• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you?

• A little hyped

Votes: 98 15.7%
  • A lot of hyped

Votes: 50 8.0%
  • WALNUUUUUTSSSSS

Votes: 222 35.5%
  • Hyped enough to eat this whole bag of walnuts

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • Hyped enough to bite this moose

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Hyped enough to scramble a dozen eggs

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Hyped enough to be even more hyped, like, cyclical or something

Votes: 116 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
I want to be more excited but the coronavirus mess has taken all my energy. So I get why this is not making all the impact it should, specially for the mainstream public.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (1 week): Platform wars. Trolling. History of similar behavior.
The videos and our article are being shared like bonkers. It is definitely making a splash.

I understand your point but when you can use the very accurate twitter trending and google search metrics then it's very clear no one cares about the Series X ;)

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I want to be more excited but the coronavirus mess has taken all my energy. So I get why this is not making all the impact it should, specially for the mainstream public.

Yeah its why I'd be surprised if Sony talked about the PS5 at all before August at this point. Things are going to get worse long before they get better here in the states.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Any prior leak/s perfectly lining up with the fully revealed specs? Klee did say slightly over 12 tflops - Another thing he got right.

PS5 reveal can't come soon enough. It's almost embarrassing, the contrast between MS and Sony right now.

Reveal the fucking thing - it's April soon!

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
It's not debatable, though. You can't say a console is weaker due to bad porting. PS3 is definitely the more capable piece of hardware. It just took devs too long to make use of it and their late start didn't help at all.
it's debatable if it was due bad porting ;) also you don't know if naughty dogs would not make u2 on x360 looking the same or ever running smoother (gta5 is probably most impressive game of ps3/x360 generation and run better on x360), but it's ot

Roarschach

Dec 18, 2018
What metrics are you using? Austin Evans' video on the Series X was posted a few hours ago and has 330k views currently. Digital Foundry has posted 2 Series X videos this morning and both have over 100k views.

I think reaching out to hardware focused Youtubers was a good move on Microsoft's part.
Also I see close to 900k views on Instagram. This is however the PS5 thread and should be about PS5.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sony are probably aware of how common this sentiment is and are waiting until things improve.

Still hoping it comes this year because it's the main console I want.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Any prior leak/s perfectly lining up with the fully revealed specs? Klee did say slightly over 12 tflops - Another thing he got right.

PS5 reveal can't come soon enough. It's almost embarrassing, the contrast between MS and Sony right now.

Yes, tommy fisher on the old forum leaked 52CU @ 1.82Ghz and said PS5 is 52CU @ 2ghz.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

In truth, MS reveal left the door wide open fr sony to one-up them. That's because not a single next-gen game was shown at all. Sony can come an talk up specs and features as expected then show a couple of next-gen gams and be showing what those specs can really do and that would be enough for them to have a better showing.

I really don't get how MS decided to do this and not show a single next gen game. Hell, they could have had a small playable snippet of Halo or even cyberpunk or something.

Makes this easier for sony.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Dictator Given that we have a die size now 360mm much shorter than expected 400mm do you think there are difference between xboxsx Vs PS5 CPU. Maybe series X has cut down L3 cache. That would mean Ryzen 1 Vs Ryzen 3 performance

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In truth, MS reveal left the door wide open fr sony to one-up them. That's because not a single next-gen game was shown at all. Sony can come an talk up specs and features as expected then show a couple of next-gen gams and be showing what those specs can really do and that would be enough for them to have a better showing.

I really don't get how MS decided to do this and not show a single next gen game. Hell, they could have had a small playable snippet of Halo or even cyberpunk or something.

Makes this easier for sony.
but MS did show a game when they revealed the console. to me, hellblade 2 is the benchmark for next gen visuals. they have already set the bar literally months ago.

i do agree that sony needs to show games or demos. time for specs is over.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

They can take their time, especially if they have the most powerful console ever.

Xbox wants to get the mindshare early.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
If we ignore GitHub ever existed, then all info prior to it pretty much said we'd have twins with one edging the other slightly on TF.
Yes, I know. I was never a GitHub believer (although I acknowledged it was a real leak of something, just not the final specs of the PS5.) I believed the credible sources who were and still are a 100 % right about the specs.

It's just nice to essentially have it confirmed.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
but MS did show a game when they revealed the console. to me, hellblade 2 is the benchmark for next gen visuals. they have already set the bar literally months ago.

i do agree that sony needs to show games or demos. time for specs is over.

I don't think the HS 2 trailer was anything more than a tech demo, though I think it gives some indication of what to expect. The way they presented it, it seemed they had barely started production.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
They've already shown next gen games.
They have?

You talking about the Hellblade CGI ad Halo thng?

I'm sorry but that doesn't count tome as showing next-gen games running no your new hardware. Especially as it should be shown during a reveal.

Remember how KZ:SF, Driveclub, Infamous were shown? And notice I didn't mention order 1886 even if that was also shown.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Lol the second sentence of the article says "But we're not convinced"

I guess you're right. PS5 is 8TF, as confirmed by a rumour that also stated MS were buying Bluepoint and that the SSD was 1GB/sec. CONFIRMED.

Seems odd to have a complete split with Lockhart still being a thing, and most likely the main competitor to PS5.

Rumours were that Lockhart was going to come later. So once the hardcore have bought their top of the line machines they release Lockhart to start mopping up those who want a taste of next gen but can't afford PS5/XSX.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
I'm curious to see how far Sony went with the Stadia scare. The Microsoft push to mitigate latency and bring games to an instant on state are, to me, far more important than the impressive spec sheet.

It'll be a great generation, that's for sure.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So you think Sony will also go with Vita tier proprietary HDD expansion for PS5?

Bazz Bazz

Feb 5, 2020

Embarrassing?
Sony can wait few months ... almost all people doesn't care right now.
Especially without ANY video games from MS.
As tech guy, I love this new specs, but as a gamer, I'm totally frustrated to see this kind of announcement without any video games.
Is it XBOX GAMES or AMD CPU & GPU announcement?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The threads have been split now because we know basically all the technical specificiations of the xbox series x.
Ah oke. Thank you for telling me instead of some users acting like they are acting.
But still interesting to know WC has been mostly accurate. Even a year ago. Interesting what they say soon about Lockhart again.

Status
Not open for further replies.