• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Ah playing the Ghost of Tsushima raid and almost finished and everyone lost connection at once.... Bummer haha.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
How can it be my TV when this is what appears on the screenshot directly from the console itself? This isn't from the video feed or my TV, it's what the console is rendering internally. I got this screenshot from the share button.
If that's a PS5 capture then check your game settings. What do you have brightness and contrast set to? Could maybe be your HDR settings too.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Was having all the external storage issues, someone recommended switching to the USB-C port on the front and so far it seems to have done the trick. Everything is running from my portable SSD without issues, rest mode seems to be fine, performance all good, etc.

I can also hear the PS5 fans when I mute the game and sit about 7 feet away from the console?

How silent do people mean when they say their system is silent?,
Yeah I can hear the fan clearly when there's no music from basically anywhere in the room. It's definitely not silent, it's "quiet enough that the TV should drown it out" which is fine but not amazing. The PS3 was still quieter than this.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Getting CE-108255-1 errors whenever I try to download any saves. I'd rather not have to restart Borderlands, Spider-Man, or Sackboy from square one.

Support says it's a known OS error and it's going to have to be patched.

Nov 19, 2017
Hey all. I'm looking for troubleshooting with an hdmi issue. The PS5 runs fine on my TVs. When I try it on my projector I'm getting no signal from the hdmi. I can't use the 2.1 cable that comes with it because it's a 30ft run under my house. For a split second I'll get an image when it's booting in recovery mode but then it loses signal again. Is there a setting I can turn off in the console or projector to get it to sync?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Getting CE-108255-1 errors whenever I try to download any saves. I'd rather not have to restart Borderlands, Spider-Man, or Sackboy from square one.

Support says it's a known OS error and it's going to have to be patched.

same thing...getting some weird problem when trying to download save...in fact, it kept prompting me to subscribe to plus even though i'm already on it.

i think another firmware update is incoming.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. I'm looking for troubleshooting with an hdmi issue. The PS5 runs fine on my TVs. When I try it on my projector I'm getting no signal from the hdmi. I can't use the 2.1 cable that comes with it because it's a 30ft run under my house. For a split second I'll get an image when it's booting in recovery mode but then it loses signal again. Is there a setting I can turn off in the console or projector to get it to sync?
Are you able to set it to 1080p output?
Maybe also disable HDR.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Can I get an honest answer on how loud the system is for people?

I currently experience the disc drive spinning up audibly every now and then.

I can also hear the PS5 fans when I mute the game and sit about 7 feet away from the console?

How silent do people mean when they say their system is silent?,
I have only heard the disc drive and vibrations (before I sat it on a mouse at) I have to get virtually on top of the system to hear the fan and only then when I start a game. From 7ft away I can't hear a thing other than the disc drive

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have Monster Hunter World installed on the internal drive, with about 230GB of free space.

The game is refusing to install/download the latest update, it gives an error but doesn't tell me what exactly went wrong.
I'm moving it to external to see if it updates from there.. what could this be?

Edit: It installed immediately after moving to external. I feel like there is a bug here.. I moved this game from external to internal when I got the PS5. Maybe the updates are still going to the external location, and it bugs out because the game was moved?

That's what this feels like anyway.

Last edited:

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If that's a PS5 capture then check your game settings. What do you have brightness and contrast set to? Could maybe be your HDR settings too.

They are default (50). I left all game settings on default.

And if the HDR settings for my TV make the game output something this dark, then something is wrong with how the game interprets the OS HDR calibration values.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Wonder if others have experienced this abnormal notification. You're minding you're own business in a game and the system says that it can't validate your license for the game you're playing and that it will close in 15 min. I got this at some random point so i just closed the game and opened it again, didn't get it again so far. Then my friend got this message last week, same game. Then another friend got it on Warframe (F2P game), diff game. That last one didn't heed the warning and the system did indeed kick him off. I believe we are all not set to primary on our systems.

This was never an issue on PS4 for me unless PSN was acting up or my internet cut off which validating the licenses issue is expected to happen and is normal.

Anyone else see this?

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Yeah I'm having issues too. I'm trying to access my cloud saves and it either gives me an error saying something went wrong, or it keeps pulling up a page telling me to buy PS Plus (even though I have it)

Also tried going into my account page and it says it can't load
I was getting this last night. In response I tried to restore my licenses, and part way through restoring them it said the database was corrupted and then rebuilt the database. After that I was briefly able to get into my cloud saves, but when I tried again 90 minutes later it was telling me to buy PS+ again.

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
I have had my PS5 since launch day and it worked perfectly for the first few days. Suddenly, the homescreen and UI became incredibly laggy/unresponsive. Controller inputs either do not register or take a while and visually the homescreen lags. Whats weird is that restarting the console fixes this issue but as soon as I put it into rest mode and then wake it, the problem returns. I have also been updating firmware as soon as I can in the hope that this is solved. When I installed the most recent update, the lag was gone for a couple days and then returned. It's really annoying me now.

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
Another issue I encountered occurred when playing Miles Morales. I had just finished the
vulture boss battle
and my screen turned black and my monitor blasted out a super loud high pitched noise. Genuinely made me jump and I had to pull out my monitor's power adapter.

mattypacker

Oct 29, 2017
Bristol UK
Anyone else getting a notice to get PSN plus but already have it?

I had this yesterday. I restored my licenses and it fixed the issue for me.

My PS5 is pretty much useless at this point. Every single game, PS4 and PS5 will crash with the 108255-1 error. Been on the phone with Sony for a long time over the last 2 weeks. I've tried everything that they have suggested and that I have seen online but no luck.

My case was taken out of the queue for some unknown reason so it's been reescalated so I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me. So frustrating.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I have had my PS5 since launch day and it worked perfectly for the first few days. Suddenly, the homescreen and UI became incredibly laggy/unresponsive. Controller inputs either do not register or take a while and visually the homescreen lags. Whats weird is that restarting the console fixes this issue but as soon as I put it into rest mode and then wake it, the problem returns. I have also been updating firmware as soon as I can in the hope that this is solved. When I installed the most recent update, the lag was gone for a couple days and then returned. It's really annoying me now.
Do you use an external HDD?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've been getting
This disc isn't suppported by the PS5.
Message probably every other time I start my console

I only have Demon's Souls and it's the only disc that has been in the drive and when I plop it out and back in again it works fine. So more a small annoyance than anything else, just want to make sure it isn't indicative of any larger issue?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting

I only have Demon's Souls and it's the only disc that has been in the drive and when I plop it out and back in again it works fine. So more a small annoyance than anything else, just want to make sure it isn't indicative of any larger issue?
You have an external drive connected? I've heard of this happening when the system boots with both an external drive hooked up, and a disc in the Blu-ray drive. It seems to be able to do either/or, it doesn't like doing both on bootup.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
You have an external drive connected? I've heard of this happening when the system boots with both an external drive hooked up, and a disc in the Blu-ray drive. It seems to be able to do either/or, it doesn't like doing both on bootup.
Yea, that could be it. Weird. Oh well. Not too fussed. It's likely going to be my only disc game.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I've been getting

I recently described having this problem, only when I start up the ps5 with both a disc inside and my external hdd attached. With this combo it will give that error every single time. Having the Hdd attached on booting up also causes a full system crash about half the time so I started unplugging the hdd after turning the ps5 off and plugging it back in after starting it up. This has stopped the disc error and the crashing, but is inconvenient.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first hard crash in demons souls which caused the system to lock up the other day, had to 'rebuild database' and it said my DS save was corrupted, but it fixed it and loaded anyway. Scary shit, the stability of this system seems suspect given the length of this thread.

Have a digital console, no drives attached and haven't had one the whole time. So, none of the shit people have said does it.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first hard crash in demons souls which caused the system to lock up the other day, had to 'rebuild database' and it said my DS save was corrupted, but it fixed it and loaded anyway. Scary shit, the stability of this system seems suspect given the length of this thread.

Have a digital console, no drives attached and haven't had one the whole time. So, none of the shit people have said does it.
Same exact thing happened to me, digital edition never hooked up an external yet, never used rest mode. Though the hard lock happened like a week ago just wanted to share my experience.

Kvasir

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting

Try to use the front USB-C port to see if that resolves the issue. I ended up doing that and now I don't have any disc errors upon boot up.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I would try a factory reset.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
My buddy FINALLY got a ps5 and I recommended he got an external. He got an error about it needing repair, and now the screen is black. Is he screwed?

Metro Cow

Nov 28, 2020
That just happened to me a short while ago. The screen went black after repairing the external HDD and the system flashed blue, with nothing happening for several minutes. After a few minutes I pressed the power button at the front of the console and it went into rest mode, it then turned on normally (after rebuilding the database). Hopefully your friend's PS5 will do the same.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely, MW 2019 disc version just uninstalled itself apparently. Now I have to re-download a crapload of GB. I guess I'll keep the disc in until I'm completely done with the game.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else's Dualsense no longer show the orange light when charging? The battery icon shows that it's charging but doesn't stop even and hasn't for a few days now.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
Press and hold the power button on the console for several seconds should hopefully fix it.
I wouldn´t recommend using external drives at all atm...
Thanks the hold power button trick worked after fiddling with it for 30 minutes(guess he was putting it in standby before)

Was just about to ask about if it was safe to use an external after this. I also have another buddy using one(also by my recommendation...) and want to know if I should warn him as well.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Thanks the hold power button trick worked after fiddling with it for 30 minutes(guess he was putting it in standby before)

Was just about to ask about if it was safe to use an external after this. I also have another buddy using one(also by my recommendation...) and want to know if I should warn him as well.
I have recently plugged my 2TB my passport ultra back in and so far I have not had an issue, one thing I will say is I try not to download and install anything when playing a game and so far not had any more crashes.

Other peoples experience may vary, but I avoid rest mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I wake my ps5 from rest mode it hangs on the demon souls splash screen. Takes a full turning off on again to get it to load. Strange. Can't wait for an OS patch to fix issues like this