.
Wrong. Dolby Vision's biggest application is it's dynamic metadata. Tone Mapping is kinda a Wild West situation, especially on lower end sets. Having seen HDR10 and DV on a low end Vizio V series, the difference is cast. Dolby Vision benefits lower end panels more than higher end panels, due to its dynamic metadata making tone mapping easier and more accurate on lower end displays.

Oct 30, 2017
Wrong. Dolby Vision's biggest application is it's dynamic metadata. Tone Mapping is kinda a Wild West situation, especially on lower end sets. Having seen HDR10 and DV on a low end Vizio V series, the difference is cast. Dolby Vision benefits lower end panels more than higher end panels, due to its dynamic metadata making tone mapping easier and more accurate on lower end displays.
I'm really bummed about no Dolby Vision.
Come on, Sony...cough up the dough and let's go.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

I'm worried to hit bad luck even with two preorders. So far my luck has held up well with day one for 3080, quest 2 and iPhone 12. Got to go wrong at some point

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Sony will release another official video on the PS5 UI, or if they will allow the media to introduce the remainder of the features.

Status
Not open for further replies.