• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Anyone have issue with disc based game copying ? Sackboy copy fast until the second party of the data. The bluray keep read stop read stop. The copy take a very long time.

The first install yesterday was ok. The game has disappear. I manage to reinstall but the patch don't download. The game disappear again and the copy is very slow now.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Great idea for a thread.

Has anyone else had issues with rest mode? I put it on overnight, to download a couple of games. This morning, the console wouldn't wake up. After several tries of turning it on with the controller and console's power button, I had to hold down the power button and force a hard reset, then it powered on and did its repairing thing.

Also, neither of the games downloaded, despite ensuring that internet is enabled in the power options for rest mode

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Had a hard crash last night when trying to load AC Origins from a Samsung 870 SATA SSD, connected with a Sabrent SATA to USB 3 converter. The PS5 wouldn't turn back on until I removed the SSD.

Probably going to move BC games I want to play to the internal drive until this gets sorted.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
My brother reinserted the miles morales disc after I played some CoD and apparently the disc is copying again?

Any idea what that could be about?

I told him to delete the game and just leave playing Spiderman for a while as I've heard a lot of issues arising from that one.

Shocking console release man, I hate having to second guess everything I do with the console and tip toe around it.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one with two white spots on the middle of the PS5 plastics ?

7c78b58c7b21a1af5712a2a28a358843.png

Since I unboxed...it was like that. It's about plastics quality I guess....

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I redeemed my Sackboy and Miles Morales PS4 codes on PC before my PS5 arrived. But it seems I cant upgrade them to their PS5 versions. There is no option in the game menu, store or anywhere else. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I posted a new thread about this. Wish I'd seen this thread, as it's probably more appropriate.

On PS4, I had my account as the main account, then my kids had their own accounts. I dont think they were attached to an email, but they had their own saves and trophies. How do i bring these over to PS5? I thought it would be part of data transfer, but that only did my game saves. Google has been no help.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I saw a user post this in another thread, but their advice fixed my external HDD issue.

So initially, I tried to move over the drive I used for the PS4 to PS5, but it gave a huge amount of errors, and caused the system to slowdown and crash. I had a lot of games on it; around 300.

The advice was to plug it into my PC, format it there, then replug it into the PS5 and reformat it again using the console. I did this, and it worked! No more slowdowns, no more crashes. The system sees it, and I can download PS4 games to it and play it off the drive with no issue. I've even put the PS5 into rest mode with it attached to download games, and everything is still working. Turning the PS5 off and then back on with it attached, still working.

Anyone with external HDD issues try reformatting it on your PC then reformatting it with the PS5. You will lose all data, and you will have redownload what games you want again, but it solved my issue.

Oct 27, 2017
So i just booted up for the second day and my Assassins creed valhalla is just gone from the home screen, and days gone says its need to download again. Both are installed and i played them both yesterday.. What?!?

Denogginizer

Apr 14, 2019
I can confirm that PS4 games installed on my external Samsung T7 SSD are getting update errors. If I move them to the PS5 internal SSD, the update works.

After I updated Ghost after moving it to the internal SSD, I moved it back to my external drive and it now is running. Looks like I will have to move PS4 games to the internal drive to get them patched.

Last edited:

Denogginizer

Apr 14, 2019
Is it possible the PS5 is installing update files for externally stored PS4 games on the PS5 internal SDD by default? I have my PS5 set to install all PS4 games to the external drive.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Does anyone feel a "click" when the adaptive triggers turn on or off? It's noticeable in Miles Morales, when I bring up the activity menu (or go back to the dashboard) there's click as they turn off, and when I get back to the game I feel a smaller click as they turn back on. Same thing for Astro when I pick up the bow.

I didn't feel this yesterday, but maybe I just didn't notice. Is this the same for anyone else?

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a message each time I start the console from rest mode with an external SSD attached (Crucial X8 1TB):

"The extended storage device wasn't removed properly the last time you used it"

I had the same problem with it on my PS4 - is it a faulty drive? It works fine other than this issue BTW.

On PS4 I got around it by disabling the USB ports in rest mode, but it seems like a fudge rather than a fix. I should be able to use an external SSD without having to disable USB ports in rest mode right?

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, mine had to do a repair of some sort last night, I've been adamant about closing games when finished. I had Demons Souls in the drive, everyone went to bed, I powered on using the controller and the blue light were just blinking slow for like 5 mins and no output to TV, I unplugged the console waited a few sec and plugged it back in, had to finish the repair and then had to recalibrate HDR. This is bullshit for a 550$ piece of hardware, needs to get fixed ASAP by Sony.
Also I don't have an external connected and Demons Souls was closed before I put it into rest mode.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea why after playing a disc based game (Miles/Sackboy) that when I go to close it it's locked and I can only delete it? Had to go through the switcher to close the game.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry if this has been asked but I did the data transfer from my PS4 to my PS5 and it seemed to work ok on PS5. All games and save files appear to be on there.

But on my PS4 it's been stuck on the "transfer data to another console screen" for hours with no progress bar and it won't let me leave that screen. Anyone know if it's safe to reset my PS4?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Does anyone feel a "click" when the adaptive triggers turn on or off? It's noticeable in Miles Morales, when I bring up the activity menu (or go back to the dashboard) there's click as they turn off, and when I get back to the game I feel a smaller click as they turn back on. Same thing for Astro when I pick up the bow.

I didn't feel this yesterday, but maybe I just didn't notice. Is this the same for anyone else?
Yes, it seems to just be a consequence of how the adaptive triggers work. That's the sound / feeling of the motors disengaging.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
A few friends in Europe are saying their games are uninstalled randomly the next day when they boot it up.

Can this be fixed with a patch ? Is it defective units or what

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I have mile morales on ps5. Put it in and it's just telling me to 'copy' but the. Stops and asks me to copy again ?

is it because I have my PS4 plugged in via Ethernet cable? What exactly is it copying ?

k1x-

Oct 28, 2017
A few friends in Europe are saying their games are uninstalled randomly the next day when they boot it up.

Can this be fixed with a patch ? Is it defective units or what
Happened to me with demon's souls. It was installed including patch. Played 30min of astro, left the game and demon's souls was gone. Had to reinstall.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I'm seeing multiple people say it. Can it be fixed by a patch though? Or is it a defective console
I heard somewhere that this can happen if they try to eject the disc when the game is still installing data.
Installation has 2 phases, one that the game installed to a point where it can be playable now but not fully installed and one where its is fully installed.
The UI will will notify you about each phase but if you haven't payed any attention yourself it not be clear what phase has finished and if you eject the disc before phase 2 is finished that cause problems like these.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Had a scare yesterday where my PS5 froze after pressing Options while playing Astro (demons souls was also being installed). Had to hold the power button for like 20 seconds so that it would force reboot. Then I played again and the game took forever to launch, and was eventually met with a black screen after changing maps. Had to force reboot again. Tried it again afterwards and it seemed to work fine once more.
My system also has an slightly audible whirring noise, I'm guessing from the coil. It's the disc version. I'm considering exchanging it for another one.

Purslane

Jun 25, 2020
My external SSD (Samsung QVO in an enclosure) is giving me system hangups and errors after rest mode or cold boot. Are plain old HDD's fine or should I just give up on using external drives for now?

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is also installing from disc super slowly after the first 16Gb, it's almost like its downloading the rest of the 30Gb.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
My PS4 keeps restarting during the ps5 data transfer.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to continue the transfer or do I have to redo it?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I heard somewhere that this can happen if they try to eject the disc when the game is still installing data.
Installation has 2 phases, one that the game installed to a point where it can be playable now but not fully installed and one where its is fully installed.
The UI will will notify you about each phase but if you haven't payed any attention yourself it not be clear what phase has finished and if you eject the disc before phase 2 is finished that cause problems like these.
2 friends say it was happening with digital stuff. The ones with discs had issues but later realized they were playing the unpatched or incomplete game, After patch it was fine. But digital Demons SOuls is uninstalling after closing it, for some

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
The main UI is showing only the progression until it's playable, making it look like it's finished completely in a few minutes. It only indicates it's still installing the rest of the game when looking at the download/copy list. I removed the disc midway through and it paused the install. Putting the disc back continued where it left off.

They really should indicate clearly the two phases in the main screen, not just the install screen.

Sklaary

Mar 21, 2020
I use first time the rest mode on the console to download miles. Is it safe now after FW Update?

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
So it seems charging my dualsense on the front usb slot didnt work. But the slots on the back of the console worked fine.

Im using the cable which came with the console. Strange

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a message each time I start the console from rest mode with an external SSD attached (Crucial X8 1TB):

"The extended storage device wasn't removed properly the last time you used it"

I had the same problem with it on my PS4 - is it a faulty drive? It works fine other than this issue BTW.

On PS4 I got around it by disabling the USB ports in rest mode, but it seems like a fudge rather than a fix. I should be able to use an external SSD without having to disable USB ports in rest mode right?
So, I just spoke to Crucial support and they told me that this is expected behaviour and it won't work with rest mode on PS5 and PS4.

Can anyone with a Crucial X8 confirm this? Thanks.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
My external SSD (Samsung QVO in an enclosure) is giving me system hangups and errors after rest mode or cold boot. Are plain old HDD's fine or should I just give up on using external drives for now?

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is also installing from disc super slowly after the first 16Gb, it's almost like its downloading the rest of the 30Gb.
I'm using a seagate expansion with no issues at all.

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
Whats up with headsets creating an echo? Headset is wireless btw
Sidetone - My Arctis 7x had it enabled by default. You have to download the PC software, plug the dongle in etc so it pairs with the PC. Then you can change how loud it is / turn it off. You can also edit several other features in the software. Well worth a quick 5 mins

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
No we played monsters 2 together and she played playroom by herself.

anyway. Turns out the temporary logon isn't persistent you have to add the account via settings.
Yea, it says that on the login screen, a one time login that leaves no trace, or add them as an account to the machine.

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
Yesterday I played Demon Souls for the first time after letting it copy and update the game. Today I insert de Demon Souls disc in the PlayStation and it started copying and downloaden the latest update again. Why??

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

This is the sound my PS5 makes while playing a 4K Bluray disc. I already tried putting it on a mousepad and putting pressure on the system at some points to see if it would go away, but that doesn't seem to help. The video makes it sound a bit louder than it is, but I can definitely hear it clearly from my couch. Can anyone test to see if theirs makes a similar sound or nothing at all? It doesn't do this as much when watching a standard Bluray. (Also, this is different from the coil whine sound I'm getting- it's coming from the disc drive)

SolmonGrundy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone unable to play any PS5 games? I cant get past the opening logos for Miles Morales with out the console hard freezing. Been like this since launch.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone unable to play any PS5 games? I cant get past the opening logos for Miles Morales with out the console hard freezing. Been like this since launch.

Let me guess, error CE-108255-1?

I've had this since I opened my console on Monday. Called Sony multiple times, all they told me is wait cause we're working on a patch lol. I'm so frustrated, this shit sucks when everyone else is having fun.