• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Had a hard crash while putting it into rest mode again.. Also still getting the controller can't connect when turning on from Rest Mode bug.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I still can't play Demon's Souls at all šŸ˜­it would crash and get error ce-108255-1 as soon as the first cutscene after creating character. All my other Ps5 and PS4 games work perfectly fine
That looks like the software install glitch. Did you try deleting the game and reinstalling?
Hey, so I just got a PS5 today. Reading through the thread, seems like rest mode issues aren't ironed out yet and it's better to just power off and not even deal with all that junk to begin with?
Yeah, it looks like it's best to avoid rest mode just in case. Some never had any crashes and still use rest mode, but it might be a bug related to specific games, or some conditions we don't know.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
That looks like the software install glitch. Did you try deleting the game and reinstalling?
Yeah i've tried everything I could think of. Reinstalling with/without latest patch, rebuilding database, factory resetting the ps5. Nothing works... made a report to Sony but they haven't replied yet.

WelshBluebird

Jul 22, 2020
Yes I just started having this happen a few days ago except not from rest mode mine comes on from power off. My suspicion is it's related to the media remote because on the login screen it always shows the media remote connected when it does this. Right now i've got the batteries out of the remote and i'm going to see how long it goes without randomly starting.

Yep - confirmed over the weekend it is the media remote by doing exactly what you mentioned with the batteries.
I've tried disconnecting and pairing it again with my PS5 and that doesn't seem to have an effect.
Going to have to have a thing of what to try next! Don't really want to go down the route of trying to get a refund / repair of the remote as I can see that being a right pain in the backside!

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Has anyone's physical PS5 game refused to load for no reason, being stuck on the startup screen?

That happened to me yesterday, when I was about to show Demon's Souls to some friends.
I noticed the disc didn't start spinning when launching it, for whatever reason, so it couldn't detect it obviously.
I had to close the game manually every time (you can do this on the startup screen, fortunately).

Rebooting the console didn't solve it, but the drive works fine; discs spin normally after being inserted, there was just an odd glitch where it didn't start spinning upon launching.

I solved it by inserting and installing another game (Dark Souls III) which loaded without issue, a DLC boss kicked my ass in glorious 60fps, then Demon's Souls launched fine as well after that, without even rebooting.

That's really weird but doesn't seem related either to the game's data or the disc drive, just some odd firmware bug I guess.

What's funny is that I plugged my PS3 again after many years just before that, to try the 2010 (EU) version of Demon's Soul, so my PS5 started being jealous and told me about it.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah i've tried everything I could think of. Reinstalling with/without latest patch, rebuilding database, factory resetting the ps5. Nothing works... made a report to Sony but they haven't replied yet.
Asking just in case... With the "factory reset" did you choose the one that asks for the firmware on a USB key, or the one that doesn't? I think only the one where you provide the firmware on a key will really format the SSD completely. And after the formatting is done, maybe disconnect the power cable to be sure it clears all caches.

It's crazy, there isn't much left that would cause the bug to persist. Maybe the backup/restore is restoring the broken data... maybe it's some bug caused by data coming from the network account, maybe the sync operation? a saved game? a download?

The most clean reset would be the following:
1. Power off, disconnect power cable 30 secs, disconnect network cable (if applicable)
2. Power on and execute the full wipe with the firmware on usb
3. Reinstall the game without ever connecting the network, skip the quick setup prompts completely, don't do the restore operation either

nath999

May 7, 2018
Anyone getting Sync errors with Miles Morales? I keep getting a notice that it cannot sync my save file?

I haven't even been playing it since November.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So I was downloading Hitman 1 and 2 with all the DLC yesterday. But 26 items will not download/install...
The error message is not particularly helpful.

Based on a quick online search I have already rebuilt the database which made no difference.
Also I have plenty of storage space both internally and externally (I believe it installs externally for PS4 games by default, right?)

Any ideas?
Help me Era, you're my only hope.

rFK4CUL.png

pUkz8NI.png

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Unsure if this belongs here, but it's PS5 related so here we go!

TLDR: If you're having issues with your PS5 Media Remote, simply replace the batteries. The pack-ins are no good.

Long version:
My official Sony PS5 Media Remote starting acting up yesterday. It would wake the PS5 just fine, but then nothing. No matter what button I pressed, it's like the remote didn't exist.

So I removed the Bluetooth device and tried to re-run the Media Remote set-up. No luck. It would either give me an error to "hook up the device via USB" or pretend like no devices were trying to pair. Weird, right?

Quick google search revealed a few dead ends and then I dug into a Reddit thread on it. Deep in the thread was someone claiming it simply needs fresh batteries. I mean, I've had it less than two months and it came with a pair of AAs. No way that could be it!

I'd already rebooted my PS5 multiple times, and took the provided AAs out and reseated them multiple times to no avail. I even found a tiny circle opening that looked like a "manual device reset" in the battery compartment in the hopes that would do something...no dice.

So, I popped in a fresh pair of Duracells and BAM, that solved it. Paired perfectly the first time, and has worked like a charm ever since.

Hope this story saves someone else the hassle I went through.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I don't use the media remote often enough for it to be a problem yet, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone's physical PS5 game refused to load for no reason, being stuck on the startup screen?

That happened to me yesterday, when I was about to show Demon's Souls to some friends.
I noticed the disc didn't start spinning when launching it, for whatever reason, so it couldn't detect it obviously.
I had to close the game manually every time (you can do this on the startup screen, fortunately).

Rebooting the console didn't solve it, but the drive works fine; discs spin normally after being inserted, there was just an odd glitch where it didn't start spinning upon launching.

I solved it by inserting and installing another game (Dark Souls III) which loaded without issue, a DLC boss kicked my ass in glorious 60fps, then Demon's Souls launched fine as well after that, without even rebooting.

That's really weird but doesn't seem related either to the game's data or the disc drive, just some odd firmware bug I guess.

What's funny is that I plugged my PS3 again after many years just before that, to try the 2010 (EU) version of Demon's Soul, so my PS5 started being jealous and told me about it.

My PS5 has been pretty smooth sailing since early December (incl. Demon's Souls to New Game + and Miles Morales), but I have experienced what you mention, the Demon's Souls 'stuck on startup splash screen' bug a few times usually requiring a system restart or booting another game. So I think this is just a bug of some kind. I hadn't thought if it could be related to disk drive check, possible, I too am using the disk version. Demon's Souls is the only title where this happens for me.

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone have any tips to stop disk games uninstalling themselves? DMCV SE uninstalls every time I close the game. It's a pain to have to download the patch and install from disk every time I want to play it. :(

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Does anyone have any tips to stop disk games uninstalling themselves? DMCV SE uninstalls every time I close the game. It's a pain to have to download the patch and install from disk every time I want to play it. :(

I had this issue when I press the 'copy' button on the PS5 Home Screen when inserting a disk.

If you just let it start the process by itself it shouldn't uninstall when you eject it.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
I've had to reformat my ps5 now for the third time because it stops seeing ps4 games on my external drive and its beginning to piss me off.

Basically it says they are installed, but doesn't allow me to play them ( they are grayed out) and I can't delete them from system because they are no longer showing there so there is literally nothing I can do. No option to play, no option anywhere to delete, no option to redownload because the ps5 thinks they are installed. Twice this has happened now.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I've had to reformat my ps5 now for the third time because it stops seeing ps4 games on my external drive and its beginning to piss me off.

Basically it says they are installed, but doesn't allow me to play them ( they are grayed out) and I can't delete them from system because they are no longer showing there so there is literally nothing I can do. No option to play, no option anywhere to delete, no option to redownload because the ps5 thinks they are installed. Twice this has happened now.
Maybe your model of external is the issue?

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
These upload errors for ps4 saves are driving me crazy. It seems to happen every time after using rest mode. 99+ errors and you can only delete them one by one.

Now I have permanent red exclamation mark on download icon in the command bar :(

Any advice?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
These upload errors for ps4 saves are driving me crazy. It seems to happen every time after using rest mode. 99+ errors and you can only delete them one by one.

Now I have permanent red exclamation mark on download icon in the command bar :(

Any advice?
Stop using rest mode until they iron out new ui bugs.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my ps5 arrives this friday (i hope xd)
there is any updated list of stuff i should worry about?

Jun 18, 2020
So I was downloading Hitman 1 and 2 with all the DLC yesterday. But 26 items will not download/install...
The error message is not particularly helpful.

Based on a quick online search I have already rebuilt the database which made no difference.
Also I have plenty of storage space both internally and externally (I believe it installs externally for PS4 games by default, right?)

Any ideas?
Help me Era, you're my only hope.

rFK4CUL.png

pUkz8NI.png
This looks like the same issue I've been having.

Might be a silly question, but did you check that you're still connected to the internet? Whenever I downloaded any files, my PS5's internet would just stop working at some point. It would say that it's still connected, but the Internet diagnostic would say "failed." I wouldn't be able to switch to any other networks.

I would have to forget the network, restart the PS5, and reconnect. Then I'd be able to resume the downloads from that download menu you have pictured.

I haven't downloaded anything in a while, so I'm not sure if this issue still occurs for me, but it was a huge pain to deal with.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Might be a silly question, but did you check that you're still connected to the internet? Whenever I downloaded any files, my PS5's internet would just stop working at some point. It would say that it's still connected, but the Internet diagnostic would say "failed." I wouldn't be able to switch to any other networks.

I would have to forget the network, restart the PS5, and reconnect. Then I'd be able to resume the downloads from that download menu you have pictured.

I haven't downloaded anything in a while, so I'm not sure if this issue still occurs for me, but it was a huge pain to deal with.
Weird, I'll keep an eye on it.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

I've noticed that my internet could be fine but if I go in and check the connection where it says "Connected to Internet" or w/e the second thing listed of the 3 is it'll sometimes say not connected and boot me offline. Some real weird issues with this system that need fixing fast.

Weird, I'll keep an eye on it.
So I had an issue like this where I had NHL 21 installed on the internal, then moved it to the external. A few days later it got an update and refused to install after downloading the entire thing. PS5 downloaded the wrong patch and tried to install it on internal. Had to delete the patch, toggle the download PS4 games to external off and on and force a redownload that fixed the issue.

I wonder if your PS5 thinks Hitman is on the internal? Have you tried deleting any of those and redownloading them? I'd try deleting the base Hitman 2 download, re-toggle the PS4 External thing.

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
I'm in contact with Sony support about an issue that appears in Spider-Man (PS4 version) and Miles Morales (PS5 version). Major graphical glitches appear, especially on UI elements. It's very tough to pinpoint what causes this, because it only appears in 2 games, but Insomniac thinks it isn't software related as they haven't seen this before. I've rebuilt the database and even reinstalled my entire PS5.

The people at Playstation Support are trying their best but clearly have no idea what to do with an issue that only appears in 2 games. Now told me they'd send my screenshot to the Playstation headquarters (in The Netherlands I presume). Does anyone here think this can be a hardware issue?

WCOIWU8.jpg

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
I'm in contact with Sony support about an issue that appears in Spider-Man (PS4 version) and Miles Morales (PS5 version). Major graphical glitches appear, especially on UI elements. It's very tough to pinpoint what causes this, because it only appears in 2 games, but Insomniac thinks it isn't software related as they haven't seen this before. I've rebuilt the database and even reinstalled my entire PS5.

The people at Playstation Support are trying their best but clearly have no idea what to do with an issue that only appears in 2 games. Now told me they'd send my screenshot to the Playstation headquarters (in The Netherlands I presume). Does anyone here think this can be a hardware issue?

WCOIWU8.jpg
That looks like a GPU issue to me, not an expert but happened in the past for me.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
How is this thing so buggy?! I just got mine and played Spider-Man Remastered last night for a few hours with no issues. Not even coil whine. Today however, my controller has frozen every 2 minutes! I finally decided to restart, and choose it from the menu only for the menu to freeze. Not the whole system, as I could see animations in the background, but just the power menu, forcing me to remove the cable. Great system other than these bugs. Hope they're fixed soon.

Edit; and it didn't keep my save progress from the last 30 minutes either wtf. the only thing I can think of is that I used rest mode last night. Guess I'll have to stop using that.

Last edited:

earlycuyler

Nov 4, 2019
I've been experiencing a lot of latency problems with my dualsense. Specifically in Cold War with the analog sticks. If I move, it will register what seems about two seconds later, and just feels completely off. It reminds me of stick drift, but not in the sense of the analog stick moving itself. It just doesn't register my movement at the same time I push the stick. It's been driving me crazy. I also experienced it while playing Cyberpunk.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

WCOIWU8.jpg

Has all the signs of a faulty GPU.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to add my experience to the discussion here. I've had my PS5 since launch day, zero issues, everything I played functioned perfectly (mix of PS4/5 games, no Spider-Man's though). I've been playing through Hollow Knight slowly for the past couple weeks and yesterday I got some time in an decided to use rest mode a couple times. Once again this morning I used it, came back and picked it back up and when I finished up decided to manually back up my cloud save and while in the system save menu it starts giving me errors and not letting me back up my save, go to power menu to reboot and the system freezes, eventually rebooting on its own after 20 seconds or so. Had to do a couple reboots to even get it to bring up the cloud save screen again rather than "please wait." Not touching rest mode until a definitive stability update addressing it. Hopefully things go back to working as it should.

tldr: system worked perfect for 2 months, a day into using rest mode it's fucking up. So if you have any doubt stay away from rest mode

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else's Netflix (on PS5) at way lower volume than games?

On my receiver, I can set the volume to like 45 for games. But then netflix is so quiet I have to do 65.

Not sure if this is just the way it is, or sound settings or even my receiver.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else's Netflix (on PS5) at way lower volume than games?

On my receiver, I can set the volume to like 45 for games. But then netflix is so quiet I have to do 65.

Not sure if this is just the way it is, or sound settings or even my receiver.
Different apps have never run at the same volume, on any hardware, not just PS5. Even on my Blu-ray player, Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube have different volumes. Disney and HBO have different volume settings on PS5. I'm used to it by now, there just isn't a "this volume is fine for everything" setting on anything.

guerra08

Nov 12, 2020
Brazil
Has Sony support or any other outlet said anything regarding the rest mode issues? I don't have a PS5, but I'm keeping track of issues and the current state of the platform for a future purchase.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Best to just avoid Rest Mode rather than take the risk, after all it boots quickly so a few extra seconds doesn't really matter.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been experiencing a lot of latency problems with my dualsense. Specifically in Cold War with the analog sticks. If I move, it will register what seems about two seconds later, and just feels completely off. It reminds me of stick drift, but not in the sense of the analog stick moving itself. It just doesn't register my movement at the same time I push the stick. It's been driving me crazy. I also experienced it while playing Cyberpunk.

Your TV hasn't randomly switch game mode off or something has it? Are you getting it in all games or just specific ones?

My TV reset my settings once (when I unplugged my Switch and plugged it back in) and I instantly noticed the lag from not being on game mode. Everything felt delayed.

earlycuyler

Nov 4, 2019
Your TV hasn't randomly switch game mode off or something has it? Are you getting it in all games or just specific ones?

My TV reset my settings once (when I unplugged my Switch and plugged it back in) and I instantly noticed the lag from not being on game mode. Everything felt delayed.
I play on a LG C9 and it has instant game response, so it's automatically set to game mode every time I boot up a console. I did double check just to make sure it wasn't in my preferred cinema setting though. I should also mention that I got the problem when I had my PS5 connected to my HP gaming monitor as well. I played some Valhalla last night and the latency issue was there too. It's much more noticeable in Cold War just because of the frequent stick movement and the speed of the game. Controller is updated to latest firmware, but it's been a problem since I got the console. Maybe I'll try to capture some footage of it. It really is bizarre. Never had this issue with any of my wireless controllers for any other console.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I play on a LG C9 and it has instant game response, so it's automatically set to game mode every time I boot up a console. I did double check just to make sure it wasn't in my preferred cinema setting though. I should also mention that I got the problem when I had my PS5 connected to my HP gaming monitor as well. I played some Valhalla last night and the latency issue was there too. It's much more noticeable in Cold War just because of the frequent stick movement and the speed of the game. Controller is updated to latest firmware, but it's been a problem since I got the console. Maybe I'll try to capture some footage of it. It really is bizarre. Never had this issue with any of my wireless controllers for any other console.
I'm assuming its OK when the controller is wired?

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017

WCOIWU8.jpg

I am sorry, but your system is likely on its last legs. The reason it only happens in certain games is likely just a function of how hard each games stresses the GPU, but it is faulty regardless.

Last edited:

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017

I have two controllers. One also sporadically has issues. In the PS menu bar you can deactivate a controller. If you restart the controller this way does the issue go away at least temporarily? Also you can try a factory reset on the controller, more info with google (paper clip into the hole on the back of the controller). If neither works the controller is likely faulty.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why are the streaming services hitching on only the PS5 in the house? PS3 and PS4 are fine. I've even tested them in the same room.

Every session Netflix with hitch at 25% and Now TV and Amazon Prime are also having issues.

I have no idea how to stop this from happening.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone had a weird issue where the "Gameplay recording stopped because you entered a blocked scene" pops up at random immediately before it resumes recording again?

only seemed to happen for me since I first streamed to twitch from the console.