• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Anyone had a weird issue where the "Gameplay recording stopped because you entered a blocked scene" pops up at random immediately before it resumes recording again?

only seemed to happen for me since I first streamed to twitch from the console.
That will happen on certain games even when not streaming. Like starting Apex Legends and it stops as soon as it loads.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
That will happen on certain games even when not streaming. Like starting Apex Legends and it stops as soon as it loads.

What I'm seeing isn't the intended behaviour, it's happening at random. I could have a game paused, or be in the middle of some level doing nothing and it will suddenly say "recording stopped because you entered a blocked scene" then "recording resumed" less than a second apart. The stop-start happens so fast both notifications are on screen at once, taking up a large part of the screen.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
I've had to reformat my ps5 now for the third time because it stops seeing ps4 games on my external drive and its beginning to piss me off.

Basically it says they are installed, but doesn't allow me to play them ( they are grayed out) and I can't delete them from system because they are no longer showing there so there is literally nothing I can do. No option to play, no option anywhere to delete, no option to redownload because the ps5 thinks they are installed. Twice this has happened now.

I just had this same issue. And it popped up because a game i deleted in the external drive had remnants on the home screen that was bothering me. I read that rebuilding database was one way to remove it. It removed it, but this problem came up.

rebuilding database messed up something in my external drive that's been flawless since launch where two games i had installed were just greyed out like you said. Only two games out of the 7 i have installed were greyed out.

i was able to fix it by plugging the external back onto the ps4 where it recognized the drive. It allowed me to delete it there, and i redownloaded it from my ps4 onto the external.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
I just had this same issue. And it popped up because a game i deleted in the external drive had remnants on the home screen that was bothering me. I read that rebuilding database was one way to remove it. It removed it, but this problem came up.

rebuilding database messed up something in my external drive that's been flawless since launch where two games i had installed were just greyed out like you said. Only two games out of the 7 i have installed were greyed out.

i was able to fix it by plugging the external back onto the ps4 where it recognized the drive. It allowed me to delete it there, and i redownloaded it from my ps4 onto the external.

To me it seems related to moving games back and forth between external and internal ssd. I've read if you leave your ps4 games on external and don't move them about then it doesn't happen. And so far for me, this has been fine.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I have two PS5 consoles. One with a disc (PE), one without (DE).

The PS5 PE constantly tells me a LAN cable has been connected, my DE never says this. Both are in the same house on the same network, with identical settings - other than one is Prime (or whatever it is called). This is an annoyance - nothing more but irritating.

My other problem is that both PS5 consoles will download the PS4 version of a game automatically instead of the PS5 version. Today I caught my PS5 PE pre-loading the PS4 version of Hitman 3. I bought the PS5 version on my PS5. I have very slow rural internet - I cannot be wasting time on the PS4 version. Why does this happen? And how do I keep it from happening?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
What I'm seeing isn't the intended behaviour, it's happening at random. I could have a game paused, or be in the middle of some level doing nothing and it will suddenly say "recording stopped because you entered a blocked scene" then "recording resumed" less than a second apart. The stop-start happens so fast both notifications are on screen at once, taking up a large part of the screen.
Ah my bad. That is definitely weird then.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
To me it seems related to moving games back and forth between external and internal ssd. I've read if you leave your ps4 games on external and don't move them about then it doesn't happen. And so far for me, this has been fine.

I actually don't move games between the external and main ssd. There's a glitch in the OS where sometimes you delete a game, the remnants of it will stay on your home screen. There's two ways to get rid of it and one is to start reinstalling the game, then cancel and delete it, or rebuild database.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
So I was downloading Hitman 1 and 2 with all the DLC yesterday. But 26 items will not download/install...
The error message is not particularly helpful.

Based on a quick online search I have already rebuilt the database which made no difference.
Also I have plenty of storage space both internally and externally (I believe it installs externally for PS4 games by default, right?)

Any ideas?
Help me Era, you're my only hope.

rFK4CUL.png

pUkz8NI.png
I had this Issue with Tekken 7 at one point, I had to uninstall game and reinstall.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I have LPCM selected in audio, connected to AVR. However when I play a movie from the Apple TV app it still stays on PCM and doesn't change to DD.
I thought it would automatically.

Do I have to manually change it to bitstream?

Last edited:

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
anyone had a problem with party chat?
i was playing fifa 21 with my friends(they are in ps4) and they says they heard an echo in the voice chat all the time

i can hear them well, but they hear the echo everytime someone talks
the only partial solution i found was to turned down the sensibility of the mic but that causes that my voice is barely heard.

Aparently the controller is It is picking up the sound of the headphone's microphone (3.5 jack) and at the same time that of the controller's speaker

EDIT: you can't download multiple games/update at the same time?!
what the hell? thats lazy

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
So are we ever getting a patch for the random disc reading or what? I'm baffled that it hasn't been fixed yet. What a pain in the ass.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Today I caught my PS5 PE pre-loading the PS4 version of Hitman 3. I bought the PS5 version on my PS5. I have very slow rural internet - I cannot be wasting time on the PS4 version. Why does this happen?
Hitman 3 supports PSVR.

You can play it on a PSVR using your PS5, but PSVR games are PS4 games and run through BC.

So if you want to play Hitman 3 in PSVR on your PS5, then you need the PS4 version on your PS5, alongside the PS5 version. That means that Hitman 3 is one of the few cross-gen games on PS5 that actually has an excuse for downloading the PS4 version lol.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
Today, my DualSense decided that pressing its PS button would only turn it on and off rather than bring up the Control Center.

Also, the 'Option' button only works to open a function menu from a game tile on the main menu about 30% of the time. The 70% of the time that I don't get the menu, I also don't get a 'Play' button on the game page under the tile, either. I'm getting to the point that I would pay some good money for a UI with functions that are simply consistent and always present.

Last edited:

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I have two issues but I'm not sure if they are game specific or system related. I have the PS5 disk version, and both of the games I'm having problems with (Dirt 5 and Demon's Souls) are disc verisons (although Dirt 5 is the PS4 disc with PS5 game version downloaded).

For Dirt, when I load up the game, none of the rendered area (ie. car/track) shows, it is just black with flickering white flashes around the outside. The HUD, menus and audio works as does the controller doing something to the car, but I can't see anything. With Demons's Souls, the game freezes every time I launch it within 5 minutes of playing. I can hear the audio but the nothing else works and I eventually need to manually close the game (which then triggers a game crash error report).

For both games, I have deleted and reinstalled them as well as tried a bunch of combinations of video transfer rates (-1 & -2) as well as trying without and without HDR but nothing has worked thus far. Outside of doing a factory reset and starting again from scratch, is there anything else to try or are these known issues?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Hitman 3 supports PSVR.

You can play it on a PSVR using your PS5, but PSVR games are PS4 games and run through BC.

So if you want to play Hitman 3 in PSVR on your PS5, then you need the PS4 version on your PS5, alongside the PS5 version. That means that Hitman 3 is one of the few cross-gen games on PS5 that actually has an excuse for downloading the PS4 version lol.
My one PS5 just started to download the PS4 and the PS5 version of Control. And I 100% triggered the PS5 version to download. I thought Smart Delivery was a dumb feature set when Microsoft announced it for the Xbox Series consoles. Turns out Sony could also copy this "feature".

My second PS5 only downloaded the PS5 version. Same settings, same network, same account. No idea why one console continues to try to download the PS4 version of games when the PS5 version is available and is currently downloading.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
My one PS5 just started to download the PS4 and the PS5 version of Control. And I 100% triggered the PS5 version to download. I thought Smart Delivery was a dumb feature set when Microsoft announced it for the Xbox Series consoles. Turns out Sony could also copy this "feature".

My second PS5 only downloaded the PS5 version. Same settings, same network, same account. No idea why one console continues to try to download the PS4 version of games when the PS5 version is available and is currently downloading.
How do you download the PS5 version of control as it's downloading wrong for me to?

It maybe downloading the correct version just confused as Control is in the queue twice.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
SnoopZ My PS5 was downloading both versions (in the queue) so I simply stopped the PS4 version and cancelled it. In the Playstation store, there are now two different Control Ultimate Edition icons. One with just the game name and the PS4 logo. The second Control Ultimate Edition Icon now has PS4/PS5 logos on it. Click through on this one and tell it to install it. Once the download starts you may need to verify which is downloading but both versions should now be in your PS5 download queue.

This is a ridiculously silly issue. How hard can it be to fix?

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
SnoopZ My PS5 was downloading both versions (in the queue) so I simply stopped the PS4 version and cancelled it. In the Playstation store, there are now two different Control Ultimate Edition icons. One with just the game name and the PS4 logo. The second Control Ultimate Edition Icon now has PS4/PS5 logos on it. Click through on this one and tell it to install it. Once the download starts you may need to verify which is downloading but both versions should now be in your PS5 download queue.

This is a ridiculously silly issue. How hard can it be to fix?
Thanks will give it a go when internet comes back as just lost house power while downloading, hopefully this won't cause the PS5 to go tits up!

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
The wifi/Internet issues with this thing are finally starting to get on my nerves. Sure I had the DNS/Internet shutdown issues but now randomly I'm getting latency/lag spikes after being fine for the first couple months. Looked it up and sure enough others are complaining about this issue randomly popping up recently.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

My PS5 only downloaded the PS5 version I told it to. Not sure why others are having problems, maybe it's tied to the different PlayStation Stores? I'm using the Australian one with no problems. When I tell it to download the PS5 version it downloads the PS5 version.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My console refuses to connect to PSN for some reason. I even just went out and purchased a LAN cable, and while I'm connected to the internet proper, it keeps giving me PSN failed to sign-in. I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do. I was just playing last night with no issues.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
My console refuses to connect to PSN for some reason. I even just went out and purchased a LAN cable, and while I'm connected to the internet proper, it keeps giving me PSN failed to sign-in. I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do. I was just playing last night with no issues.
Can you log into your PSN account using a device other than your PS5 right now (phone app, web site, etc.)?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yep, tried the app on my phone and the actual website in Safari. Had no issues.
In that case I'd try resetting your router, and contacting your ISP to find out if they've changed anything. You should also put your PS5 in your router's DMZ to rule out a port issue on your router.

Obviously your PS5 needs to be on the latest firmware too, so if you don't normally play online games then do a system software update check.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
The wifi/Internet issues with this thing are finally starting to get on my nerves. Sure I had the DNS/Internet shutdown issues but now randomly I'm getting latency/lag spikes after being fine for the first couple months. Looked it up and sure enough others are complaining about this issue randomly popping up recently.

Not an elegant solution, but a WiFi extender with Ethernet port to connect directly to PS5 may help.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Not an elegant solution, but a WiFi extender with Ethernet port to connect directly to PS5 may help.
This could work but it won't totally fix the issue when Sony broke it with the last update. Pretty annoying with the amount of people telling them about this and them not fixing it in a timely manner when one of the consoles is Digital.

Dental Plan

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone experienced the PS VR camera not working on PS5? I got the adapter.

I tried to hook it up to the ps5 and it said the camera wasn't connected. I hooked up the camera to my laptop to see if it connected and it did but then disconnected. I kept trying to connect it to my laptop then all of a sudden it did no disconnect from the laptop. I then took it out of the laptop, plugged it into the PS5, reset the PS5 and now the camera is working.

I've had to do this twice so far. Its really strange.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I recently de-installed Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, but I cannot get rid of these weird placeholder icons at the front of my XMB...?
EtKw2pDW4AEmQ79

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
I recently de-installed Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, but I cannot get rid of these weird placeholder icons at the front of my XMB...?
EtKw2pDW4AEmQ79
I have the same issue with different games. Hopefully there is a reliable solution to it.

Not exactly a bug, but is there a way to stream to twitch while in party chat without any of the party chat being included in the stream? I get the prompt asking if I want to include the party audio and even when I choose not to my microphone output would still be on the stream.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Anyone else play FFVII Remake on PS5? I'm loving it so far, but manually saving the game seems to completely freeze my console under certain circumstances.

It seems like it might happen if I save too close to when the game auto-saved, but I'm not 100% certain. Has anyone else run into this issue? It's the only game that's required me to do a hard restart with the power button.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have issues with the screen going black then coming back on a couple seconds later?

It doesn't happen all the time I could play for three or four hours and it won't happen once but then I could play for an hour it could happen twice. It looks exactly like when you either switch the HDR on or off the screen goes black then switches back on a second.

I assume it's a handshake issue but it happens with my Samsung TV and my TCL tv. It just started happening over the past few weeks.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Anyone have issues with the screen going black then coming back on a couple seconds later?

It doesn't happen all the time I could play for three or four hours and it won't happen once but then I could play for an hour it could happen twice. It looks exactly like when you either switch the HDR on or off the screen goes black then switches back on a second.

I assume it's a handshake issue but it happens with my Samsung TV and my TCL tv. It just started happening over the past few weeks.
There should be an option in video settings to avoid the handshake, something related to hdmi, can't remember more.

In 4k video transfer rate set it to -1 or -2
Watch 3.18

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I had a couple updates pop up as "can't download" and/or "can't install" despite having plenty of space/trying a few times. Reading up on it a bit the only suggestions I've seen is deleting/reinstalling or rebuilding database. I did rebuild the data base but the app (Disney+) isn't in my list of apps to delete and when I go to try and download/open it again it only gives me an error message. Any suggestions?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Are you using the supplied HDMI cable? Happens to me when my mini fridge turns on and using cheap HDMI cables lol

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah i've tried everything I could think of. Reinstalling with/without latest patch, rebuilding database, factory resetting the ps5. Nothing works... made a report to Sony but they haven't replied yet.
Did you ever resolve this (ce-108255-1 from Demon's Souls)? I have this exact issue and nothing I have tried from the troubleshooting tips has made a difference.

The only other game that I have a problem with is Dirt 5 which shows artifacts for any particle effects before showing a complete black screen (other than the HUD). I'm leaning towards it being a hardware issue due to this, but strange that I cannot replicate it on any other games while Dirt shows it every time immediately.

Sometimes I get black squares over dust particles like this:
PWV7280.jpg

But mostly I get an almost completely black screen like this:
uuotSYv.jpg

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I've got a 5.1.4 setup. When I set the audio to Linear PCM on both my TV and PS5 it seems like there are channels missing as some dialog/attack sounds are either incredibly faint or completely missing. Any ideas? The soundbar is connected to TV via EARC, and then PS5 is connected to LG CX.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
Has anyone figured out a solution for a PS5 automatically rebuilding its database every second or third time it's turned on, despite the external drive never being disconnected?

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
I have one PSN account that's linked to my Final Fantasy XIV account, and a main account that I use for everything else. For some reason, every time I exit FFXIV, and switch over to my main account, I get a notification on the PS5 UI that flashes multiple times in succession that there's game data being downloaded for FFXIV but nothing appears to actually be downloading when I check the download tab.

Anyone know why this is happening or experience this yourself?

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Not sure if this is the right/best thread but I've been meaning to ask. Is that little "ch-glik " sound the DualSense makes… normal? I get it in various instances. One of the most prominent is when you'd hover over something on the "binocular" scanning in Immortals/Fenyx.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right/best thread but I've been meaning to ask. Is that little "ch-glik " sound the DualSense makes… normal? I get it in various instances. One of the most prominent is when you'd hover over something on the "binocular" scanning in Immortals/Fenyx.

It's the motors of the haptic triggers engaging and disengaging, and it's completely normal. Happens in a lot of games when you pause or get into a cutscene.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a 5.1.4 setup. When I set the audio to Linear PCM on both my TV and PS5 it seems like there are channels missing as some dialog/attack sounds are either incredibly faint or completely missing. Any ideas? The soundbar is connected to TV via EARC, and then PS5 is connected to LG CX.
I don't think your TV supports passthrough of LPCM 5.1 through eARC (it downmixes to stereo) so you'd have to change the PS5 setting to do bitstream.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so Bitstream Dolby is going to be my best option?
Yes or you could get an HDMI audio extractor device if you'd prefer uncompressed audio going to the soundbar. 4K extractors are around $50 but again it depends on how much of an audiophile you are.

edit: oddly enough it looks like all the extractors on the market just split the audio off into compressed formats like optical so that may not be an option

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone figured out a solution for a PS5 automatically rebuilding its database every second or third time it's turned on, despite the external drive never being disconnected?
Turned on from Off or turned on from Rest Mode? Don't use Rest Mode. And yeah, yeah, a bunch of people will say theirs is fine with Rest Mode, but a bunch of other people have their systems hard power down in Rest Mode, which is what's triggering the rebuild. Has nothing to do with the external drive.