• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
For whatever reason they didn't include this in the English version of the blog post, despite it being bigger news for trophy hunters.

Oh, huh? Weird.

Then again, I got pretty distracted when I saw the blog post and this thread. :D

But still, a very welcome idea.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not having this made me ignore trophies entirely. Not a huge achievement guy but being able to see progress on XboX and Steam made them fun to chase in some cases.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
'Compatible 'games'

I always assume it's gonna be supported by first party only, if that, when I read these things. Does every game support on it on xbox? I heard its not accurate either unless they fixed that.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
About damn time!
I hope this leads to more developers using these same tools the Xbox has had the entire generation... because it's frustrating some games on Xbox just don't track trophies when the ability is there.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Steam is like this, it's super useful.

Gradon now you can finally check your DBD achievements LOL

Yes. Here's a snippit from my gamepass showing it for Sea of Thieves

rbG9sCQ.png
That's awesome! I didn't know that.

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I always assume it's gonna be supported by first party only, if that, when I read these things. Does every game support on it on xbox? I heard its not accurate either unless they fixed that.
I'm reading people on Twitter suggest it's not widely supported on Xbox, so hopefully PS5 now supporting it will push third-party developers to adopt it more.

Edit: Turns out this isn't true.

Last edited:

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Not gonna lie, I actually don't like this because it messes with my OCD as I will now see incomplete trophies having a partial progress bar.

Also if they do it like how achievements do it, it messes with the trophy list order as it will start sorting it by progress instead of the default.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
'Compatible 'games'

I think it's pretty accurate, but it's not utilized in every game, particularly 3rd party games. Hopefully, both platforms supporting will incentivize devs to make use of it (on both platforms).

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading people on Twitter suggest it's not widely supported on Xbox, so hopefully PS5 now supporting it will push third-party developers to adopt it more.
In my brief experience with the Xbox ecosystem on PC, I don't think that's the case. But either way, it's definitely widely supported on Steam so I don't see why they wouldn't just do the same on consoles.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This would've come in handy with Avengers. A number of trophies are collecting, rescuing or completing a certain number of objectives and you have no idea where that number is unless you're manually keep track of it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
'Compatible 'games'

For research purposes, I looked at the most recent 25 games I've played on Steam with achievements.

Only 3 had tracking:

Dead by Daylight
Ziggurat
Left 4 Dead 2

The games I checked are snippited below

qfkSJA5.png

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
It even has a transparent overlay that you have on the screen while you play the game.
achievement_xbox-one.png

Happy this is coming to PS. Great feature.
Oh wow I never knew this about my Xbox, I definitely never used it! How does it work, do you choose what achievements to "pin" in the overlay or is it dynamic with the ones you're close to achieve?

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Seemed like such a basic feature when Steam had it 10 (?) years ago.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
Oh wow I never knew this about my Xbox, I definitely never used it! How does it work, do you choose what achievements to "pin" in the overlay or is it dynamic with the ones you're close to achieve?

Its been a while since I have used it, but you turn it on in the guide and I think it defaults to the achievements you are closest to attaining in whichever game you are currently playing. But someone else may be able to provide more clarity.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I would say that it is widely supported and a minority of games don't support it.

It's there in the vast majority of games. Occasionally you'll get a game that doesn't support it and it's a bummer.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Xbox tracks your progress toward a trophy?

Yep but it depends on the dev to turn it on. Its awesome for tracking the progress and then you can sort as well as pin so while playing a game you can pop out some achievements on the screen and control how transparent it is. So if you are grinding achievements you can put up to 5 on the screen at all times and make them very transparent but you can see in real time the progress bar.

It is those little things that I love about what MS has done.. just wish they would steal the plat trophy idea.

This is great that its coming to PS.. The tracking anyways.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Its been a while since I have used it, but you turn it on in the guide and I think it defaults to the achievements you are closest to attaining in whichever game you are currently playing. But someone else may be able to provide more clarity.

This is true but if you favorite an achievement it goes right to the top no matter the progress, until its unlocked.

The Xbox one isnt acurate, i dont know it fuck up with me xD

It sometimes lags.. due to server load but the progress will catch up.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Shame it doesn't seem to work retroactivity for PS4 games, but at least it's now there. It's been my biggest request for the trophy system.
Shame indeed. Great to have it on PS5 finally, but I am disappointed PS4 isn't getting the feature. Just artificially blocked :/