• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Tried turning my Ps5 on today and nothing happened. No blue lights, no beeping.
-I've tried to power cycle it. Nothing.
-I've tried inserting a disc per a recommendation on some site. Nothing.
-Tried connecting the dualsense to it and turning it on via the home button. Nothing.
-Tried another outlet. Nothing.
-Tried another AC cord (one from the ps4). Nothing.

At my wits end. I'm now on hold with Sony support for the foreseeable future.

might be busted psu, if there is zero sign of life.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
My DualSense is causing nightmares in FPSes.

The right stick is experiencing something I wouldn't quite classify as drift, so much as spasmodic sensitivity. Unless the game I'm playing has no deadzones whatsoever, the camera generally stays still when I'm not touching the stick. However, if I make even the most delicate motions to the left or right, it jumps. Sometimes in the wrong direction. I can tap the top of the stick gently and the camera jerks around. It functions like an inverse aim assist, where the more precisely I try to aim, the more the camera tries to buck me.

Anyone else have an issue like this? Is my best bet probably getting it replaced?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Does Warzone have an HDR problem?

Let me explain my situation a bit. I was using ps4pro for warzone while owning a ps5 to save on SSD ps5 space. Last night i decided to download warzone on my ps5, i downloaded it with the compatability patches and also the high texture pack 3 for warzone. All good,

But then I turned it on, the ps5 is always on auto HDR right, everything on my LG Tv for ps5 is HDR due to the auto mode. But when i booted up warzone, the tv tried to change to HDR again, input went out, and it went from HDR on to HDR on ( i know this doesnt make sense). No matter what i change in the COD HDR settings, it looks washed out.

I cannot figure out why the HDR on ps5 isnt more seamless or streamlined. Idk what to do now. I feel like my tv will break constantly switching to HDR. The ps5 was auto HDR i thought.. why cant the warzone app just continue through that without making changes? No matter what settings i changed in the brightness HDR settings in COD, nothing changed. I dont even know how to describe the problem correctly, it is mind boggling.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
My DualSense is causing nightmares in FPSes.

The right stick is experiencing something I wouldn't quite classify as drift, so much as spasmodic sensitivity. Unless the game I'm playing has no deadzones whatsoever, the camera generally stays still when I'm not touching the stick. However, if I make even the most delicate motions to the left or right, it jumps. Sometimes in the wrong direction. I can tap the top of the stick gently and the camera jerks around. It functions like an inverse aim assist, where the more precisely I try to aim, the more the camera tries to buck me.

Anyone else have an issue like this? Is my best bet probably getting it replaced?
Get it replaced.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Last few days my controllers won't connect when coming out of rest mode. Media remote won't connect either. Dualsense just flashes trying to connect and then gives up. I have to restart the console to get them working again.
Works ok coming out of a full shutdown, but somethings up with rest mode.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Was lucky to have a trouble free PS5 since launch but recently my console keeps shutting off at random times while playing. Happening with FF7R intergrade and Bugsnax.
The power completely shuts off without any warning after an hour or two of play (can be longer sometimes). I unplug the power chord and replug it and the console can boot again but it's quite scary. Also the console is well ventilated and often dusted off.

I probably will have to send it to repair but just wanted to know if it happened to people here and somehow got it fixed.

Denito

Dec 30, 2020
Does anybody else sometimes experience the issue where you get an error stating that "there's a conflict between your saved data in console storage and cloud storage. Select which saved data you want to use, or disable auto-sync" but both, the console and cloud save data seem to be identically in both file size and date?
It happened to me 1-2 times with DMC5SE and now I woke up to the same error with Guilty Gear Strive. When this happens I disable auto-sync for a moment, start the game to check if the save data is intact (up until now it always has been) and afterwards enable auto-sync again and choose the console data when the error message pops up again but I still find the error itself strange.
I know that I turned off the console last night soon after closing the game and that the data sync for PS5 games happens almost immediately after closing the game so maybe this error occurs when turning off the console while the save data is being synced?
Would love to know if anyone else experienced the same issue or has a solution/idea.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Does anybody else sometimes experience the issue where you get an error stating that "there's a conflict between your saved data in console storage and cloud storage. Select which saved data you want to use, or disable auto-sync" but both, the console and cloud save data seem to be identically in both file size and date?
It happened to me 1-2 times with DMC5SE and now I woke up to the same error with Guilty Gear Strive. When this happens I disable auto-sync for a moment, start the game to check if the save data is intact (up until now it always has been) and afterwards enable auto-sync again and choose the console data when the error message pops up again but I still find the error itself strange.
I know that I turned off the console last night soon after closing the game and that the data sync for PS5 games happens almost immediately after closing the game so maybe this error occurs when turning off the console while the save data is being synced?
Would love to know if anyone else experienced the same issue or has a solution/idea.

I've had it happen a handful of times. Seems like a false positive. I thought it was because I have 2 PS5s. In my experience you don't need to touch autosync. Just accept your local save when it prompts you and keep going.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's been about 20 days since my PS5 wouldn't turn on. After being on hold for 2 hours I got Sony to send out a repair box for me to send the console in. That took longer than expected, but it finally arrived and I was able to ship it off that same day. However, now it's just sitting somewhere (presumably at their repair office). Fedex says the package was delivered, but their support ticket doesn't show the package as being received yet. Been that way for a week now. Tried contacting their support number this morning to check on the status and was met with a "due to call volumes, we're unable to take any additional calls right now. Goodbye!"

Whole thing has been angering.

namerson23

Nov 6, 2017
Every time I boot up my PS5 from rest mode, it always pops up the "A problem occurred in the system software the last time your PS5 was used" with the error code CE-108262-9. As far as I can tell, the game I'm running before putting the console in rest mode is still running fine despite the error when booted up. So it's not really been a problem, just annoying to have to go through the process of "Report Problem" every time I boot up the console.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Well, it's been about 20 days since my PS5 wouldn't turn on. After being on hold for 2 hours I got Sony to send out a repair box for me to send the console in. That took longer than expected, but it finally arrived and I was able to ship it off that same day. However, now it's just sitting somewhere (presumably at their repair office). Fedex says the package was delivered, but their support ticket doesn't show the package as being received yet. Been that way for a week now. Tried contacting their support number this morning to check on the status and was met with a "due to call volumes, we're unable to take any additional calls right now. Goodbye!"

Sorry to hear that! And I remember hearing earlier in the year that People were able to get quick turnaround on replacements. Hoping yours gets to you asap.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017

I've been having the same issue with their site updating the status of repair in the UK despite the courier stating that it had been delivered. I managed to get through to support and they confirmed it had been received and to wait 10-15 days from the delivery date. Also that they had been getting many similar calls about the site not updating.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I love it when I got into the My Collection screen, click on download on a PS4 game and the console just completely shutdown without warning....
I guess USB drive support is still kinda busted huh?

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Getting an error installing the day one Deathloop update..
Can't delete or resume it either!

CE-107857-8

Have tried everything save reseting my PS5, will lose all my saves and gf saves on her profile if I do?

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Took a little over a month, but my (or at least a) PS5 returned to me. Hard to tell if it's the same console, but it definitely didn't have my data on it. Luckily I wasn't in the middle of anything and PSN has all my purchases backed up.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Going into rest mode mid game, getting error CE 112839-4, any idea how to fix?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Playing deathloop tonight and my controls kept screwing up really weird. My headset disconnected and my DualShocks also . They would not turn back on. I had to do a hard reset. After doing that, it kept happening. My new iPhone 13 was next to me so I decided to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and the Ps5 has been fine. Was it interfering? Coincidence?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So I have this issue with PS4 savegames, and have had it for a long time.... There seems to be something wrong on the back-end but I am unsure if there is something anything I can do.

• Basically none of my PS4 savegames get uploaded
  • I get the Error CE-107235-8
    • which as best as I can tell is telling me I have too many (as in number of items as opposed to amounts of data) in my cloud...
  • But I really don't, in terms of space I am barely using any and I have prunded the stored stuff so often to cut it down, I really doubt it's an actual limit that I am hitting
  • At one point I even completely wiped it and quickly got the same error again...
Anyone got any ideas what I can do about it?

hWOM3Yw.png

4k8KEeP.png

BDuMbfg.png

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the whole "having a PS4 Disk inserted starts the PS4 install all the time" fixed already?

Why is it still happening? I bought the PS4 Disk Version of Back 4 Blood and downloaded the PS5 version. No problems so far. But now every time i boot my PS5 the game disk starts installing the PS4 version.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wasn't the whole "having a PS4 Disk inserted starts the PS4 install all the time" fixed already?

Why is it still happening? I bought the PS4 Disk Version of Back 4 Blood and downloaded the PS5 version. No problems so far. But now every time i boot my PS5 the game disk starts installing the PS4 version.
I thought it was fixed too but it happened to me when I played Tales of Arise. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until 40 hours into the game after the last system update where it now states if your game is a PS4 or PS5 disc. I was wondering why everything didn't look as sharp as it should. And there's no way to transfer my save data either since the game doesn't have that feature yet.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
So I have this issue with PS4 savegames, and have had it for a long time.... There seems to be something wrong on the back-end but I am unsure if there is something anything I can do.

• Basically none of my PS4 savegames get uploaded
  • I get the Error CE-107235-8
    • which as best as I can tell is telling me I have too many (as in number of items as opposed to amounts of data) in my cloud...
  • But I really don't, in terms of space I am barely using any and I have prunded the stored stuff so often to cut it down, I really doubt it's an actual limit that I am hitting
  • At one point I even completely wiped it and quickly got the same error again...
Anyone got any ideas what I can do about it?

hWOM3Yw.png

4k8KEeP.png

BDuMbfg.png
There is a limit of save files that you can store on the cloud, if you delete some files stored there, it'll work again.

It's practically impossível to use the space available in terms of size because of this restriction.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
There is a limit of save files that you can store on the cloud, if you delete some files stored there, it'll work again.

It's practically impossível to use the space available in terms of size because of this restriction.
Ugh, I would swear I have fewer than 1000 items there though... Oh well. Hoepfully it doesn't continue to happen with PS5 games...

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

I thought it was fixed too but it happened to me when I played Tales of Arise. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until 40 hours into the game after the last system update where it now states if your game is a PS4 or PS5 disc. I was wondering why everything didn't look as sharp as it should. And there's no way to transfer my save data either since the game doesn't have that feature yet.

From my experience after they patched it, this now only happens when you have the PS4 disc inside and for some reason
you loose, even for a moment your internet connection and the console become offine.
If that happens then it will start installing the PS4 version again.
Do you maybe have a Wifi connection instead of using ethernet?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I don't suppose you've played Death Stranding? Apparently that's been the cause of many folks hitting that limit.
Yea, there's been a handful of games that abuse the numbers. Quite a few from the PS4 era, I had to go in and manually delete some that had nearly 100 files! It was years ago, so I don't remember which sadly.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Ugh, I would swear I have fewer than 1000 items there though... Oh well. Hoepfully it doesn't continue to happen with PS5 games...
PS5 seems to use a new system where a title allocates a single container, and the game manages individual save slots inside that container. So it's only one file per title.

Some PS3/4 games were creating a new save container for every manual or automatic save point, and those exploded the number of files.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From my experience after they patched it, this now only happens when you have the PS4 disc inside and for some reason
you loose, even for a moment your internet connection and the console become offine.

I'm using a cable but interestingly the console does go offline from time to time for a few seconds.

But i can't say that i've seen it happen this week. I play with my friends one evening, start the system the next day and it starts installing the ps4 version again.

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before. My PS5 hums (low purring sound) all the time since I removed the plates to clean the dust pockets… should I be worried? It was virtually silent before.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
PS5 seems to use a new system where a title allocates a single container, and the game manages individual save slots inside that container. So it's only one file per title.

Some PS3/4 games were creating a new save container for every manual or automatic save point, and those exploded the number of files.
It actuality sucks because some games like Village don't let you delete individual saves so I have over 650mbs of save data for that game.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Sorry if this has been asked before. My PS5 hums (low purring sound) all the time since I removed the plates to clean the dust pockets… should I be worried? It was virtually silent before.
Could just be vibration. Mine did that on my oak TV stand. Put a mouse mat under the stand and I haven't heard it since other than the disk drive.

Make sure the plates are in securely too

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Could just be vibration. Mine did that on my oak TV stand. Put a mouse mat under the stand and I haven't heard it since other than the disk drive.

Make sure the plates are in securely too
Sounds like the plates may not be in securely. That's what one mine did after I took it off. Pushed it in firmer and stopped vibrating.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've been using Ethernet the entire time but there have been a couple of times where my power went out, so it could've been from that.

But when I initially inserted the PS4 disc, I made sure it only downloaded the PS5 version and not install the PS4 version. Eh, either way, it's too late now.

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
So...I thought I might as well post here to see if anyone else has anymore solutions while I try other things.

I usually avoid rest mode since I've had problems in the past with PS4 and PS5. All seemed fine yesterday as I turned on the system to download a game then decided to put it into rest mode to finish the download as i went about my day.

Well this morning I went to turn on the console from Rest Mode and it booted fine, but with a black screen on my TV. The strange thing is that the HDR notification on my LG CX displays on the screen after it is booted, so that is kind of telling me that there is still a signal going to my TV.

Secondly to try and fix whatever the problem was I attempted to boot the PS5 in safe mode...but waiting for the second beep isn't even having safe mode display on screen, just blank screen.

Right now I have it completely powered down and took the power cable out and letting it sit for 20 mins. Just wanted to get some information from people here if they had similar problems while I wait.

My next step is plugging in a controller and trying to boot safe mode.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
About once a week, my PS5 fails to wake up from sleep mode. I have to turn it off and then I get the whole "YOU DIDNT TURN OFF YOUR PS5 CORRECTLY" warning. Usually it's no big deal because I mostly play Genshin but I'm sure there are games that this would be a huge PITA for. Anyone know why this happens? Is it happening to anyone else?

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
About once a week, my PS5 fails to wake up from sleep mode. I have to turn it off and then I get the whole "YOU DIDNT TURN OFF YOUR PS5 CORRECTLY" warning. Usually it's no big deal because I mostly play Genshin but I'm sure there are games that this would be a huge PITA for. Anyone know why this happens? Is it happening to anyone else?
When going to rest mode, do you get a green screen that flashes on the TV, then the ps5 shuts off with no orange light on the console? If so, that was a hardware fault for me and I had to send it in for repair.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
When going to rest mode, do you get a green screen that flashes on the TV, then the ps5 shuts off with no orange light on the console? If so, that was a hardware fault for me and I had to send it in for repair.
I do not. When going into rest mode it seems like everything works completely as it should. It just simply sometimes doesn't seem to be able to wake back up.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
So...I thought I might as well post here to see if anyone else has anymore solutions while I try other things.

I usually avoid rest mode since I've had problems in the past with PS4 and PS5. All seemed fine yesterday as I turned on the system to download a game then decided to put it into rest mode to finish the download as i went about my day.

Well this morning I went to turn on the console from Rest Mode and it booted fine, but with a black screen on my TV. The strange thing is that the HDR notification on my LG CX displays on the screen after it is booted, so that is kind of telling me that there is still a signal going to my TV.

Secondly to try and fix whatever the problem was I attempted to boot the PS5 in safe mode...but waiting for the second beep isn't even having safe mode display on screen, just blank screen.

Right now I have it completely powered down and took the power cable out and letting it sit for 20 mins. Just wanted to get some information from people here if they had similar problems while I wait.

My next step is plugging in a controller and trying to boot safe mode.

Try completely unplugging the power on the CX too, pretty sure that happened to mine and I had to switch off at the wall for 10 minutes