• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you?

• A little hyped

Votes: 98 15.7%
  • A lot of hyped

Votes: 50 8.0%
  • WALNUUUUUTSSSSS

Votes: 222 35.5%
  • Hyped enough to eat this whole bag of walnuts

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • Hyped enough to bite this moose

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Hyped enough to scramble a dozen eggs

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Hyped enough to be even more hyped, like, cyclical or something

Votes: 116 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
Yeah it sounds like it's gonna be a bit lower like I assumed. It's alright though. I think I'll go Xbox first just for third party but than def get the ps5 as soon as possible for those exclusives.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
What specifics is there to tell about tera floating points per second?
Are they trolling with that FP16 figure or baking in the ray-tracing figure like MS did with it's 25TF of ray-tracing power? :p
He probably means clock and compute unit count, which is what these threads have been obsessing over for years.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Even then it still isn't a valid performance metric as Vega quite clearly shows. No two different GPUs are ever truly identical in everything except their TFs.
Vega isn't applicable here. The CU counts will be very close and we have no reason to believe thus far that it will be limited in the way Vega was.
I was talking to different developers and they have told me that the differences are going to be elsewhere. I am not a tech guy, but I prefer to stick with what they say.
The differences impacting framerates and resolutions?

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I was at least near with my 24.03. prediction. Looking forward to my new toilet or Nicolas Cage avatar, or perhaps an avatar of Nicolas Cage on a toilet. I read pretty much all the next gen threads religiously, even if I didn't participate. It was really informative and interesting, a big thanks to all the thread regulars who made it enjoyable. Looking forward to the mid-gen console speculation thread, and hopefully avatar bets like this one again.
This is my (overly optimistic, I know) prediction:
11.2 tf GPU
3.5 ghz CPU
either a full 20gb gddr6 on 320-bit bus with 560 gb/s or #teamHBM
1 tb ssd, 5 gb/s

BGs

3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer
Verified
Jan 21, 2020
How are you feeling today?
Oh! Sorry! I thought I had posted it here too. I have gotten up better, it is slow but little by little. It is a little wobbly. But respuratory problems seem to be going better. Thanks for the interedt. It is a shame that there cannot add "Likes" to the messages (or can?).

15 minutes to go.

Cheers.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! Sorry! I thought I had posted it here too. I have gotten up better, it is slow but little by little. It is a little wobbly. But respuratory problems seem to be going better. Thanks for the interedt. It is a shame that there cannot add "Likes" to the messages (or can?).

15 minutes to go.

Cheers.
Cheers! And has anybody correctly solved your puzzle?

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
Sony was way ahead of its time when it came to remote play. They first did it on PSP a long time ago, but it was rather half-baked. Remote play fared better on Vita as all games from PS4 had to be supported, but the underlying networking tech available at that time was not very robust, hence the experience left a lot to be desired.

However, with the advent of the likes of WiFi 6, and the fact that modern smartphones and tablets accompany some incredibly high-end tech, I believe this is the right time for Sony to refocus on remote play with PS5, especially with integration of PSNow to make the experience available everywhere you go.

If remote play is made just as convenient as the share button made capturing photos/videos, then in a way it would feel like an inverse Nintendo Switch. I mean Switch is primarily an underclocked ARM/Tegra-based handheld with a convenient and easy to use secondary function of connecting it to a TV which allows the system to cloak higher compared to its handheld mode. In a similar way, A robust remote play can make PS5 (which's primarily a high-end console) to easily project a screen to any of your other portable displays that you can take anywhere in the home and outside (and that would be its secondary function).

Innovations in such areas are what I am hoping to see with PS5, not just a higher spec bumps alone.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
If the GPU is actually equivalent to a 9TF GPU, I have a hard time believing this thing can properly ray trace... the mid-tier RTX cards really can't handle it very well. Hard to imagine building your new console around a GPU that can hardly function in an emerging graphics tech. Could be trouble.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Can't believe it's happening! It's been fun discussing this with everyone for this long.

Locking in my TF prediction: 11.2-11.6.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Morning Era

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.