• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you want more first?

• An update that adds Quick Resume.

Votes: 223 23.7%
  • An update that adds VRR as well as 1440p output options.

Votes: 344 36.6%
  • Either or is fine.

Votes: 55 5.9%
  • Neither I want something else.

Votes: 318 33.8%

• Total voters

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I want to plug an external drive into my console and be able to use rest mode without worrying about bricking the console

I also want the system to break down what the 140GB of "Other" I have on my storage is

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Let's save the new features until after everything is stable. Some folks keep getting game crashes as well as the download error. there is also the mess with the store and cross play games like COD, AC or Spiderman. Something in the store currupts some folks' games and "forgets" thatthey have the ps5 version somehow. There is also the rest mode and external HDD issues,

Correct these things , Double check them .

Then worry about adding a new spot for friends to show up, or a faster quick resume.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game update history, it was a nice feature on PS4 and I hope they bring it back.

Also a shortcut to view trophies, they're buried at the moment and it took me a while to find them.

tomsawing

Jul 27, 2020
I'd like to be able to access the trophy list and party chat quickly and easily from the quick menu like you could on PS4. Party chat is confusing now for some reason and I can never get to trophies to be honest. I could figure it out, but it's faster to just open the app on my phone and look at them there, which I don't think should be the case.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Better library management for sure. Folders are fine but I would also love saved filters (having it default to just a messy library each time is bad) and the ability to hide demos, unplayable games, and disc-games. I'm on a digital edition, why in the hell is it showing me PS4 disc games from 2015?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Multiple drives for external storage would be nice.
Folders/equivalent
Cold storage options for PS5 games
Double-tap the PS button to go back into the game quickly. That's the biggest thing I've missed so far

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I want VRR and 1440p first but then Folders, and how about a Copy or Move file/game option for Network Transfer or even via external USB storage.

The XSX|S has this and it is great. I have poor internet and it is great that I can download a game to one Xbox console and then simply copy that game over to the second system while keeping a copy on the first Xbox. On my PS5 I it only offers Move. It is a simple matter to verify a license so I am not sure why this is not already possible.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
All jokes aside we actually need stability updates now. First time I booted the ps5 out of rest mode DS crashed and the PS5 UI was super sluggish and buddy until I restarted

gflo

Oct 27, 2017
jersey
The ability to use external storage as cold storage for PS5 games on top of it being stable to use for PS4 games.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I think I read/saw somewhere that Xbox has a feature that auto sends your captured clips to your phone so you can share them. Something along those lines. I would love that for my PS5. Being able to share captured clips to group chats on my phone without having to transfer them to my laptop and then phone would or having to put them on social media would be ace.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Stability/bug fixes should be the priority.

SSD expand ability should be as high if not higher priority than VRR.

VRR and ALLM would be nice since it should be compliant with those out of box.

Don't really need quick resume to be honest. Most of the time I am playing one game at a time and suspend/resume works great. If i am switching games the activity cards works great to getting into the game quickly.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I want them to fix the bugs and let me use an extent HDD safely.

And stop installing PS4 games when I insert the disc to verify the PS5 version.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
- setting for opting out of displaying SDR games in an HDR container
- VRR
- Dolby Vision
- working on stability (freezes in Demon's Souls e.g)
- game base needs an overhaul
- do the magic trick to get rid of the coil whine

Oct 27, 2017
I miss the "Hold PS button to bring up quick side menu" and quickly hit power off/rest mode like on the PS4.

Also wish there was a faster way to get to the media library and the trophy list.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Stability over everything else right now.

Beyond that, my display is HDMI 2.0, so VRR does nothing for me. I'd like for them to figure out the party stuff so that it's fewer clicks to leave parties.

I also think you should be able to view shared screens in the mobile PS app.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Fix whatever is making them lock up!!

Then stop the disk drive spinning up every hour!

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
- Quick Resume
- VRR Support
- 40 and 48 Gbit HDMI 2.1 Unlock
- Folder Function
- Activity Feed
- Move PS5 Games to USB HDD for Archivation

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I want to be able to not have my mic broadcast when I stream to Twitch

Why should I have to mute entirely just to not broadcast my voice? The PS4 can do it and they clearly can mute other people in my party

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I think I read/saw somewhere that Xbox has a feature that auto sends your captured clips to your phone so you can share them. Something along those lines. I would love that for my PS5. Being able to share captured clips to group chats on my phone without having to transfer them to my laptop and then phone would or having to put them on social media would be ace.
Here's a tip I've been doing for a few years now. Create a dummy psn account, and on your main account, message whatever screenshots to the dummy account. Then you'll be able to check your messages on the playstation app and download everything to your phone.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
VRR + ALLM would be towards the top of my list.

I actually would want some of that sweet "stability and performance" the most right now. It would also be nice to have the internal storage expansion available too.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to view all of your trophies and not just the per game list? I have not been able to figure that out yet and it feels like a glaring omission

I think the top priority though should be allowing cold storage on an external and getting SSDs certified for internal expansion.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
  1. Cold storage for PS5 games on external drives. This is a must. Not everyone has Gigabit internet!
  2. An option to reverse PS button functionality, so that one press takes you home and hold brings up quick settings.
  3. Seamlessly integrate cloud saves with games. Unreal that functionality hasn't changed since the PS3 era.
  4. Instant cloud saves syncing, like on Xbox. None of this "overnight syncing" bullshit. It's a paid service!
  5. The sorting option when browsing your games library should stick when changed. It always defaults to "last used". If I select to sort A-Z, it should stay that way.
  6. Folders, FFS
  7. We need to be able to "pin" apps or games on the home screen.

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
As much as we joked about it on PS4 - right now, stability. There are some serious bugs that need addressing.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from the fix of system breaking bugs, i want them to put the system on par with the ps4:

- Folders.
- Library management: let me hide whatever i want, so i can get rid of demos, etc.
- Ability to copy ps5 games / saves to external hdd.
- Overhaul to the trophies section for it to be more readable, because right now it is a mess.

And:
- Ability to record in 4k for those with a 1080p monitor/tv.
- VRR

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017

This was my big one, with over 300+ games on my external I need folders badly.
That is until I used the ps5. I don't think we are getting folders. Where would they go? Certainly not on the main games page. They clearly want that open and not cluttered. In the library? I guess folders in the library might work. But I think just better sorting options and the ps5 remembering how you sorted it would work just as well.

I voted for other. My main issue right now is how many button presses it takes to do literally everything. It should be less than ps4 for everything, not more.