• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Price according to Jim Ryan was decided "quite early this year", unless you choose not to believe him and want to have your own version of the event.

Sony is not prioritizing BC games as a selling point. The new exclusives games are, and they have shown quite a bit of them. They will show more in the coming weeks.

Please, this was already in motion before next gen started since they did the same shit current gen, sorry.
Charging consumers an extra $100 for a disk drive was not always set in motion and neither was waiting this long, it was reactionary to Microsoft having a cheaper model. There is no use continuing this conversation as it appears to you Sony has no competition and every move they make you will agree with. Let's talk about the PS5, not more console warrioring and how so many had fake concerns.

Your point was that we don't know what enhancements there would be... but we do?
We do and we don't. Have we seen anyone on camera showing multiple BC games running side by side? Hopefully that comes soon but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because it sounds like the system will perform very well.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's possible and even probable that they don't get to keep them (otherwise it might be construed as a bribe).

(the pre-release devices Apple sends out to reviewers are required to be returned after the embargo completely lifts.)

I have received hardware from Sony in the past and I was not required to return it. It's in their interest for people to have the hardware to be able to review their games. It's not a "bribe"

(I swear I have this discussion every time press kits/review hardware/early promos come up)

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
I have received hardware from Sony in the past and I was not required to return it. It's in their interest for people to have the hardware to be able to review their games. It's not a "bribe"

(I swear I have this discussion every time press kits/review hardware/early promos come up)

Sorry I didn't mean it to be construed that way. I am fully in agreement that these aren't fun perks...these are literally tools for people to do their jobs.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018

Everyone else said the embargo only allows them to show the box for today. If Austin already reveals a unboxing of the controller, he really might have gotten a controller earlier for a little bit of that Youtube money. In conclusion, he probably didn't receive a PS5 for review from Sony.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Yeah. Atmos is redundant with Tempest. The real question is whether they'll eventually get Dolby Vision for games IMO.
Until Sony outlines how Tempest is going to work with audio receivers then no. Currently Tempest is just for headphones and soon virtual surround sound through tv speakers. Unless receivers can be updated to support the Tempest format or Sony comes out with their own receivers there will be no 3D game audio support for true multi-speaker surround sound setups.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I wish you hadn't said that, i'm getting a hazmat suit now.
Ever since March, I've just been focused on waiting for the PS5 to come out. It's actually been a really good coping mechanism. No matter how down I've felt in lockdown, and then working at the office alone in a room day after day, I've been just focussed on making it through to November.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I understand that Geoff Keighley got one as well, but putting it on the street to take videos of it with music. I would never put my ps5 on the street like that!

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising other members
Charging consumers an extra $100 for a disk drive was not always set in motion and neither was waiting this long, it was reactionary to Microsoft having a cheaper model. There is no use continuing this conversation as it appears to you Sony has no competition and every move they make you will agree with. Let's talk about the PS5, not more console warrioring and how so many had fake concerns.

So now we should stop console warrioring and how so many fake concerns? Shouldn't you have pulled back on your leash and let the comment rock as normal without having to say something because it bothered you? Stop it sweetie. Just take the heat for your own bad take and step back in the kitchen. You are no less above "it" than you are trying to gander lol

You, the person who are not in any position on any table of either company have no idea what you are talking about but yet feel the need to take strong opinion on what your head cannons says as true. There was no conversation to begin with

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ever since March, I've just been focused on waiting for the PS5 to come out. It's actually been a really good coping mechanism. No matter how down I've felt in lockdown, and then working at the office alone in a room day after day, I've been just focussed on making it through to November.

Aye, same. even the constant Github stuff was worth it.
Almost there now.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It's possible and even probable that they don't get to keep them (otherwise it might be construed as a bribe).

(the pre-release devices Apple sends out to reviewers are required to be returned after the embargo completely lifts.)
Would be nice to give them the opportunity to buy.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Once these outlets release their impressions and hands on stuff for PS5 I bet a bunch will reach new records for viewership. People are starving for the PS5 information. It will be interesting see. As frustratingly quiet as Sony have been, it has been super effective at creating and sustaining numbers and hype.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Is that the same horrible rubber pads from the PS4 controller sticks?
Sticks have new surface details
ps5-dualsense-controller.jpg

Hm, weird choice not to give a spare charging cable with a $70 dollar controller.
Same as with PS4, one charging cable is provided with the console.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia

Its different depending on regions. Some regions have shortages of hardware so local PlayStation representatives and PR agencies can only borrow it to you for a few days (not enough to actually beat all the launch games.. maybe 3 or 4). Then, the console gets cleaned up and is sent to other media folks. I imagine there will be a lot reviews for games/consoles few days/weeks after the inicial ones. Its definitely going to be like that in some countries in Europe.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
So now we should stop console warrioring and how so many fake concerns? Shouldn't you have pulled back on your leash and let the comment rock as normal without having to say something because it bothered you? Stop it sweetie. Just take the heat for your own bad take and step back in the kitchen. You are no less above "it" than you are trying to gander lol

You, the person who are not in any position on any table of either company have no idea what you are talking about but yet feel the need to take strong opinion on what your head cannons says as true. There was no conversation to begin with
Sweetie? No we should not expect you to stop console warrioring, wishful thinking on my part.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Why did that bother you? Sony was playing the waiting game for so long (as was Microsoft) on pricing that the pre-orders turned into a total shitshow. They could have done it a few months back to help retailers and consumers instead of this massive crunch. You think there would be resistance by anyone if Digital Foundry did a hands on like they had with Series X? Of course not.

It wasn't they were trying to hide something, it was the constant drip-feed approach that was being questioned. We still have no idea of how multiple BC games benefit right away, we saw that on Series X. Are you not wanting to know how Ghosts of Tsushima runs on PS5 for example or you just want to brush that all aside and say we will find out when we find out?
no reason to take pre-orders months ago so no use telling the price months ago. you have a production andn shipping limit, giving it early makes people assume you can get more shipments when you have a hard limit.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Man...I need the embargos to be up like yesterday...lol
When should we expect stuff? Late next week?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed but i think the whole purpose is for you to have something to do before a game you rather play is loaded.

Right. Play Astro while waiting for games to download, install.
Considering the size of the PS5, the box isn't as big as I was imagining it to be

Ok, I'm not alone in thinking this.

Well damn, I don't have to post impressions of it working work with PS4 and PC.

Nice!!!

And mobile phones????

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I am so excited for their initial impressions and what they can talk about. We need a embargo roadmap asap!!!
Yeah. Atmos is redundant with Tempest. The real question is whether they'll eventually get Dolby Vision for games IMO.
Tempest engine doesn't make Dolby Vision redundant. As a wise man once said, why not both? Similar to Xbox having their own solution alongside Dolby Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.