• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I avoided transferring any ps4 data, only using WiFi, not using any rear ports and turned off rest mode, so far it has worked flawlessly.

I swear the ps4 data is where I read about most issues

avince

Dec 26, 2018
I tried to install the disc version of Persona 5 Royal on my PS5 and midway through installation, the game disc ejects itself. Anyone else have this issue and knows how to fix it? I attempted to install it again and it happened again.

I recently installed another PS4 game and had no issues.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a problem with the games installations. I install a game and I can play it without problem but when I remove it from the console the installation is completely erased. And when I put it back, I need to install it again. It has happened to me with Demon's Souls (twice) and Miles Morales.

Has it happened to anyone or do you know anything about how to solve it? I hope, no matter how hard it is, that it can be solved with firmware because, as it is something of hardware, I will be without a console until a month from now at least...

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to report that Astro's Playroom crashed once while crushing a tin in the gacha game. The game crashed, I sent the report to Sony, but right away I was able to press the game icon again in the menu and I was again with the tin in the hand, so it seems that the game actually never closed so weird.

This happened to me as well, the can was too much for the PS5 to handle.

Agamer92

Jan 12, 2018
Anyone having issues downloading games. I can't seem to download games and getting error code WS-116483-3. My PS5 got stuck in start up at download media apps. I did a reset and it seems I can't download anything

Edit: Restoring Licences fixed my issue

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Couple of things if I can get some help please:

1. Why are my PS4 games "locked"? Not all but the big ones have little lock symbols on them. TLOU Pt. 2, Ghost, etc.

2. I copied Sackboy off the disc and played a good 30 minutes but once i removed the disc it was gone. Same with Valhalla.
I have this issue too, and you can go do a Restore License but every time I do that I get Database Corruption. Alternatively you can let it sit in your game library and idle for like 30 minutes and see if that fixes it, but restoring licenses at least for me causes database corruption 100% of the time and will cause the issue to come back.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've got a problem with the games installations. I install a game and I can play it without problem but when I remove it from the console the installation is completely erased. And when I put it back, I need to install it again. It has happened to me with Demon's Souls (twice) and Miles Morales.

Has it happened to anyone or do you know anything about how to solve it? I hope, no matter how hard it is, that it can be solved with firmware because, as it is something of hardware, I will be without a console until a month from now at least...

Same thing happening to me, same games. Saw on reddit to just let your PS5 install the games and not press the copy button. Can take up to 4 to 5 min for The machine to start installing. Havent tried it yet.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
a friend in Bulgaria just unboxed his today delivered ps5 and his AC odyssey disc keeps freezing during the first cutscene, re-installed, finished updating supposedly.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Watch Dogs Legion PS4 Disc doesn't appear to have the PS5 upgrade visible.

I can find it for Miles Morales and can switch between the 2 versions but can't see anything for WD, anyone else seen similar? I did see a discussion on Reddit with a few other UK people having the same issue but no fixes yet.

Aku

Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys. Unfortunately I am having a crash every time I tried to boot a game. I have tried Astro and Spiderman so far. I have just tried doing a system reset from the safe mode. Still failing... Any ideas?

I have it connected to a AV Receiver but the issues I can see related to Receivers are not about crashes. I also tried disabling WiFi as one of the comments was suggesting. One thing to notice is that it always crashes in the same moment.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hey guys. Unfortunately I am having a crash every time I tried to boot a game. I have tried Astro and Spiderman so far. I have just tried doing a system reset from the safe mode. Still failing... Any ideas?

I have it connected to a AV Receiver but the issues I can see related to Receivers are not about crashes. I also tried disabling WiFi as one of the comments was suggesting. One thing to notice is that it always crashes in the same moment.
Try

-Reinstalling both or all games
-some disc games to see if it also happens

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
While installing Demon's Souls from disc i noticed the console making some weird vibrating/buzzing sound coming from the front right side. It's actually the top plate of the console vibrating and making the sound as the sound disappears if i put something on top of it (like a game cover).

Anyone else noticed this? Found this talking about something similar i think https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jszfrj/ps5_noise/

Resistance100

Jan 13, 2018

Same issues I'm having. More annoying than anything. Hopefully it's resolved fairly soon

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017

I can find it for Miles Morales and can switch between the 2 versions but can't see anything for WD, anyone else seen similar? I did see a discussion on Reddit with a few other UK people having the same issue but no fixes yet.

Yep, Valhalla and Watchdogs arent showing the PS5 upgrades, Miles did though and works fine. Ubi only thing maybe?

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
I just got through after trying all this week. Literal pain in the ass. I kept getting hung up on and their online chat kept saying something along the lines of "....unfortunately we can't help you" or "...you're back again?"

Don't even bother with the live chat though. They will just revert you back to the phone.

I did eventually get through myself but, aside from getting an automated survey email, I never got any follow up email indicating that the box to ship back the PS5 was confirmed/coming.

Did you?

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Going to have to return my Pulse 3D headset, it's consistently cutting out - googled, read loads on reddit, fiddled with wireless channels, moved it away from external HDD's, still keeps cutting out and struggling. Refund time.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Wonder if it's an EU thing, WD Legion PS4 disc shows PS5 version here. I even deleted the PS4 version and just have the PS5 version

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
So incredibly sad that my new console is broken. I had all sorts of trouble when transferring my PS4 data. Then at 85%, it stopped and the console told me it had to go back to default settings. I had to plug in a USB with the system software downloaded from the web. It worked, I got to the main menu, initiated the download for three games and was so happy. And then all I heard was a loud cracking sound from the TV, and now when I press the console it just lights up blue for like one second. No safe mode, nothing :/

Sony has agreed to send the console in for repair now, but it will take at least 21 days. Also, my processing number CANNOT be entered on the hardware support site yet to initiate the send-in process that the e-mail told me https://hardware.support.playstation.com/de_DE#/

I'm starting to get very annoyed. Anyone been able to initiate the process yet today?

Anyone able to offer any other help or insight?

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
So incredibly sad that my new console is broken. I had all sorts of trouble when transferring my PS4 data. Then at 85%, it stopped and the console told me it had to go back to default settings. I had to plug in a USB with the system software downloaded from the web. It worked, I got to the main menu, initiated the download for three games and was so happy. And then all I heard was a loud cracking sound from the TV, and now when I press the console it just lights up blue for like one second. No safe mode, nothing :/

Sony has agreed to send the console in for repair now, but it will take at least 21 days. Also, my processing number CANNOT be entered on the hardware support site yet to initiate the send-in process that the e-mail told me https://hardware.support.playstation.com/de_DE#/

I'm starting to get very annoyed. Anyone been able to initiate the process yet today?

Anyone able to offer any other help or insight?
IMO, the best place to return it is where you bought it.

Also it's too late for that advice but that's the best reason to buy from a reputable place with good service. The store is usually responsible for the first few days, and I would only go through warranty claims if it's months down the road.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
IMO, the best place to return it is where you bought it.

Also it's too late for that advice but that's the best reason to buy from a reputable place with good service. The store is usually responsible for the first few days, and I would only go through warranty claims if it's months down the road.

I will try that tomorrow. It's Media Markt, a large retail chain here in Germany. Though I bought it in the online store, their phone hotline (on band, no human voice) told me I should go to one of their stores with the product directly.

Last edited:

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Are you getting the error CE-108255-1?

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
As far as you know, has anyone had issues playing PS4 games off the internal?
No issues on my end. FWIW, I've never had a USB drive attached to my PS5, so all my PS4 games were digital purchases prior to launch, and they are saved to the internal SSD.

Was playing Little Hope last night with no problems.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Apparently some users on reddit are reporting Sony just sent them replacement PS5s w/o notifying them?? Lol I hope I get so lucky still haven't gotten the shipping box yet or anything...

LkSTMby.jpg

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently some users on reddit are reporting Sony just sent them replacement PS5s w/o notifying them?? Lol I hope I get so lucky still haven't gotten the shipping box yet or anything...

LkSTMby.jpg

Lol that'd be dope. My PS5 is a literal paperweight and I can't even get through the phone line to send a shipping box.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Going to have to return my Pulse 3D headset, it's consistently cutting out - googled, read loads on reddit, fiddled with wireless channels, moved it away from external HDD's, still keeps cutting out and struggling. Refund time.

weirdly i have this issue when using it with macbook pro, seems fine on pc or ps5, like there is some interference with some configurations, but can't pinpoint it.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that makes sense. They seem to just be some extra system data that apparently needs to be stored to the internal drives. You may notice that when you go to your Game Library, you'll still see those games (though unplayable). If you delete them, they'll also disappear from here.
Now why some of them vary in size from a few MB to over a GB... I don't know. It's a mystery.

On PS4 if you were to delete them and plug the external drive back in, the system would need to "cache" them all over again. You also lost their locations in folders if you had any.

What's extra buggy about them on PS5 is that if you were to attached a different external drive, the PS5 allows you to "move" these files over because it sees them as PS4 "games".
I can't imagine what kind of weird issues that may cause. I wish they had filters to hide them.

And yes, if you plug your original external back in, they shouldn't appear there.

Ah, good to know. This is the first time I'm using an external drive on a PlayStation system. Not being able to work a USB hub prevented me from using one on the PS4 Pro so I'm at least happy there are two ports this time in the back. I still need to test to see if a hub works since semrad said he got it working but Sony claims it's not compatible so I'm curious if that path works but with all the problems people are reporting, I'm not sure it's worth trying right now until things stabilize though.

I'm really curious why they need these small files on the internal drive and why they only show up when the drive is disconnected. I wonder what they accomplish. I probably wouldn't put much more thought about it if they were all small, but the fact that some are big when SSD storage is so limited is pretty annoying. When you say plugging the drive back in makes them go away, does that mean they are hidden or does it actually reclaim the space on the SSD? I have to think it's hidden since it can't know ahead of time when you're going to remove the drive.

That bug is amusing while at the same time a tad concerning that they allow that. It feels like how they've implemented this just feels clunky rather than elegant in implementation. On the one hand it's nice that you can reclaim that storage by cleaning it up, but on the other hand it just seems confusing to the end user not knowing what these things are and Sony not telling the end user what they are to know how to manage them

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I currently have a LAN cable inserted for internet and have left the console on rest mode.

Are these both bad ideas?

I've not kept up so much with what seems to be causing issues.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Ah, good to know. This is the first time I'm using an external drive on a PlayStation system. Not being able to work a USB hub prevented me from using one on the PS4 Pro so I'm at least happy there are two ports this time in the back. I still need to test to see if a hub works since semrad said he got it working but Sony claims it's not compatible so I'm curious if that path works but with all the problems people are reporting, I'm not sure it's worth trying right now until things stabilize though.

I'm really curious why they need these small files on the internal drive and why they only show up when the drive is disconnected. I wonder what they accomplish. I probably wouldn't put much more thought about it if they were all small, but the fact that some are big when SSD storage is so limited is pretty annoying. When you say plugging the drive back in makes them go away, does that mean they are hidden or does it actually reclaim the space on the SSD? I have to think it's hidden since it can't know ahead of time when you're going to remove the drive.

That bug is amusing while at the same time a tad concerning that they allow that. It feels like how they've implemented this just feels clunky rather than elegant in implementation. On the one hand it's nice that you can reclaim that storage by cleaning it up, but on the other hand it just seems confusing to the end user not knowing what these things are and Sony not telling the end user what they are to know how to manage them
Agreed, it's just messy all around. And yes, I believe the files are simply hidden when you plug the drive back in.

When I first got the PS5 I plugged in the 8TB HDD which I had been using on the Pro for a long time now. It just about broke the system with how long it was taking to cache the almost 6TB worth of games on there. Going to storage and trying to see the contents would result in a "thinking" loop and never show anything. Left it on overnight to do it's thing too.

Even after unplugging it, the internal storage was unreadable to the number of those "system exclusive" game files there. Eventually even PS5 games like Astro wouldn't even load saying they couldn't be found on the storage...

I decided to reset the system, and plug in the new 8TB SSD external fresh and simply re-download all my library rather than try swapping drives, or transferring from PS4 so that it could cache them slowly as they installed.
So far so good, about 4 TB downloaded, and the system is still speedy.

Oct 27, 2017
System had its first hard crash today- shutdown during miles morales. a Patch for ghosts of tsushima was downloading in the background on the external- I think that's what caused it. Have played hours of demons souls and Spider-Man with no issue so this concerning...

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
How long did it take other folk to download all their PS4 save data? I've been looking at the "Calculating remaining time..." screen for a few minutes now.

Edit: Progress! Whole process took around 15 minutes. Be patient if it seems to be hanging on the first screen

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Damn how long did it take for you to get through? I'm already 30 min in and I'm tired of trying lol.

I had the best luck getting through right before they closed on Friday evening but the damn call dropped lmao! When I called again I was able to get through right when support opened at 9am PST Saturday.

edit: When I was calling b2b on Friday I called prbly like for a straight 45mins before I was finally able to get through before they closed.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
System had its first hard crash today- shutdown during miles morales. a Patch for ghosts of tsushima was downloading in the background on the external- I think that's what caused it. Have played hours of demons souls and Spider-Man with no issue so this concerning...
this might be one of the reasons actually,
background network activity.
dont have any crashes, but was not using the system while its downloading stuff (left for rest mode to download, without anything suspended)

will also turn off auto-updates for games and disable internet for rest mode to have better control of downloads etc.

people with data corruption issues, might want to give this a try.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Reading this thread is not good for my health! Getting my PS5 early December.. hoping there is a few patches and firmware updates before mine arrives!

Doctor Mosh

Oct 29, 2017
turned my ps5 on and got corrupted database message 2 times already. is there a fix? haven´t read the whole thread.

plz help.

Oct 25, 2017
Currently my only issue with the PS5 is that it keeps repairing my SSD whenever I come out of rest mode or cold boot. And this in turn causes the boot times to be longer...

It's super annoying. It's clear that the PS5 has a big issue with waking up SSDs.

Thanks to this bug I cannot put my PS4 games on Rest Mode. I really hope Sony is looking into this...