• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Feels like some of the people in this thread have never seen a Sony advert before. This is pretty much par for the course.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I must be out of touch because I have no idea who Travis Scott is.
Rapper who also had a pretty good concert in Fortnite. Didn't know him before that though as I am not really into this kind of music (more of a metal guy, sorry).

Trailer is pretty cool btw. If there were a chance to actually get one before 2022 it would be even more awesome ;)
But yeah, that was hype and and I'm happy for everyone who managed to get one. Have fun guys!

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Mods deleted the ''Narrated by Travis Scott'' part of the title
tenor.gif

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
can we just not with honestly what comes across as passive aggressive racism? No one thinks its cool to not be aware of one of the biggest artists of the moment. Look it up, no need for these comments.
I don't think I'm cool at all for not knowing who Travis Scott is... it's a genuine statement on my part I think I am out of touch with what's popular. I don't really follow celebrities or modern artists.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
can we just not with honestly what comes across as passive aggressive racism? No one thinks its cool to not be aware of one of the biggest artists of the moment. Look it up, no need for these comments.

Its not racism to not know who someone is, some people genuinely don't know and its fair to ask them to just look it up but people not knowing and saying so isn't a bad thing.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Put some actual gameplay in your video game commercial, Sony. /cranky

Come on, Amazon. Confirm pre-orders for launch day!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Its not racism to not know who someone is, some people genuinely don't know and its fair to ask them to just look it up but people not knowing and saying so isn't a bad thing.
Yea it is when people do this every single time esp when it's black artists instead of fucking looking up the damn person.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was like two years ago and rtj was performing at the video game awards.

The live thread here may have been actually one of the cringiest things I've ever witnessed. Was absolutely wild
That was hilarious. Pages of "what the hell is this crap?!" when the same posters were moshing in their gamer chairs at the live performance of the butt-rock from the Doom soundtrack later in the show.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's either bad faith or racism when once per week there's some Travis Scott related thread on Era with dozens of people replying "who?".

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I miss those "baby" PS3 ads, those sure were something.

This is a bit meh, luckily we won't play ads but games.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese trailer footage was better and blends it together nicely. At least put gaming footage in there. It just looks odd to have this motivational footage and then randomly cut to a PS5 at the end.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
can we just not with projecting racism on someone for an innocent question. no need for hostility. what an awful first assumption of someone from that...

the ad was very cool

Nov 21, 2017
Can't help thinking its because Travis Scott since he narrate it. I like multiple people talking in the japanese version, better represent everyone rather than 1 dude Travis talking for everyone.

I have no issue with the Travis Scott narration. I just prefer the fact that the Japanese trailer includes games. If the US version kept the Travis Scott narration but used the footage from Japanese advert it would have been a really great ad IMO.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
As a middle aged white dude who's music tastes never grew out of the mid90s-00s, you lot saying "who"? Come on. Travis Scott has had a meal deal at McDonald's, had a huge concert event in fortnite, the guy is massively mainstream and a widely celebrated artist.

That said, the commercial coulda done better with him. I've never been a fan of these style of sony commercials trying to sell some high concept bs. I want more on the system and the games I guess.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just look the person up instead of asking who this person is. Just that easy, yeah asking questions is cool for the most part but opening another tab and just googling who you don't know about is easy and probably a lot faster than waiting for a response.

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
Influencer and Marketing Management made a really good job to get Travis Scott collaborating with Sony.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool video but the narrator brought it down. I thought the other promo video he did worked much better. They should have used someone else to narrate.

Iain

Apr 12, 2018
User banned (3 days): Racial slur
MOD EDIT: Slur removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
This ad didn't really do anything for me, preferred the more sci-fi one they did previously...