• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Danlord

Oct 29, 2017
Not that I use it but nice to spot the web browser being mentioned in the settings on the 2nd video

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Awesome! Was just about to make a thread asking why Sony has been so quiet about this stuff???

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting how PS4 save data is segregated from PS5 save data.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I kind of wish I had an external drive for PS4 games now. Not that I'll have more than 2 PS5 games on the system for a while, but I have realized there are a bunch of PS4 games that I own that I never got around to playing.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Wow....This is actually amazing....

EmE64yIX0AUpwZt

the_fastbuck

Oct 28, 2017
i'm wondering if i can use my rumble bass speaker which is installed under my chair for enhanced immersion. i'm using headphones and am looking forward to the 3d audio. for this i have to connect the headphones to my controller. for my rumble i also need to connect the spdif signal (with a hdmi converter) to my receiver which only feeds the .1 bass channel to the rumble speaker. looks like you have to chose one output in the audio settings on the ps5 - so either 3d audio or rumble bass...

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. "Adjust speaker position". Guess people can stop worrying about surround sound set-ups

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Glad to see the process is still just as easy as before. Also nice to see that the external from a PS4 can just plug into the PS5 and work. Wasn't worried but knowing it's just plug in and go is nice.

So you can play PS4 games directly off an external HDD/SSD, good to have confirmation.
Confirmation? This was already known from when Cerny's talking about the tech months ago.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Lotta cool stuff here. Nice to see they put the haptic stuff to weak if you use the controller mic.

But please let me turn the lights off...

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am still pissed off that they won't allow DS4 to be used on PS5 games for literally no reason. They are showing how you can turn off both Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers and then use exactly those two as excuse for making DS4 exclusive to PS4 games.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Will PS4 games on an external be able to use boost mode or will you have to slide them internally to get those benefits?