• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Oct 27, 2017
john said their xboxes came from the US too. so if Sony was shipping these units from the US it makes sense

if they did they can't talk about it yet hehe

that'd be the first thing I'd try tho
tenor.gif

OK I will wait. I need to see that framerate.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
john said their xboxes came from the US too. so if Sony was shipping these units from the US it makes sense

if they did they can't talk about it yet hehe

that'd be the first thing I'd try tho
were the xbox in retail boxes or were they just sending the system and all that in regular boxes?

seems sony is just sending actual retail boxes.

maybe the eu supplies are done elsewhere?

either way they'll get it. and since there seems to be embargo it should be fine.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Grubb actually does not game on Xbox at all. He's a PC gamer. He mentioned this on a podcast. Never turned his Xbox on. Someone can be a fan of something else and still give their opinions fairly.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I think it was because people kept questioning his PlayStation announcement calendar
He's free to love or hate anything he wants, for whatever reason he wants... But if he's saying a bunch of falsehood repeatedly maybe we should stop quoting the baseless comments every time.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I just need DF on BC enhancement. Guess EU hasn't received any so there won't be any until a later date.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I am so excited for their initial impressions and what they can talk about. We need a embargo roadmap asap!!!
Tempest engine doesn't make Dolby Vision redundant. As a wise man once said, why not both? Similar to Xbox having their own solution alongside Dolby Vision.

Sony seems to want to heavily push their own audio solution with Tempest. They bought Audiokinetic and will no doubt be making it easier to use Tempest audio in Wwise, meaning hundreds of games released each year should have support. Sony is more than just a gaming company, they've got a huge audio legacy and between Tempest audio and 360 Reality audio they seem to be gunning for Dolby.

VideoTech UK

Feb 18, 2020
England
Not really related but I've just noticed The Last of Us: Remastered and The Last of Us: Left Behind Remastered were just updated moments ago across all regions. I'm guessing it's something for the media to test out themselves on PS5 with new enhacements, will keep a closer eye in the coming days.

Link to the game (Orbis Patches) https://orbispatches.com/CUSA00554

HlTaVQz.jpg

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
PS5 SDK is an evolution of the PS4 one... It's not different at all.

In fact, wasn't MS the one that changed their SDK from XDK to GDK??

Indeed. A bit weird to make that take when it seems that scaling from PS4 to PS5 is made easy by using the same SDK. Maybe he just doesn't know and works based on guesswork?

Status
Not open for further replies.