• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh this update!! Now my console completely turns on itself like 2-3 times every day and stays turned on until the energy saving shuts it down. Fuc this!

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing issues with this update.

My PS5 has just turned itself off from rest mode every day now.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I was commenting earlier that my PS5 media remote died right after installing this update... but after leaving it alone for a few days (with the batteries out if that matters) and then trying a third set of batteries that were freshly charged it is working normally again.

Anke

Mar 12, 2018
Nice to see I'm not the only one dealing with this: the Wi-Fi was glorious before the last update (it is not anecdotal: just after updating, the thing started to lose connection after a while). Before, it was stable and fast, specially when downloading stuff.

In my case, the Wi-Fi lasts longer than yours, but it will always fail and if you try to force it to reconnect, it'll give you the "Something went wrong" (NW-102216-2 code) message at the test connection thingy.

Strangely this only started happening to me today after updating it the day that update came out. Could be because today was the first day since then that I did a big download.
Now after about an hour the wi-fi just goes completely. Shame really as I had to resort to wi-fi after the terrible "LAN cable not connected" issues I had before.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I never noticed my disc spinning hourly, is that the norm to everyone? I'm a bit worried reading this thread.
I haven't had a disc in the system in a while, so I'm not sure if it's still doing it, but it was mostly doing it when I was playing a "free upgrade" game to check if the disc was still there I think.

Early on though, it would check for a disc every hour-ish regardless of what I was playing.
very useful when I'm playing a digital game lol
I would think it's meant for the free upgrade stuff so people don't just borrow a disc from somewhere and then have a free PS5 game once their get rid of the disc?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
It still does the check. I've had RDR2 in the disc tray since launch and there has been no change to the hourly check whether I am playing that game or another.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely not every game. Playing Atelier Ryza 2 right now and it's bright as hell on default settings. Not even sure if there's a brightness slider.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The black crush issue happens for sure. Not sure if it's in every game, but even on PS4 games was noticeable.
I played Infamous Second Son and it was really noticeable. Concrete Genie i don't seem to have it as bad.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Not on every game for sure. Division 2 has it, but it may be related to that game's recent own update that also messed up other visual features.

Allstars, ManEater, RDR 2, GT sport, Last Guardian are fine. They look the same as before the patch for me. I have not changed anything in terms of HDR, TV settings or anything at all.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh 2 still installing the PS4 version from the disc when playing Nioh 2 remaster, so this is definitely not fixed.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yeah it looks like Division 2 was just fixed.

" Patch 1.31 on PS5 adds in the fog and screen space reflections that were missing in version 1.30. The black crush also seems to be fixed on PS5 with patch 1.31. "

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My ps5 media remote stopped working after this update. I've tried changing the batteries and re-connecting the remote to the ps5. It had been acting up a little bit before the update tho, saying things like this device is not supported, but it still worked until today.
My Remote acts up from time to time too, I had to reboot my Ps5 for it to start working correctly again.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Reminder that the PS5 has now been out for 3 months and still doesn't support VRR.

:(
Most games run at locked 60, the list of games that can go to 120 and could take advantage of VRR is pretty short. Even the NIOH remaster is mostly locked at 120 in that mode. It's low on the priority list.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I was commenting earlier that my PS5 media remote died right after installing this update... but after leaving it alone for a few days (with the batteries out if that matters) and then trying a third set of batteries that were freshly charged it is working normally again.
Just saw your post. I was seeing the same errors you were and weeks before the last system update.

In my experience it is related to the batteries being low on juice. I was confused because it was glitching only after a couple months of light daily use. Once I put a fresh pair of batteries in, I was able to pair it again and it's worked great ever since.

My theory was that the batteries that come with it were old, low, or the remote just pulls a lot of energy and thrashes batteries quickly.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Yeah it looks like Division 2 was just fixed.

" Patch 1.31 on PS5 adds in the fog and screen space reflections that were missing in version 1.30. The black crush also seems to be fixed on PS5 with patch 1.31. "
This update only fixed the lack of volumetric fog on the PS5.

On the Ubisoft forum, the Community Manager confirmed that this update was to fix the missing volumetric fog on the PS5.

Black crush is continues to be a problem in Division 2, it is an issue with Hitman 3 (Dartmoor, and Berlin are far too dark). Control is another game that continues to be far too dark (but at least runs without constant crashing like the XSX version). I have all three of these games on both the PS5 and XSX and the black crush continues to be an issue on the PS5. This needs to be addressed by Sony and people need to stop making excuses and suggesting people raise their brightness levels.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
This update only fixed the lack of volumetric fog on the PS5.

On the Ubisoft forum, the Community Manager confirmed that this update was to fix the missing volumetric fog on the PS5.

Black crush is continues to be a problem in Division 2, it is an issue with Hitman 3 (Dartmoor, and Berlin are far too dark). Control is another game that continues to be far too dark (but at least runs without constant crashing like the XSX version). I have all three of these games on both the PS5 and XSX and the black crush continues to be an issue on the PS5. This needs to be addressed by Sony and people need to stop making excuses and suggesting people raise their brightness levels.

I don't know, they look a lot better in this test of the latest patch. 6 min mark
I can't test until the freeze is over.

youtu.be

The Division 2 PS5 Patch 1.31 Frame Rate Test

The Division 2 frame rate test showing the framerate/fps on PS5 with patch 1.31.Subscribe for more gaming tech analysis: http://bit.ly/VGTechSubscribeThe ver...

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Just saw your post. I was seeing the same errors you were and weeks before the last system update.

In my experience it is related to the batteries being low on juice. I was confused because it was glitching only after a couple months of light daily use. Once I put a fresh pair of batteries in, I was able to pair it again and it's worked great ever since.

My theory was that the batteries that come with it were old, low, or the remote just pulls a lot of energy and thrashes batteries quickly.
The batteries that come with it are extremely light, I assume they have a very small capacity. My remote has been working fine but it still occasionally gives that error about connecting it to the console or that it isn't supported. But it still works.