• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get an honest answer on how loud the system is for people?

I currently experience the disc drive spinning up audibly every now and then.

I can also hear the PS5 fans when I mute the game and sit about 7 feet away from the console?

How silent do people mean when they say their system is silent?,
I think reviewers were comparing it to the PS4 and PS4 Pro. The Series X is actually completely silent.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017

I can also hear the PS5 fans when I mute the game and sit about 7 feet away from the console?

The only way I can perceive any sound coming out of my PS5 is by putting my ear directly in contact with it, otherwise mine is pretty much silent, even while playing Miles Morales from a disc.

After a week of some pretty heavy usage (platinum'ed MM, finished Astro Bot and now a couple of hours into Demon's Souls) my PS5 has worked perfectly in regards to noise, rest mode, charging, etc. Only had one hard crash during my New Game+ run of MM.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The only way I can perceive any sound coming out of my PS5 is by putting my ear directly in contact with it, otherwise mine is pretty much silent, even while playing Miles Morales from a disc.

After a week of some pretty heavy usage (platinum'ed MM, finished Astro Bot and now a couple of hours into Demon's Souls) my PS5 has worked perfectly in regards to noise, rest mode, charging, etc. Only had one hard crash during my New Game+ run of MM.
See I just can't fathom how some people's PS5 can be dead silent unless you're rogjg next to the machine. The only time my console is that silent is on the home screen.

It's louder playing Miles morales.

Do you have a series X you could compare to? Because from my experience the series X is dead silent in the way you describe your PS5.

It's annoying having to listen and check for faults constantly, but I guess that's the price of being an early adopter.

I'm trying to decide whether to stick with this console or try and pick up another.

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Ok so this is driving me crazy. I'm using an ethernet connection for my PS5. I have a 250 Mbps download speed (confirmed on my PC). For the life of me I cannot get more than 15 on my PS5 (when testing internet speed through the ps5). I have tried everything I can think of: swapping cables between my PC and PS5, resetting router, factory resetting PS5, changing the DNS settings on PS5, changing NAT type on PS5, giving PS5 a static DHCP.

I'm stumped. Is there something I am missing here?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Not so much trouble, but a question so as to avoid trouble whenever I get my hands on one:

What is the best way to get saves from my PS4 to a PS5?

I don't have PSN, so no Cloud Saves, though I could pay a couple of quid for a PSN trial if that is the absolute best way to do it.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Not so much trouble, but a question so as to avoid trouble whenever I get my hands on one:

What is the best way to get saves from my PS4 to a PS5?

I don't have PSN, so no Cloud Saves, though I could pay a couple of quid for a PSN trial if that is the absolute best way to do it.
USB copy seems to be the simplest. Press option to multi-select and select all the ones you want to transfer.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019

The only time I can hear my fan is when I place my ear against the console where then fan is, also no sound coming from the power supply area of the console, not sure about the disc drive as I play with headphones but I never noticed anything annoying while installing stuff.

My console is in landscape orientation.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I've got a weird issue in activity cards. I have some friends that play rocket league and warzone on ps4, and they now have constant "join their game" activity cards present even when they are offline. Tried a full ps5 reboot but they just come back. Happening with ghosts too. Any thoughts?
I have the same issue with COD.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Ok so this is driving me crazy. I'm using an ethernet connection for my PS5. I have a 250 Mbps download speed (confirmed on my PC). For the life of me I cannot get more than 15 on my PS5 (when testing internet speed through the ps5). I have tried everything I can think of: swapping cables between my PC and PS5, resetting router, factory resetting PS5, changing the DNS settings on PS5, changing NAT type on PS5, giving PS5 a static DHCP.

I get 250 down also and Ethernet on my ps5 is super slow.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The only time I can hear my fan is when I place my ear against the console where then fan is, also no sound coming from the power supply area of the console, not sure about the disc drive as I play with headphones but I never noticed anything annoying while installing stuff.

My console is in landscape orientation.
Hmmm I may look into exchanging/hunting down a second console.

I can hear mine sat 6 feet away. The way people are describing the console it should be matching the series X when it comes to being silent, which mine doesn't.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC

Mine is practically silent; granted I live in an apartment building in a city so I also may have more ambient noise in general that's masking the PS5's noise. My disc drive does the audible spin-up thing occasionally, but usually only in multi-hour sessions. I can only hear the console's fans if I stick my head within like 1 or 2 feet of the thing. For comparison, any high-fidelity PS4 games made my PS4 Pro make noticeable noise that I could easily hear from my couch about 8 feet away.

Moozo

Oct 30, 2017
United Kingdom
Turned off last night and my DualSense was at full charge (I'd been charging while playing).

Turned on just now and the DualSense battery was totally dead. Would only come on for a split second unless plugged in to charge again.

How does battery charge just disappear overnight?

Kvasir

Oct 25, 2017
I am having the glitch I've read about where if you have an external hdd connected and a game disc inserted upon startup, the ps5 will say it is an unsupported disc. If you eject and reinsert it, the disc is recognized. If you disconnect the external hdd, the issue does not occur. I'm using the back usb ports.

I really hope this is just a software issue that gets patched. Support told one guy on reddit to send in his ps5 for this issue.

I started encountering this as well when both rear USB ports were in use. The workaround I'm using for this currently is to now have my 2TB external HDD plugged into the front USB-C port (with an adapter) and still have the secondary flash drive used for Media in one of the rear ports. It's not the necessarily the clean cable look I would like but it'll do for now.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I started encountering this as well when both rear USB ports were in use. The workaround I'm using for this currently is to now have my 2TB external HDD plugged into the front USB-C port (with an adapter) and still have the secondary flash drive used for Media in one of the rear ports. It's not the necessarily the clean cable look I would like but it'll do for now.
Interesting. In my case both rear ports were not in use, only one.

RaidenXZ

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone!

I recently just got a new PS5 from Sony after I sent them back my original because it was not turning on out of the box. Just got the new one today and now I'm noticing a ton of graphical artifacts in my games. Games like Miles Morales and Demons Souls have them constantly, and less demanding games like Astro Bot and Fortnite see them once in a while but not often. Anyone know what I can do about this??

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone!

I recently just got a new PS5 from Sony after I sent them back my original because it was not turning on out of the box. Just got the new one today and now I'm noticing a ton of graphical artifacts in my games. Games like Miles Morales and Demons Souls have them constantly, and less demanding games like Astro Bot and Fortnite see them once in a while but not often. Anyone know what I can do about this??
Could be a dying GPU unfortunately 🙁

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

ive got ethernet LAN connected, 900mbps net, but the ps5 only goes up to 200 300 for me with the LAN cable. Idk what it is.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Is it just my configuration or is Spiderman Remastered weirdly lit at times? Most of the times it looks great, but certain situations makes blacks seem completely crushed on some objects/sections, like pedestrians in the shadows for example.

Here's one screenshot that I can show as example:

ent5pesw8aikvkw32j7x.jpg

I mean look at the pedestrians. They're so dark that you almost can't make out any details on their clothes. It's all just a pitch-black blob.

At first I wondered if it was my TV/HDR setup that was not properly calibrated, but seeing as how this problem is present on the internal screenshots (share button) I'm getting from the console tells me that the problem is not from the TV at all. This is what the PS5 is sending to my TV, which displays it as-is. What's up? Is it like this for everyone else too?
I've never seen anything like that in my playthrough (platinumed the main game and up to the final DLC). Looks like a TV calibration issue. Check your in-game brightness/HDR calibration, PS5 display settings, and your TV settings I guess.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
Is it just me or is something wrong with some of the PS4 games on the PS5? I installed Bloodborne from the PS Plus hits menu. When it finished installing the game didn't look at all like it was upscaled by the PS5. Plus the frame rate was awful. I uninstalled it within 5 minutes.

Apr 28, 2020
Hi everyone!

Wow totally sucks. Sorry that happened to you.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen anything like that in my playthrough (platinumed the main game and up to the final DLC). Looks like a TV calibration issue. Check your in-game brightness/HDR calibration, PS5 display settings, and your TV settings I guess.

How can it be my TV when this is what appears on the screenshot directly from the console itself? This isn't from the video feed or my TV, it's what the console is rendering internally. I got this screenshot from the share button.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok... So for some reason both my controllers are no longer synced to my console... Even connecting them via cable isn't syncing them..

Is this possibly a rest mode bug?

Would turn it completely off but I can't use the controllers!! Lol

Holding the power button for like 2 secs puts it in rest mode, do I have to hold it longer for to turn off completely?

Had anyone else experienced this? Lol

Edit: nevermind, fixed it.
Hold the power button longer and it shuts down the ps5. Controllers work again!

Last edited:

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm having issues too. I'm trying to access my cloud saves and it either gives me an error saying something went wrong, or it keeps pulling up a page telling me to buy PS Plus (even though I have it)

Also tried going into my account page and it says it can't load

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't login either, everything is fine with my internet and it shows me connected, just can't login to PSN.

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
This is a big thread and this has definitely been asked before, but I had an issue with audio completely disappearing when I booted up from rest mode. Restarting the console did nothing. The only thing that worked was restarting my TV.

Should I stop using rest mode until they patch it?