• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sebsal

Jul 31, 2018
Anyone know how to download PS Plus collection games you've owned in the past? I am trying to download God of War and Days Gone but it wont let me. I've long since traded in the games. It seems to want me to put a disk in but obviously i just want to download the free versions

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Welp, mine had to do a repair of some sort last night, I've been adamant about closing games when finished. I had Demons Souls in the drive, everyone went to bed, I powered on using the controller and the blue light were just blinking slow for like 5 mins and no output to TV, I unplugged the console waited a few sec and plugged it back in, had to finish the repair and then had to recalibrate HDR. This is bullshit for a 550$ piece of hardware, needs to get fixed ASAP by Sony.
Also I don't have an external connected and Demons Souls was closed before I put it into rest mode.

I had a crash playing demon souls last night also.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Let me guess, error CE-108255-1?

I've had this since I opened my console on Monday. Called Sony multiple times, all they told me is wait cause we're working on a patch lol. I'm so frustrated, this shit sucks when everyone else is having fun.

im glad they have a patch for that coming though. That's the only crash I have received

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Hi there did you sort the locked games? 99% of my games are showing as locked and all digital and on my main account. They're all ones from before I sold my PS4 and removed it as my primary. I'm utterly lost and it soured my first day with the console sadly. I've tried restoring etc
Unfortunately - the issue regarding my Licenses / Database Corruption is still present and not resolved, even with the latest system update and doing a complete factory restore. I haven't played my PS5 at all really due to these issues I've had unfortunately.

I have gotten my games to unlock, albeit temporarily in a sense.

So, for me as I mentioned - a "Restore Licenses" would typically resolve this locked game issue, and bring your library right into swing, but that results in Database Corruption for me.

The alternative (temporary) solution is to do something like a Full Factory Reinstallation, and after that let your console idle at the Game Library for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on how large your library is, and let it load in. There's no progress bar and you want it to complete and be sure its done before doing anything. Then you just hope/pray you don't run into any sort of Database Corruption or game lockup issue because that will essentially cause the same issue to happen again and you will need to repeat the process.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Is anyone else running into trouble charging their DualSense via the charging station? Both times I've dropped the controller onto the charging station it briefly lights up orange then turns off, as if I'm plugging in a fully-charged controller.

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
Woke to a PS5 black screen from rest mode. Switched to a non 4k enhanced hdmi port and got a picture back but without HDR unless I set display to 1080p. After some messing about with the TV and putting the PS5 into a really low resolution (400 and something ) I eventually got it back working again on my enhanced 4k hdmi port. Let's just say I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Won't be using rest mode again that's for sure. How this passed QA I have no idea.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
My external SSD (Samsung QVO in an enclosure) is giving me system hangups and errors after rest mode or cold boot. Are plain old HDD's fine or should I just give up on using external drives for now?

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is also installing from disc super slowly after the first 16Gb, it's almost like its downloading the rest of the 30Gb.
What size is you QVO? If it's a smaller one, it may be filling the TLC cache causing it to slow.
But the hangups and errors... who knows.

My QVO is working fine via Rest mode.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
Every time I put my ps5 in rest mode, when I turn it back on it's super sluggish both in game and in the UI. I can close games, open new ones, change settings nothing fixes the sluggish performance until I restart the ps5. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution other than disabling rest mode?

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
Unfortunately - the issue regarding my Licenses / Database Corruption is still present and not resolved, even with the latest system update and doing a complete factory restore. I haven't played my PS5 at all really due to these issues I've had unfortunately.

I have gotten my games to unlock, albeit temporarily in a sense.

So, for me as I mentioned - a "Restore Licenses" would typically resolve this locked game issue, and bring your library right into swing, but that results in Database Corruption for me.

The alternative (temporary) solution is to do something like a Full Factory Reinstallation, and after that let your console idle at the Game Library for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on how large your library is, and let it load in. There's no progress bar and you want it to complete and be sure its done before doing anything. Then you just hope/pray you don't run into any sort of Database Corruption or game lockup issue because that will essentially cause the same issue to happen again and you will need to repeat the process.
Damn, I'm so sorry you haven't played it much. Even I'm put off and mine works, just isn't working how I expect it to! I did try a full restore and that didn't do anything. I haven't tried the waiting to load in though so might have to give that a shot! It would be one thing if the console just didn't start or something and had an obvious fault but this is not being widely mentioned so I'm struggling like mad to sort it!!

burn

Oct 27, 2017
How long does it take to rebuild the database? Is it hours as it says on safe mode?

I want to try it to see if it frees any space on Other.

mattypacker

Oct 29, 2017
Bristol UK
Got my PS5 yesterday morning at 8 o clock and have had nothing but problems with it.

Every game I play I get the CE-108255-1 error after differing amounts of time. I rarely get an hours play in at any one time before it happens. And then this morning 2 instances of a hard crash and the console restarting.

I have reset the console twice, rebuilt the database, removed the external HDD and manually reinstalled the system software and nothing has worked. Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
'Something went wrong'

Had that so my game didn't install at all. Tried it again, same thing, so I cancelled the process (both disc and download update), disabled automatic updates and started again. No error message this time, I'll just have to check for updates after disc installation has been completed.

So disable automatic updates and install the base game first. Maybe it'll work better for people.
Simply disconnect from internet, install the game and then update it. At least this is how it worked in my case with DS. Some people suggest that starting unpatched games and creating a save could be even better solution.

Looks like there is issue with copying the game data and downloading updates at the same time. It could also work if you do not press copy button but just wait up to 5 minutes. System should start copying game data by itself.

Dec 2, 2017
My console just shut itself down, When it came back on it said 'there was an error in the system software'. I hope this isn't the start of a larger problem.

Oct 25, 2017
Had a weird bug happened when I installed the disc version of Avengers to my PS5. Transferred it to my external and when I restarted the PS5 I got a message saying Avengers can't be installed. So I had a empty download bar on my Avengers game icons that never went away. I put it back on my PS5 and now the download bar is gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, error CE-108255-1?

I've had this since I opened my console on Monday. Called Sony multiple times, all they told me is wait cause we're working on a patch lol. I'm so frustrated, this shit sucks when everyone else is having fun.

Oh so a patch is underway? That's refreshing to hear since Sony hasn't released any comment publicly. Hopefully we all can enjoy this new console w/o much issue soon.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Those with repetitive issues might want to try a Full Factory Reset.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

This is the sound my PS5 makes while playing a 4K Bluray disc. I already tried putting it on a mousepad and putting pressure on the system at some points to see if it would go away, but that doesn't seem to help. The video makes it sound a bit louder than it is, but I can definitely hear it clearly from my couch. Can anyone test to see if theirs makes a similar sound or nothing at all? It doesn't do this as much when watching a standard Bluray. (Also, this is different from the coil whine sound I'm getting- it's coming from the disc drive)

Didn't see any replies to this yet, but I've read online that this could be normal for a 4K Blu-Ray drive, so are they really that loud? Keep in mind normal Blu-ray Discs don't seem to do this.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so a patch is underway? That's refreshing to hear since Sony hasn't released any comment publicly. Hopefully we all can enjoy this new console w/o much issue soon.

That's what Sony support is telling me. That they know about it and are working on a patch to try to fix it. Thing is I have no idea when that would be. At this point ima try to get a replacement from Target on black Friday.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this is already known, and since it was new to me as of last night...I figured I would share something I noticed with Internal Storage and PS4 games on the PS5.

TLDR: It looks like PS4 games that are installed to your PS5 internal SSD take up space both in the Games and Apps section and Other sections.

Again, sorry if this is not news. It was to me!

In the last few days, I'd installed a few PS4 games to the internal SSD to check them out. I realized my "Other" section was a lot bigger than the last time I looked at it. So, I started deleting PS4 games to see what would happen. Not only would they disappear from the Games and Apps section, but they would take a 4-6 GB chunk out of the Other section too.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Ok, I think I have the controller not charging bug... thing is I don't charge it in rest mode as right now I turn off the PS5 cause I fear the rest mode bug. But I have it plugged in while I am using it or during the day in general when the PS5 is on. It's never stopped charging according to the PS5 but when I removed teh controller today thinking it must be charged, it said low battery and the PS5 warned me in a minute that the battery was low. So the PS5 thinks it is charging the controller but it is not (or it is bugging out on reading the charge on the battery and thinks it is low when it is not).

So far anything I look up just says to try to change ports except it is now plugged in the back anyways due to the dongle for the headset being in the front (but when I first got the PS5 it was in the front and seemed to take forever to charge). I am using a cable extender to use it but I have used the same cable and extender on the PS4 (ok, same cable extender, different cable to the controller due to the PS4 controller not having the same port as the PS5 controller) and that charged fine that way.

And btw, my PS5 is pretty much on most the day (I'd say 8 hours) so it should have plenty of time to charge while it's plugged in. I've had the PS5 for a few days now, it should have charged by now.

Also... if I am to test different cables, how long does it take to normally charge the controller so I get an idea of when ot check to see if it is actually charging? Since the PS5 tells me it is and it apparently is not.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else randomly getting temporary black screens? Like ill be playing spiderman, screen goes black, then comes back no problem.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Just got another bug. Had to force close Demon's Souls 4 times and do a system restart to get it to finally launch. 🤔

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
My first Ps5 is now out for repair, but my second console is really buggy in UI. I install a game, then it got delete from the home menu i have to reinstall it and download the patch again. WTF going on with ps5... i'm really tired of all this...

Anyone have issue with disc based game copying ? Sackboy copy fast until the second party of the data. The bluray keep read stop read stop. The copy take a very long time.

The first install yesterday was ok. The game has disappear. I manage to reinstall but the patch don't download. The game disappear again and the copy is very slow now.

same exact problem, never had any issue before....

anyone else randomly getting temporary black screens? Like ill be playing spiderman, screen goes black, then comes back no problem.

I did in sackboy, but it never came back....

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows how to re-enable save auto-sync for a game after manually uploading a save?

Ryoichi

Sep 24, 2020
Italy
- To everyone who has problems with games getting suddenly uninstalled or deleted from the home -

This fixed it for me, i think there's a problem with the download manager as it manages both updates and disc copying.

• First of all put your PS5 offline (disabling the automatic updates for games could maybe work too);
  • Now put the disc in - DO NOT COPY THE GAME MANUALLY - Wait for the copying to start by itself (can take a bit);
  • Wait for the whole disk to copy then put the PS5 back online;
  • Press "Options" on the game icon and let it search for updates (this option could take a bit to appear in the menu after enabling the network so keep trying after a while);
  • You should get a screen saying it's searching for updates: if it starts to download the update that's fine but if it takes more than couple of minutes don't worry, you can exit with the Circle button;
  • If you had to exit from the update search it is very possible that the download manager is already downloading the patch but didn't give you an alert - in this case hit "Play" button for your game in the home: after a bit the alert should pop up and it should ask you if you want to start the game without updating it. Choose "No".
  • Let the update download and install;
  • You should already be safe, but for extra security start the game and make a save;
  • Close the game and try to eject the disk - the game should now stay installed!
It seems like everyone is downloading the same patches and stressing the servers so only PS5 games suffer from this bug, in fact it doesn't happen if you install PS4 games. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Last edited:

Mula

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
I can't start astros playroom it stops at the first screen. Yesterday was everything ok

mangdo

Banned
Sep 18, 2020
I find most problems go away with a system reset which takes like 10 seconds or so anyways. That would be my first point of call with any niggling problems (yes, turning it off and on is still an age old tech proverb).

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
It's called sidetone, it exists as an option so that you can hear yourself talking (you won't be quite as loud when you can hear yourself). If you don't like it then turn it off :)
Sidetone - My Arctis 7x had it enabled by default. You have to download the PC software, plug the dongle in etc so it pairs with the PC. Then you can change how loud it is / turn it off. You can also edit several other features in the software. Well worth a quick 5 mins

Nah I'm fine with sidetone, it was an echo that was delayed and then played back. Seems to have gone now though!

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
I used a pre-order bonus code for Miles Morales but I'm not sure if the add-ons downloaded properly. I think they did since I got some extra skill points when booting the game again but I didn't check what all the stuff was and I'd like to be sure. Is there any way to check what add-ons you have for a game the way it was on the PS4 on the game page ?

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
just had the "eject disc and game magically disappears from library" bug. Going to try the fix mentioned earlier (copy disc offline then update it afterwards), hopefully this does the trick. This really needs to get fixed by Sony ASAP.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
just had the "eject disc and game magically disappears from library" bug. Going to try the fix mentioned earlier (copy disc offline then update it afterwards), hopefully this does the trick. This really needs to get fixed by Sony ASAP.
I had this day one, instead of pressing copy to install the games, I left it for a few minutes and the PS5 started installing itself. No problems since. I did do a factory reset just before just to do a proper cycle and clear out any old files.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
The unexpected errors and rebuilding database didn't occur yesterday, when I had turned the system off, instead of putting it in the rest mode, and switched from wired to Wi-Fi. Although, I only played Demon's Souls yesterday, offline as usual, and didn't use any network features, which seemed to be when the errors occurred the most. Hopefully it stays this way.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
I can't download my PS4 save data from the cloud storage on my PS5! Every time I go to download to console storage the below error appears.

EnU6ApbXEAACt32

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I had this day one, instead of pressing copy to install the games, I left it for a few minutes and the PS5 started installing itself. No problems since. I did do a factory reset just before just to do a proper cycle and clear out any old files.

yea that seemed to work, just letting it copy on its own and not clicking the copy button like madman, also went offline which might have helped, not sure.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Ok, I think I have the controller not charging bug... thing is I don't charge it in rest mode as right now I turn off the PS5 cause I fear the rest mode bug. But I have it plugged in while I am using it or during the day in general when the PS5 is on. It's never stopped charging according to the PS5 but when I removed teh controller today thinking it must be charged, it said low battery and the PS5 warned me in a minute that the battery was low. So the PS5 thinks it is charging the controller but it is not (or it is bugging out on reading the charge on the battery and thinks it is low when it is not).

So far anything I look up just says to try to change ports except it is now plugged in the back anyways due to the dongle for the headset being in the front (but when I first got the PS5 it was in the front and seemed to take forever to charge). I am using a cable extender to use it but I have used the same cable and extender on the PS4 (ok, same cable extender, different cable to the controller due to the PS4 controller not having the same port as the PS5 controller) and that charged fine that way.

And btw, my PS5 is pretty much on most the day (I'd say 8 hours) so it should have plenty of time to charge while it's plugged in. I've had the PS5 for a few days now, it should have charged by now.

Also... if I am to test different cables, how long does it take to normally charge the controller so I get an idea of when ot check to see if it is actually charging? Since the PS5 tells me it is and it apparently is not.

As an update, I tried connecting my phone and my phone says it was getting charge from the cable that my controller was connected to. I connected my Pulse 3D headsets and left them there for an hour. THey actually charged to full (or close enough that they said full). Reset the controller, still would not charge (but would say it was charging). So I think something is up with the controller or maybe the PS5 software that checks how much battery the controller has. I've connected my controller to a power outlet for tonight to hopefully charge it that way (I'd like to use it wirelessly). If it does charge, I'm going to suspect it's some sort of software issue.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
This may be a bit of a dumb question, but within the PS5 UI where does one manage game saves on a game-by-game basis?

On the PS4, by pressing the options button on a game icon it would give an option to "upload/download save data." I'm not seeing that option here, but my brain wanting this to function like the PS4 UI is probably keeping me from seeing something that would otherwise be obvious.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
This may be a bit of a dumb question, but within the PS5 UI where does one manage game saves on a game-by-game basis?

On the PS4, by pressing the options button on a game icon it would give an option to "upload/download save data." I'm not seeing that option here, but my brain wanting this to function like the PS4 UI is probably keeping me from seeing something that would otherwise be obvious.
In settings.

Can't remember what it's called but it's pretty obvious. Think about half way down the list

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I just now turned the system on with the controller, and once it hit the dashboard, it asked me to hit the PS5 button...and I did repeatedly and it was unresponsive. I even connected it via the cable and nothing, so I had to actually pull the plug to reset it. WTF?

I had a crash playing demon souls last night also.

I helped a friend get a PS5, and of course his arrived days before mine, so he let me use his until I could pick mine up. Demon's Souls crashed after killing the first Vanguard when the Dragon God roared. No other problems with the game or his system after that, but mine has not only been a little louder than his was (whining, but I have to be up close to really notice it while playing a game), Demon's Souls has been showing some freakishly bad slowdown at times, where the game tanks to like 5fps when panning the screen and it goes super blurry. This has happened a total of three times now since Tuesday.

The first, and only time I had ever seen this kind of behavior with any game previously was with the Resident Evil 2 remake on PC, but it was a bug when using an Xbox S controller wirelessly. The game would play fine, then all of a sudden the frame rate would massively plummet, and it wasn't due to the CPU or GPU. It all stopped when I changed controllers.

Last edited: