• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you?

• A little hyped

Votes: 98 15.7%
  • A lot of hyped

Votes: 50 8.0%
  • WALNUUUUUTSSSSS

Votes: 222 35.5%
  • Hyped enough to eat this whole bag of walnuts

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • Hyped enough to bite this moose

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Hyped enough to scramble a dozen eggs

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Hyped enough to be even more hyped, like, cyclical or something

Votes: 116 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
My thought is that the weirdness will be the controller having some unique features like the sensory stuff that was leaked in the patents. If the PS5 is under 10tflops and they are near the price of the Series X, the question becomes how did Sony spend their budget in search of innovation. I am excited to see what they show.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
something tells me Jason might know the information in this video already, atleast the TF stuff. Not sure why else he'd say that.

I don't think he would have labeled it as a prediction if that's the case. He might have heard some whispers/rumors but if he knew for sure he would have phrased it differently or just not said anything at all.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Schreier's comments today make it sound like maybe the PS5 isn't going to be the worst case scenario (9tf), but still notably under the Series X 12.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'd like to give a shout out to zomgbbqftw Phoenix Splash Mecha Meister and Transistor for their excellent services in OPing these threads since OT1.

Y'all the MVP here.

giphy.gif
Damn, we're really saying goodbye huh 😢

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
User banned (1 week): Peddling unverified insider information. History of similar behavior.
The number will be said but without specifics as far as I know.
from my ass

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just under 60 mins left, been reading/lurking since OT1 and it's been one hell of a ride, just a shout out to a few such as chris1515, gofreak and lady gaia, plus the rest that have already been mentioned, thanks for your input to these threads and your insights.

Spec time:

#teamklee - tf from 11.6 to 12.9
#teamhbm so they aren't carbon copies of each other, 12 or 16gb hbm2 and 8gb ddr4
Ssd - 5gb/s
Zen2 at 3.6ghz

Secret sauce will be the ssd tech and something around their plans for vr.

Hope klee comes back after the reveals.

Oh one last thing #teamrubberducky show us those glorious raytraced ducks in the bath with cerny.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Time to take a break from this thread. Looks like all the insiders got some info and i dont want this shit spoiled at the last minute.
Imma doing the same. I'm sat here with a bottle of red at 3pm uk and a day off work ready to listen to the soft voice of Mr C. I've been waiting years for this and no 1 minute of fame from an insider going to ruin it for me.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
twitter.com

Matt Phillips on Twitter

“As a 15 year+ games programmer with 24 triple-A titles released on every Nintendo, Microsoft, and PlayStation machine under the sun, neither I nor anyone else in my field has *ever* used "teraflop" as a unit of measurement of any kind. Just drop the word, it's utterly meaningless”

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
twitter.com

Matt Phillips on Twitter

“As a 15 year+ games programmer with 24 triple-A titles released on every Nintendo, Microsoft, and PlayStation machine under the sun, neither I nor anyone else in my field has *ever* used "teraflop" as a unit of measurement of any kind. Just drop the word, it's utterly meaningless”
When you have identical architectures (essentially), TF is the easiest way to assess performance differences.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are you judging significance?

The insiders have said that these machines are comparable. Who knows? You may very well be right :)
Just based on previous precedence as well as the nuggets we keep hearing from various leaks. Nobody's worried about the TF number so I guess the excitement is due to advancement in an area we probably havent focussed on.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
It was a pleasure guys. The end is nigh. So I will leave you all with this

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My fanboys, I'll say it clear
I'll state my flops of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I fast traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
I gamed it my way

Respawns, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And camped it through without exemption
I planned each uncharted course
Each careful step along the byway
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When konky bit off more than he could chew
But through it all, when there was github doubt
I ate it up and raytraced it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Its been one hell of a ride folks. This tab has been open in my browser for ages... now I finally et to close it.

See you all in the deep dive thread.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
It was a pleasure guys. The end is nigh. So I will leave you all with this

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My fanboys, I'll say it clear
I'll state my flops of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I fast traveled each and every highway
I gamed it my way

Respawns, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And camped it through without exemption
I planned each uncharted course
Each careful step along the byway
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When konky bit off more than he could chew
But through it all, when there was github doubt
I ate it up and raytraced it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
👏

nss

Apr 10, 2018
52 mins. Extremely excited! I was worried it was going to be a 5-10 min video.

I hope it's within 1 TF of the XSX, so that the console warring will hopefully be to a minimum as time goes on.

MS has delivered and by the excitement from devs it seems Sony will be as well. I'm so stupidly giddy, I feel 25 years younger than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.