• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Is anyone's disc drive really loud? I can hear it during a movie and it's almost like it's vibrating which is pretty annoying. Might have to get a replacement from Sony.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Cross posting from another thread I posted this in:

So I've been spending some time in some av forums and the PS5 is definitely the issue with a HDMI handshake issue to achieve 4K/hdr.

if you run the PS5 directly to the tv or projector you can run 4K and HDR simultaneously if your tv supports it. However, if you run through a receiver of any kind, you are limited in choosing either 4K or HDR. This is not a issue of the receiver software. It has been duplicated across brands and people can see the signal it's sending. Somehow the PS5 interprets receivers as not capable of both.

Hopefully Sony fixes this in a future update. Just thought I'd let people know before they pull their hair out trying to fix a component.

This is not universal. We had a long discussion in another thread that some receivers need certain modes enabled to pass through the high bandwith the PS5 produces. Several of us have Yamaha receivers without HDMI 2.1 (several years old) and we are getting 4k HDR pass through with no issues once all settings are appropriately set. That is, the receiver has various HDMI modes based on what you want to pass through and you need to enable the correct one, it has nothing to do with the PS5, it's entirely a receiver settings issue.
After reading these post, is this issue fixable or are some people just not setting up correctly. I've exhausted all options and RGB can only be selected with 720p or 1080p resolutions on PS5.

So weird as I used to be able to get RGB but now the PS5 says I cant due to limitations of HDMI 2.0
This is the same for me. I'm using the same HDMI High-Speed cable for PS4 Pro and it transferred 4K 60Hz RGB just fine. My PS5 doesn't want to know!

I downloaded Days Gone and Spelunky 2 directly on the PS5 (didn't transfer them).
I'm starting to be suspicious that having ps4 games on the system could be an issue. I have 0 ps4 games and 0 issues
Yeah, I played it really safe by used discs and downloading updates. Stayed well away from transferring data from PS4. So far so good.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
After reading these post, is this issue fixable or are some people just not setting up correctly. I've exhausted all options and RGB can only be selected with 720p or 1080p resolutions on PS5.

This is the same for me. I'm using the same HDMI High-Speed cable for PS4 Pro and it transferred 4K 60Hz RGB just fine. My PS5 doesn't want to know!

Yeah, I played it really safe by used discs and downloading updates. Stayed well away from transferring data from PS4. So far so good.

Despite people trying to correct me, it seems to be an issue with the PS5 that will require a firmware update. To quote another thread I'm in about this here's a summary:

To summarise:
  • On the PS5, 4K HDR does not work with some receivers and soundbars; this is for both 60 Hz and 120 Hz
  • The PS5 "Video Information Screen" shows that 4K HDR is supported, but HDR does not turn on.
  • For other devices such as the PS4 Pro, Xbox, and 4K Bluray players; 4K HDR does work using the same equipment.
  • 4K HDR does work if connected directly to the TV
  • It's not the HDMI cables - another user below is able to get it to work with their HDMI 2.0 equipment by using the supplied cable between PS5 and receiver, and another HDMI 2.1 cable between receiver and TV. I've yet to try this.
  • It's not the "enhanced mode / ultra deep colour mode" as that is already turned on
  • It's unlikely related to the 4K 120 Hz HDMI chip issue affecting Panasonic, Denon etc. because it also affects 4K 60 Hz devices
  • It is likely an EDID / Handshake issue between the PS5 and setup.
  • Hoping it's a fix that will come via firmware update

Now. Some people's issues IS that your enhanced HDMI is not setup correctly. If that's you, you need to make sure to switch your TV and receiver to "enhanced mode" based on the settings. This however, is not the same issue and therefore not a solution to the issue I have been articulating.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Found out I can exchange my PS5 through target but only thing is I gotta wait for it to be in stock in store lol. Which I guess maybe Black Friday would be it?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
This is not universal. We had a long discussion in another thread that some receivers need certain modes enabled to pass through the high bandwith the PS5 produces. Several of us have Yamaha receivers without HDMI 2.1 (several years old) and we are getting 4k HDR pass through with no issues once all settings are appropriately set. That is, the receiver has various HDMI modes based on what you want to pass through and you need to enable the correct one, it has nothing to do with the PS5, it's entirely a receiver settings issue.

I've been doing a lot of research on this the last few days and I think you're somewhat incorrect here. I'm not trying to argue with you too much, but I think your confidence that it's NOT the PS5 is misplaced as that is far from being verified at this point.

It is clearly not a universal issue. However, MANY people are having the same issue with MANY receivers. ALL of these people have 4k/HDR working with EVERY other device. ALL of us have made sure it's supported, set to enhance, etc. We can measure the output, we are not being told in the options that we can't turn out HDR. It looks like this:

11bbe563-5c99-4bb8-add4-7dc090ee9b2b-jpeg.3058023

However, when we change it to HDR (which it does allow). It simply does not stay selected when you exit. If you change it and say "adjust HDR" it says it's not selected.

Again, to repeat myself. I have a 4k blu ray player, ps4 pro, xbox series x, etc. all run this content fine. Same with many others. The one thing that doesn't work for all of us? The PS5.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Has anyone else got the constant "LAN cable disconnected" and "LAN cable reconnected" messages? I saw some other users on reddit with the problem but haven't seen if it's been determined to be faulty LAN ports or not. I don't use rest mode and sometimes the wired LAN connection will work fine, but a lot of times it will constantly disconnect/reconnect. Using the same cable and router I did with my PS4 which had no issues.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I have an issue where I can't download Uncharted 4. My PS5 tells me that I already own it, but there's a tiny lock on it.
Because it says I own it, it won't let me even download it via the PS + Collection either, and just says "unavailable".

Tried restoring licenses, but no joy.

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I have an issue where I can't download Uncharted 4. My PS5 tells me that I already own it, but there's a tiny lock on it.
Because it says I own it, it won't let me even download it via the PS + Collection either, and just says "unavailable".

Tried restoring licenses, but no joy.

Try downloading it from the phone app.

The same happened to me with the Final Fantasy XV DLC Episodes. The console store would say that they are already installed even if they didn't show up on the game.

Going to the phone app store and downloading them from there did the trick.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how to get a wired connection working?

I've always plugged my consoles in. I had a PS4Pro prior which was wired. Upon putting it in the OneX after I sold my Pro I couldn't successfully connect it and the same with the PS5. I thought it would just plug and go but it fails. Not sure where it's going wrong.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Try downloading it from the phone app.

The same happened to me with the Final Fantasy XV DLC Episodes. The console store would say that they are already installed even if they didn't show up on the game.

Going to the phone app store and downloading them from there did the trick.

Thanks, it seems to be working; says download queued!

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Okay so my problem is with the audio. The PS5 is connected to HDMI port 3 on the LG B9 tv and the Soundbar is connected via the arc. My problem is with the dialogue, i.e. whenever I'm playing Miles or any other game with dialogue you can't hear the dialogue whatsoever yet you can hear explosions etc. I have the same problem with playing UHD Blu ray films, can hear background dialogue but everything is either muffled or you can't hear it whatsoever. I've changed the bitstream and the sound output to tv, sound bar and amp in the settings of the PS5 and changed the bitstream in the settings when playing a film and nothing has worked

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't really an issue, but the PS5 stays on for ages after entering rest mode. PS4 was a minute or so where it synced saves. This is still going, minutes later

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
This is a question about 4k/120hz/HDR. My TV is HDMI 2.1 so i thought I'd be able to get all three of those at the same time but whenever I activate the 120hz mode in COD or Dirt 5 it disables HDR. Is this normal or am I missing some kind of option?

TV is Samsung q80t.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
How on earth do you move ps4 games from external to internal. I do the copy, i see the bar go across for a few minutes, then it completes but nothing has actually moved. The game is still external and nothing has changed?

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like my ps5 tells me that the battery is low on my dualshock 4 when it isn't... Anyone else?

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I have my PS5 hooked up to a Samsung UE65NU8070. The specification for this TV says that it supports HDR. When I try to turn HDR on in the Video Output menu, it says the TV doesn't support it. I have the TV connected to the 2nd HDMI port as I read that HDR may only be supported on a few ports.

Any help would be most welcome.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm still so crushed that my PS5 died on the first day (as posted a few pages back). I think it hits harder this year because the launch is one of the few things we looked forward to. And I had a second preorder in and cancelled it shortly ago so that others could also have their console on day 1. Now I don't know when things will be fixed even after calling Sony... Have to get back to them again. It's just a terrible feeling. I always wanted to play Demon's Souls and ironically couldn't because my PS3 just wouldn't function anymore. You could swap 3 with 5 now!

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so crushed that my PS5 died on the first day (as posted a few pages back). I think it hits harder this year because the launch is one of the few things we looked forward to. And I had a second preorder in and cancelled it shortly ago so that others could also have their console on day 1. Now I don't know when things will be fixed even after calling Sony... Have to get back to them again. It's just a terrible feeling. I always wanted to play Demon's Souls and ironically couldn't because my PS3 just wouldn't function anymore. You could swap 3 with 5 now!

Same here. Bought Miles day one, and on day one I couldn't even play It. Feels like a waste of time getting all excited. Now it's just disheartening.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had issues with wifi speeds, seems like my modem needed a firmware update which the ISP tech did on the phone. Speeds are good now.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
How do you see your trophy percentage number showing how much you need to level up to the next one? I can't seem to see it on ps5 but could on ps4 and 3?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Question. My partners secondary psn account doesn't stay logged in or even recognised. We've had to re-log her in three times when playing something together‽
The result of which is also that all her progress in playroom is lost (she doesn't have ps+).

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm starting to be suspicious that having ps4 games on the system could be an issue. I have 0 ps4 games and 0 issues

Possibly but I have PS4 games on the internal and external HDD and play/move/download no problem. I play Apex and Genshin almost every night.
The only crash I had ( CE-108262-9 ) was when I turned on my PS5 (not rest mode) with the external HDD connected and it crashed.

So now I just "safely remove" from Storage options then disconnect and proceed to turn off or rest mode console.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Okay so my problem is with the audio. The PS5 is connected to HDMI port 3 on the LG B9 tv and the Soundbar is connected via the arc. My problem is with the dialogue, i.e. whenever I'm playing Miles or any other game with dialogue you can't hear the dialogue whatsoever yet you can hear explosions etc. I have the same problem with playing UHD Blu ray films, can hear background dialogue but everything is either muffled or you can't hear it whatsoever. I've changed the bitstream and the sound output to tv, sound bar and amp in the settings of the PS5 and changed the bitstream in the settings when playing a film and nothing has worked
I think I fixed it for good now. I connected the PS5 directly to the sound bar and everything seems to be working as it should (knock wood). Although I tried out the UHD Revenge of the Sith first to see how things were and it made me panic but it turns out the sound mixing in that is fucking dire

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
AC Valhalla Froze completely for like 20 seconds but fixed itself. That was the only problem after 2 days and several hours with DS and AC:V.
Is it me or did most of the really serious problems pop up relatively quickly after the first set-up? It feels like after the first 2 days, the reports of (newly) bricked systems, constant error etc have dried up.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
AC Valhalla Froze completely for like 20 seconds but fixed itself. That was the only problem after 2 days and several hours with DS and AC:V.
Is it me or did most of the really serious problems pop up relatively quickly after the first set-up? It feels like after the first 2 days, the reports of (newly) bricked systems, constant error etc have dried up.

If you search up at least on Twitter and reddit, "PS5 108255" you'll see a lot of new tweets of people who can't play their PS5 or PS4 games just like me. And some are popping up from the global launch. So the bricked consoles imo haven't dried up yet.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm watching my friends stream on twitch how do I picture smaller so that I can play something while I watch?

Oct 27, 2017
System had its first hard crash today- shutdown during miles morales. a Patch for ghosts of tsushima was downloading in the background on the external- I think that's what caused it. Have played hours of demons souls and Spider-Man with no issue so this concerning...
Wife's ps5 also crashed today- rest mode crash- was downloading a destiny update in rest mode, but when i checked it it was fully off and went through the error cycle upon turning on. No external for hers and no game was suspended. Definitely seems to be an issue around downloading updates. with very few issues until today, there is no way we have 2 busted ps5's so it must be a firmware issue. Get it together Sony!

Denogginizer

Apr 14, 2019
Have had two update errors involving PS4 games. FIFA 21 and Ghost of Tsushima. Both are on disc installed on an external SSD drive. Ghost update error caused a system crash.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just tried playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PS5 but it acts like the DLC isn't installed. Can't redownload it either and the store shows it as not purchased. I tried restoring licenses but it didn't do anything? I have no clue what's going on.
edit: nvm, totally forgot I redeemed it on a different PS store, heh.

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had Destiny 2 on my PS4 external SSD and hooked it up to the PS5. It was patched to 2.02 and lowered the size to 59 GB. Then I copied it to the PS5's internal drive in preparation for the upcoming December upgrade. Today it started getting patch 2.03 and downloaded 59 GB again - the whole thing basically. Then I got an error saying that it can't complete copying. I have plenty of space on my PS5 internal, like 400 GB free. I ended up deleting it because it wanted me to download 59 GB again. Any idea what happened there?

I'm going to wait until the December ugprade and then re-download from scratch.

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry for the repost of my issue here, but I feel like this threat is a bit more on topic-

I felt like my comment from the thread here may warrant its own post: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jsiu0w/anyone_else_get_the_database_has_corrupted_now/

I'm running into what I believe to be the same exact problem here - and I'm not entirely sure what the problem actually is, but my PSN account has almost over ten thousand game licenses and over a thousand PS4/PS5 games available which I possibly attribute to the problem (I usually grab every free game + addon that's available - thanks Wario64).

I first noticed this issue shortly after powering up my PS5 and getting it set up. I went into my Game Library right after the first power up / setup, and saw all of my games with the lock icon next to them. I thought maybe at first, the console wasn't set as my primary somehow, but prior to setting up my PS5 I disassociated my PS4 with my account, and during setup it should have attached to my account.

I'm familiar with running the Restore License functionality on PS4, so after doing a little bit of digging around I decided to run that and see if it would speed things up / fix it. So I headed over to " Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licenses" and ran it, but here's where my problems began, the job took a bit to start, but about halfway through it or so roughly is when I got hit with the "Database Corrupted" error message you describe above.

After that, the console prompted me to acknowledge and rebooted. It came back up, and didn't really seem to have made a difference after doing the database rebuild from what I can recall. From here I started to look into doing a PS5 Full System reinstallation using the information here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/

So, after completing a full reinstallation of the system software things seemed pretty good at first. I proceeded to configure my system settings to my liking (Performance Mode / Low Power Usage / No Menu Music) and download Demons Souls from my game library, and then a couple other things too like the Soundtrack for it and a few PS4 games. Played the game for a bit and it I feel like I noticed a little bit of lag / FPS drops during it (playing in Performance Mode settings) but that may have just been the game and not the console, not entirely sure but for what its worth.

Now a bit later I decided to grab and start download more of my back catalog over to get things setup on its new home on my PS5, so I queued up probably about 20 or so games to download and install over. I also at this point went ahead and downloaded my Cloud Sync data from games that were uploaded from my PS4, and then went ahead and started to download some Media Apps (Netflix/etc) and as mentioned before, I typically go through and install/download everything available. Now here's where problems begin again, part 2...

So, the store pages for these apps becomes slow as molasses shortly after queueing up a handful of these new apps and making these "purchases" for the licenses against my account. The console then starts to exhibit behavior just like it did out of the box after doing my license restore, and sure enough I get a prompt to rebuild the database after a bit of slowdown. I also encountered a download/installation error with at least one of the applications in the download queue at this time, I believe it was Youtube but I don't think its anything in particular with that app, it just was the victim during the slowdown and failed.

So after this, my console essentially doesn't "repair" itself back to the normal speed. Library of games all have the lock, and it seems like my "licenses" are out of wack again, and system performance is slower than anticipated. Sometimes moving around in the Media section of the dashboard is super slow to do anything at all.

So here I am right now, I'm just finishing up my second reinstallation and setup of my PS5. What I did ahead of this one, is I tried to download or purchase as much as I could from the web store without using the console, and tried to obtain the licenses of various things ahead of time from my goofed system setup (Share Factory, PS+ Addons, etc). This go around, I'm going to leave my console at the Game Library for approximately 30 minutes to do all of its "Licensing Things" and then proceed to only download Demons Souls and my save data for it, no other games/etc for the time being. I also noticed that my Game Library license count as another comment mentioned did drop by one, for me it went from 1,022 to 1,021 (Update: and again now down to 1,020) after sitting on the screen for an extended bit of time as well.

So this is where I'm at right now.. my guess or interpretation of the issue is something on the system software level, at least I hope. And some sort of memory leak when it has too much data to work with, or possibly some sort of corrupt license or something in the mix here. Not entirely sure, but I'm hoping there will be a system software update soon to rectify this and that it's not hardware.
Hi there did you sort the locked games? 99% of my games are showing as locked and all digital and on my main account. They're all ones from before I sold my PS4 and removed it as my primary. I'm utterly lost and it soured my first day with the console sadly. I've tried restoring etc

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
How on earth do you move ps4 games from external to internal. I do the copy, i see the bar go across for a few minutes, then it completes but nothing has actually moved. The game is still external and nothing has changed?
Are you sure it hasn't moved? Sometimes I'll still see the games there until I back out of the storage menu and go back in and refresh it.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
If you search up at least on Twitter and reddit, "PS5 108255" you'll see a lot of new tweets of people who can't play their PS5 or PS4 games just like me. And some are popping up from the global launch. So the bricked consoles imo haven't dried up yet.

Yeah, I didn't express my thoughts correctly.
I meant that it seems like the 108255 error mostly comes up very quickly after setting up the system and not after a few days running without problems.
But yeah, I'm mostly just anxious AF it will happen to me too and I'm trying to find anything like a pattern to ease my mind XD it almost makes me not want to play on the system until we have official word on the issues but I realize that's stupid.

I hope Sony soon acknowledges the issue and can tell whether it's a hardware or software problem. Hopefully the latter.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I may be one of the lucky ones in which the last system update may have did something for me. I haven't had a crash since, and I've been playing Spider Man and Cold War like crazy. Either that or plugging the console directly into the wall actually did something, but that seems really doubtful.

I've been using an external HD and rest mode since the beginning. Only precaution I'm taking is closing games before going into rest mode. They load so fast it not like it really matters anyway.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I may be one of the lucky ones in which the last system update may have did something for me. I haven't had a crash since, and I've been playing Spider Man and Cold War like crazy. Either that or plugging the console directly into the wall actually did something, but that seems really doubtful.

I've been using an external HD and rest mode since the beginning. Only precaution I'm taking is closing games before going into rest mode. They load so fast it not like it really matters anyway.

Is there a new update since this past Tuesdays?

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
If you're noticing colour banding at 4K 120hz, looks like there's no full chroma / 4:4:4 at 4K 120Hz possible on PS5 due to the HDMI port pushing 32Gbps only.

[Edit: So rumour is this will be patched?]

Last edited:

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
This is more about the controller than the console but does anyone else's hands start to hurt after using the controller for a bit? My hands never hurt with the DS4 or the Xbox controller so I was surprised. I'm not holding it any differently from them.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a TV setting or a console setting to control the sound source? Mile and Watch Dogs Legion when I started up the game there is no VA as it only background sound. It looks like it diverts to 7.1 when I only use TV speakers. I was able to adjust in the menu in Miles but nothing in Watch Dogs.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
'Something went wrong'

Had that so my game didn't install at all. Tried it again, same thing, so I cancelled the process (both disc and download update), disabled automatic updates and started again. No error message this time, I'll just have to check for updates after disc installation has been completed.

So disable automatic updates and install the base game first. Maybe it'll work better for people.

Son_of_Oden

Feb 27, 2020
No install from disc: Miles Morales, Sackboy

When I inserted MM my PS5 wouldnt start installing, pressing "copy" didn't help either. Rebooted, worked.
Sackboy the same but ejected and inserted the disc again without reboot, worked.
Demons Souls worked without problems.

Is this a known bug or should I worry about my drive or OS?

Edit: maybe I should have read the last post first. ^^

Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone's disc drive really loud? I can hear it during a movie and it's almost like it's vibrating which is pretty annoying. Might have to get a replacement from Sony.
I noticed the thin white panels of my PS5 vibrate with the disc spinning up sometimes. If I squeeze the overhanging parts at the top toward the center black area it stops the vibration and dampens the sound quite a bit.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Sony hotline: "We apologize for the waiting. It will approximately be longer than 30 minutes." WTF? Poor support personnel though. I got through yesterday but I am absolutely unable to put the process of sending the console back to them in motion because their hardware support website is not up yet for this. You cannot enter the code you got from them or the serial number like you could for older consoles. The e-mail points you to a useless site (https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/#/) that at the moment is only good for online guide troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Adan0s

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, extremely loud. Thought the PS4 drive was loud but this one tops that easily. Installing games (haven't watched a movie yet) is so damn loud that I have to turn up the volume on the tv quite a bit.
My PS5 is standing vertically. Will try later today if the noise changes laying it down horizontally. If not I think my drive is faulty. Just like my fan makes a permanent whirring, even in rest mode...