• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So far with my PS5, I have experienced:

• No issues at all.

Votes: 121 53.1%
  • Minor issues - isolated freeze or crash, but otherwise smooth sailing.

Votes: 80 35.1%
  • Moderate issues - recurrent freezing/crashing that's disruptive but I'm still enjoying the system.

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Major issues - freezing/crashing/database rebuilds have made the system unplayable.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • My system bricked and I need/needed a replacement.

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls crashed twice over 4 days and around 15-20 hours. That's it, and I've been going in & out of rest mode a ton.

Haven't been brave enough to use my external HDD, though. That's a luxury convenience, not worth the slightest chance of bricking the system.

Oct 30, 2017
One time I've had the database be rebuilt and that was when it was loading Astro's Playroom. Otherwise, no issues with the console.

The controller however...

After about 30 minutes, it's pretty much unusable. It so far only seems to be when playing Demon's Souls and the camera starts going all over the place and it's a fight to keep the camera view straight.

Nov 14, 2017
Extremely minor but I glitched out in Miles Morales when I was exploring his room at the beginning of the game and couldn't turn around or move my character at all. All I could do was restart at the previous checkpoint.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I had the sound crackle and cut out while playing Demon's Souls and then the system locked up. Had to unplug it in order to get it to reboot. It scanned the SSD and then booted back up normally. Demon's Souls crashed again as soon as I launched it. Unplugged it again and cold rebooted to another SSD scan. Haven't had a problem since. Hopefully it stays that way. I would put this in the minor category.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had to reformat my system twice because whenever I plug in an external HDD (from my PS4) things get fucky.

99+ errors and everything starts running stupid slow.

I gave up on the external for now.

No other issues.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
No issues, but some users here scared me with the Rest mode stuff so I turned it off.

Only played Astro and DS so far though.

brjuntinaar

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
The only issue I've had is a couple crashes while playing Demon's Souls where the game crashed to the home screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.