• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era CMOs out in full force as usual.

Cool ad - definitely brings the hype. Probably won't be one of the most memorable PlayStation ads though!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm cool at all for not knowing who Travis Scott is... it's a genuine statement on my part I think I am out of touch with what's popular. I don't really follow celebrities or modern artists.

neither do i, but a lot of times these comments are made about artists of color. Sorry for overreacting. Just in these cases, its best to look up the artist. Not saying it was your intent, but some people do use it as a passive form of racism

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda get similar vibes to the Series X ad. It's ok, not great not terrible..definitely a par for the course PlayStation ad. Meh.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
neither do i, but a lot of times these comments are made about artists of color. Sorry for overreacting. Just in these cases, its best to look up the artist. Not saying it was your intent, but some people do use it as a passive form of racism
Has there been concrete examples of this outside of it just being a trend with black artists that doesn't also apply to white artists? I remember a few years ago Chvrches played at TGA and got the same "Who?" responses as well, but that's the only other occasion I can remember for anything off the top of my head.

That's not to say that there aren't racists saying it, and this isn't to downplay any racism that is involved (or how annoying it is when people derail threads with the "who" business), it's just this accusation seems to get thrown around and I haven't seen anyone give any other examples.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
User banned (3 days): Racial slur
It reminds me of those 2 trailers, but whit a shitty voice (seriously, they could have put a better voice on it):

The ad is good, a better voice and it would have been great. MOD EDIT: Slur removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I love these kinds of adds; this one is pretty hype as well and falls right into Playstations branding concept.

Some of you really need to look up what marketing/advertising is all about. It's not always about "See this ball, it is a beautiful & shiny blue ball, so come on and buy our blue ball because it's obviously the best blue ball because we say so." It's more about sellign a concept, value, ideal or ecosystem as you hear about from/in regards to MS constantly.

There is plenty of time for specific game commercials and everyone knows what a Playstation is, so why not stand out and reaffirm your vision for the console as beign able to offer experiences that are not available in real life to everyone, that take you beyond real life and let you live out those fantasy's through gaming. I mean, that's why I game; to give me experiences I cannot get in real life, to let me get lost in other worlds, to rule and be ruled outside of my every day life, to make decisions I would have to in real life, escapism is real and marketable as we all like to play beyond our daily limits..

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I will never get tired of people complaining about console ads not featuring gameplay.

If brand awareness and ethos building ads didn't work, companies wouldn't do them. Not every as needs gameplay.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Looks like Sony is finally ramping up their marketing campaign. Hopefully this means we'll see more details about their new "create" platform (share button).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
none of the best playstation commercials had anything to do with gaming. Its a concept, its about feeling, emotions, the drive to explore in those interactive worlds.

This.....

I wish I could have continued into marketing/advertising more because I've surprised by how much I still pay attention to marketing campaigns and concepts companies to work with and try to drive home. It's a shame more companies aren't more creative.