• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018

this was biggest issue with the store
now all they need to add is a query asking which version to download wherever I buy a cross-gen game

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
But it doesn't include the "Below" sale. There was even a news post for said sale and it essentially gave me a 404 when I tried to follow the link. Just incredible stuff.

Edit: Seems to be working now, but it sure wasn't earlier.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Great now make it so I don't search for Borderlands by entering the words Final Fantasy

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 feels like launch Switch levels of functionality, relative to where it should be at least. Yeah 2020 went and fucked up everything it touched at least a little bit, but it's really impossible now not to see the logic in MS's decision to continue using and updating their old OS, and developing a cross gen storefront ahead of time, instead of just starting fresh.

We're getting there slowly though, I guess.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Good, finally some progress to fix that store! ...can we get an Add-On section to browse, next?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Been there for a long time for me. Seems to come and go for others so don't know if this is new.

Edit: oh, sorry. I see it's a proper tab

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
In and amongst all of the jokes and all of that, I just wanna say that this is a really great.

Yes, it should've been there at launch but glad they've added it! Will make browsing the store on console much better than it was before.

Great!

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
PS5 feels like launch Switch levels of functionality, relative to where it should be at least. Yeah 2020 went and fucked up everything it touched at least a little bit, but it's really impossible now not to see the logic in MS's decision to continue using and updating their old OS, and developing a cross gen storefront ahead of time, instead of just starting fresh. My PS5 just feels so damn barebones compared to my PS4 Pro.

true, i see that its fresh and nice to have completely new ux at start of a gen.
but they definitely started couple of steps behind from where they were at end of ps4.
( features, usability wise)
i hate the always on hdr thing the most

similar thing happened at ps3-ps4 transition too if i remember correct.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Every time someone kicks the hamster wheel over at Sony, an angel gets its wings.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought there may have been a chance we would waited all gen considering how the PS4's UI and Store issues never seemed to be improved.

Oct 25, 2017
Who in the flying fuck is in charge of the webstore?

Honest question. Someone is fucking up massively.

Get wishlist back! My god, how is this still a thing....

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Thanks to this update I just noticed that the game prices seem to be gone while on lists.

Yeah, no. Bare-bones game page and bare-bones filter were way more important things.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Finally.

Some sales were shown randomly, some weren't. That was kinda annoying, even though I mostly use ps prices to check sales.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I honestly don't care that much about the console store. The only reason I use it now is because I was forced to since its the only one that apparently supports wishlists right now.

Fix the damn web stores.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Still a million and one improvements to be made.

Stop showing me Unavailable content. If I can't download it, then I don't care. Don't show me. At least let me toggle it on or off.

Stop listing individual bits of DLC or MTX. You should have to click on the game and then find the content for that game. Some FTP games in particular are horrific for adding tens of entries to a sale list.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Who in the flying fuck is in charge of the webstore?

Honest question. Someone is fucking up massively.

Get wishlist back! My god, how is this still a thing....
Everyone involved in the design, signing-off, and implementation of the current site need to be fired and never allowed near product design gigs ever again. It's terrible.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Good, now please put some actual PS5 games like Miles Morales on sale so i can buy it at a reasonable price.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to reimplement a lot of the one-button functionality that we had with the PS4.

Having to drop into the settings for basic features like switching the audio/chat options is absurd, not to mention inconvenient...

Last edited:

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Okay, now add an add-ons section. Or if that exists already, please god tell me because it's annoying as shit that I can't just look that up easily.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I found Jak and Daxter games for the first time. I'd have never known they had them.