• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This will look perfect on my Switch in handheld mode.. glad YouTube is an app there now.. this will look better than most other games on it..

(Is this a joke thread now?)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should have expected this sort of things, as we head into a period of ridiculous amounts of console warring and fighting over minutiae, but I really did not think so many people would rush to show how little they understand about putting a video together.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Actually since it is not really 3D audio as Atmos does it but binaural audio, headphones are recommended. In fact earphones are even better.
While surround sound is good, to get true 3D audio placement you will need the headphones/earphones.

Thanks. Yeah I literally deal with audio production / engineering on a daily basis, sometimes with Atmos considered. It won't matter to me for Thursday whatever I use. I just want to see the games already lol.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I see nothing in the first 10 posts in regards to concern trolling. People are legitimately wondering why 30fps. They obviously didn't read the first post and none of them implied that the games will now only be 1080@30fps. They just want to see the stream in higher quality is all. Nothing wrong with being disappointed in that

They obviously didn't read the OP? Why obviously?

And why are they not showing that excitement for the PS5 event on the PS5 event thread or the Sony OT?

Mmm...

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
As long as 4K60 (hopefully HDR too) trailers are uploaded soon afterwards I don't see any issue with 1080p30 personally, and I'm really interested to see (hear) what they're doing with 3D audio.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready

Vfoqf5j.gif

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I would have liked a better streaming quality but whatever. I'm sure there will be better versions of the trailers uploaded after the fact.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Who watches video with a framerate above 30 anyway? Why would you ever want to do that? If you're not interacting with it & imputs don't matter, why would you want to watch anything that looks weirdly smooth? Haven't people learned from the Hobbit?

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
To be honest I think most games next generation that would have been made at 30 this generation will still be made at 30. A generational leap doesn't change the fact that there's always a tradeoff to be made.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They obviously didn't read the OP? Why obviously?

And why are they not showing that excitement for the PS5 event on the PS5 event thread or the Sony OT?

Mmm...
Or they legitimately are excited about it and want the best quality possible. I checked the post history of a few of them and they seem to be PS fans. Let people be disappointed, why do you care

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
What the... I didn't know they did. How long after the show did they release this? What reliable channels generally uploads them in 4K first?

I definitely was having issues with youtube when switching to 4k the other week, especially if I used my phone to cast to my OLED. Seems to be fine now the last couple days.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Then that's good, there's nothing to worry about.

There never was.

Will some PS5 games probably run at a lower resolution and/or fps than you want? Sure, probably. Is this some kind of suspicious conspiracy to obscure that? No, they gave a good explanation.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. The only thing that could possibly hold a live show back when streaming 4k60fps would be bandwidth, but the equipment used to record it is the same.

Trying to produce video content on remotely in 4K 60fps is a nightmare. It takes an age to render and and age to send. Even moreso when you are dealing with something an hour long.

This is why it will have been edited in 1080p

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Am I missing something? Can you plainly state what you're suspicious about?

No sorry just bad wording, shouldn't have said suspicious, it was just weird to me.

they went all the trouble making this 1 hour show and they couldn't make it 60fps, i mean this is the future of game on next gen consoles, that should have been important.

I'm not saying it's terrible that they didn't do that 60fps, it's fine lol, but was weird, i didn't expected such thing to be that difficult to do in such an important showcase.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I agree that it's an odd choice and that's it. It's been heavily rumoured (maybe even confirmed?) that Sony wanted their showcase to be real games running on the PS5. So the idea that they're scrambling with render farms makes no sense.

If they share the videos at 4k after the presentation, then it could just be a streaming issue. It's a poor choice in my opinion, but hopefully they get proper 4k captures out there sooner than later.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
First time in an Era Sony thread? This is actually pretty tame compared to the usual if anything.

[/QUOTE]
Concern trolling is the goto move for some people when they don't have anything to enjoy

Been around since Neogaf, PS3 times really, didn't get an approved account till it all went to shit. So this would be the first time I have an account in a transitional period to a new generation.

Thorrgal for real I can see that just reading through the first 3 pages, the concern is concerning because these are not people who are stupid. The information is all there available to read, nothing vague nothing about it or why they made these decisions.

It's like some form of damage control and pushing of narratives, but anyway.

I'm going to watch the reveal twice, once with headphones and the second with my home theatre. Obviously they optimised the sound for the former so I'll go with that for starters.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
You just said it. There is million of factors could affect bandwidth when livestreaming.
Sure, and right now there's also the big factor of trying to have a team of people working from home working on a 1-hour long presentation that needs to happen before the console goes into mass production. As EvilBoris said below, this isn't a simple task and I could see why Sony woul prioritize having the presentation ready over resolution and framerate.
Trying to produce video content on remotely in 4K 60fps is a nightmare. It takes an age to render and and age to send. Even moreso when you are dealing with something an hour long.

This is why it will have been edited in 1080p
Yeah, for sure, I wasn't disagreeing with that at all, quite the opposite actually.

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be ridiculous o' clock here in Tokyo so I might as well just watch the individual uploads at higher quality when I wake up in the morning (if they get them up that fast)

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people hear prerecorded so they think it will be like any YouTube video posted and keep forgetting that they are streaming it out live.