• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot speak for everything but for Poland and Germany (Media Markt), I am also hearing bonkers numbers.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Interesting. Really curious what the overall allotments look like. Cuz on one hand, I'm like "Right, increase production, makes sense." But on the other hand, if you're saying that they sold through part of 2021 stock too... well.....

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Scalpers :

tenor.gif

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I guess I'm confused by the headline. They're saying pre-orders are tracking for launch day sales to be 32% higher? Am I understanding it correctly?

Seems like there's a lot of confounding variables this time around that make that tracking a little more unpredictable.

EDIT: And yeah, they'll sell out whatever they put out for launch.

Oct 28, 2019
This is a fake account btw, I recognise it from back at the PS5 reveal when they were tweeting some nonsense as well

And it's definitely a different girl as their profile pic now lmao

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
UK sold 250k ps4 in opening 48 hours, I would assume at least 90% of those were day 1 as it was pre orders only pretty much that means they've sold 300k+ in pre orders already.

Edit: or is the data in the OP incorrect?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Coming off the back of the 360 generation which was the biggest selling console in the UK, despite the Xboning fiasco there were still many going for XBO by default in 2013, or they were waiting for XBO to come down in price. MS still had the CoD and FIFA marketing rights at that time too. Couple that with PS4's lacklustre line-up, and the PlayStation hype was nothing at that time compared to where it is on the back of this generation.

So not a huge surprise, even moreso when you consider Sony's masterful drip-feed marketing this year and very nicely choreographed showcases.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
And I think they are extremely limited. Preorders across Europe went up yesterday or today and sold out within an hour. There is a huge demand.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to PS5.
Hope Xbox Series X|S also have higher pre-orders than Xbox One, although not as PS5 increasing ratio.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked my Amazon history and I put in my order for the PS4 5 days after pre orders went up and I still got it day one, either the allocation is much lower this time or they'll put more up at a later date

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that was expected. Sony marketing team did a fantastic job describing PS5 as a premium device with a great software line up at launch and first year. Lot of people expected it to cost over 500 bucks.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure if that's reflective of demand or stock though? Sony have said there are going to be far more PS5 units out over the launch period than there were PS4's.

There could have been more demand for the PS4 it's just that there were far less machines that people were able to get hold of.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I went into my local store (Smyths Toys, Ireland) to pick up Mario this morning, and people were being told PS5 preorders were done already for the year, and to come back in November to see if they get any extra stock assigned for walk-ins. The hunger is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.