• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I just found out about this right now while scrolling down the settings. Wonder if Transistor knows lol.

This might sound weird but I might have to stick with 4k60fps mode for right now... because going from 120fps to 30fps is just jarring, as would be expected. Heck when I switched from 60fps to 30fps mode in Ride3 that was jarring as well. But it's because I still have some 30fps PS4 games to finish :/
Yeah, looks like they patched it in. I'm sticking with the 60fps mode. The 120 is nice, but it's introduces a lot of aliasing

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Still nothing about ARK Survival eveolved eventhough that the devs promised that the similar XSX update will come to PS5 in December !
I hope they aren't giving up on the PS5 version sicne they now have a deal with MS.

Platinumed Maneater yesterday, at the last zone (Gulf) the frames were dropping HARD. Below 30, I believe, at some point, regardless of the environment. I wonder if it's only me (local overheat?) or anyone else had this experience.

Still fun game though.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed Maneater yesterday, at the last zone (Gulf) the frames were dropping HARD. Below 30, I believe, at some point, regardless of the environment. I wonder if it's only me (local overheat?) or anyone else had this experience.

Still fun game though.

Happen to me, restart the game then back normal, fight a little then boom came back sluggish. That ps5 port is garbage.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread! Thanks for putting this together!

Great to see 60fps finally being normalized on consoles. Hopefully everyone vocally demands it moving forward. It's a joke that Watch Dogs is the sole outlier stuck in the 30fps dregs but Ubi's PC releases haven't been well optimized either so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Still fun game though.

Happen to me, restart the game then back normal, fight a little then boom came back sluggish. That ps5 port is garbage.

Good news: https://screenrant.com/ps-plus-maneater-dlc-details-very-soon/

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
They added RT? Afaik they didn't yet

Yeh it's not added to any platform yet, they said this 3 days ago during the reddit ama

"Ray Tracing is still on its way! Our team is working super hard to implement some stellar ray tracing features and we'll hopefully have more info for when to expect the incoming patch very soon!"

As for DBD they havn't said much else about that either, even during their dev stream the other week they talked about a bunch of upcoming changes (UI,animation,game balance) but didn't mention RT at all so it's probably not due in the next update either.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Nice thread! Thanks for putting this together!

Great to see 60fps finally being normalized on consoles. Hopefully everyone vocally demands it moving forward. It's a joke that Watch Dogs is the sole outlier stuck in the 30fps dregs but Ubi's PC releases haven't been well optimized either so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Yeh it's not added to any platform yet, they said this 3 days ago during the reddit ama

"Ray Tracing is still on its way! Our team is working super hard to implement some stellar ray tracing features and we'll hopefully have more info for when to expect the incoming patch very soon!"
Thanks for the feedback, i already updated the thread, removed Ray-Tracing from Maneater and included a note for the last zone fps drops.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
So is there any sign of PS5 support VRS at all? Or we know that the system doesn't support it for sure. Dirt 5 has it for xbsx but not ps5. Then the IQ drop is not great and its still having problems keeping up with ps5 version.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
I am currently playing Maneater but I fail to pickup DS implementation. Is it just for the voice coil type vibrations? Triggers are normal to me.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So is there any sign of PS5 support VRS at all? Or we know that the system doesn't support it for sure. Dirt 5 has it for xbsx but not ps5. Then the IQ drop is not great and its still having problems keeping up with ps5 version.
From what was discussed in the PS5 Tech thread a while ago, yes they have their own implementation of VRS.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Just a small update, i've added Hitman 3 and Resident Evil Village (Maiden Demo) to the thread.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Last edited:
OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I have updated the thread: Added Avengers, Crash 4, Guilty Gear Strive (Demo), Madden NFL21, Mortal Shell Enhanced Edition, Nioh Remastered, Nioh 2 Remastered, Outriders (Demo), Ride 4, War Thunder and Yakuza 7. Updated some games info.

mp1st.com

Outriders to Run at 4K 60fps on Next-Gen Except for Series S, Last-Gen & Series S to Be at 30fps (Update)

People Can Fly has detailed the Outriders frame rate for next-gen and last-gen consoles! PS5 & Xbox Series X are at 4K, 60fps, though not the Series S.
Thanks, it's in the thread now.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 3 60 FPS mode is inconsistent with Digital Foundry, they indicated frequent drops particularly starting at 2nd world.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Are these isolated to Promethea?

no they also say random drops
Are these isolated to Promethea?

this what digital foundry says

Unless this was fixed post-release?

"However, the more you play, the more you notice some issues. Lavish alpha transparencies see performance drop into the 50s at points, and even basic acts like looting chests can see minor slowdown. Series X and PS5 both have this problem in equal measure and it can be jarring to the experience. A bulk of the issues start once you enter Promethea, the second major world."

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Enlisted:

IKS6m2.png

IKSR7i.png

IKS1Rm.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Borderlands 3 60 FPS mode is inconsistent with Digital Foundry, they indicated frequent drops particularly starting at 2nd world.

Dead by daylight does not have any sort of DualSense features (no haptics or adaptive triggers)

Thanks everyone for the contribution, i will includes these in the next update.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Is the OP accurate when it states that all PS5 games support 3D audio? I've tried to find information on this online and from what I can tell it looks to me like only some games support it. If not all games do then it might explain why some games sound muffled and awful with 3D audio turned on, like Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is the OP accurate when it states that all PS5 games support 3D audio? I've tried to find information on this online and from what I can tell it looks to me like only some games support it. If not all games do then it might explain why some games sound muffled and awful with 3D audio turned on, like Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Valhalla is notorious for having audio with incredibly low bitrate, which might be exacerbating things.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil

From the official PS5: Ultimate FAQ

"Will every PS5 game benefit from 3D Audio?

Yes. Even simple channel-based audio will have additional dimensionality thanks to PS5's Tempest 3D AudioTech. The exact 3D Audio effects may vary title by title, and developer optimization will provide the best experience"

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I don't think that's the issue, it sounds fine to me when I turn off 3D audio.
I know what you mean when you say the audio is muffled, it is more obvious with the sounds that should be louder and closer to the character. Valhalla does have audio issues in general, even playing on speakers through HDMI Dolby Digital 5.1. As for your original question, 3D Audio is supported but some third party games do not have their audio mix outputting properly. This seems like an issue that will solve itself post launch.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
From the official PS5: Ultimate FAQ

"Will every PS5 game benefit from 3D Audio?

Yes. Even simple channel-based audio will have additional dimensionality thanks to PS5's Tempest 3D AudioTech. The exact 3D Audio effects may vary title by title, and developer optimization will provide the best experience"
That is interesting, it sounds to me like they're saying every game will use the tempest audio engine and thus fall under the brand of "3D AudioTech" even if it doesn't actually implement 3D audio. If this is the case I feel like it would be useful to have a list of which games actually support the 3d audio aspect of "3D Audio" because for unsupported games, having it turned on just makes the game sound worse such as with all PS4 games, netflix and spotify. I can't understand why Sony didn't set it up so that it only turns on when playing a supported game.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
That is interesting, it sounds to me like they're saying every game will use the tempest audio engine and thus fall under the brand of "3D AudioTech" even if it doesn't actually implement 3D audio. If this is the case I feel like it would be useful to have a list of which games actually support the 3d audio aspect of "3D Audio" because for unsupported games, having it turned on just makes the game sound worse such as with all PS4 games, netflix and spotify. I can't understand why Sony didn't set it up so that it only turns on when playing a supported game.
I see, i will include the games with 3D audio support then, thanks for the info.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

I just figure it was like Dolby Atmos toggle for mobile phones/tablets...Where it takes any stereo sound and simulates surround sound.

I always have it "on" and I play lots of multiplayer PS4 games... Regular earbuds to the DS controller, and I get surround sound, with some cases of height (the helicopter at the start of a race in F1 2020)... Or just insects, birds, and wind from TheHunter Call of The Wild. For single player games like TheHunter and others (as well as PS5 games) I connect earbuds or headphones to my DAC, instead of DS controller.....to get better sound out of the PS5.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Enlisted open beta is out on PS5. Do we have any infos about it? It is said to use RT running at 4k 60 FPS but I don't know if this is enabeld during this beta or not.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Enlisted open beta is out on PS5. Do we have any infos about it? It is said to use RT running at 4k 60 FPS but I don't know if this is enabeld during this beta or not.
The game seemed to be the same from the closed beta visuals and performance, so probably similar to the videos and screenshots I posted. Unfortunately the gameplay and controls are very clunky and I stopped playing it.

It Takes Two

IUXhCx.jpg

IUX5Ye.jpg

IUXa2k.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I have updated the thread:

Added Genshin Impact, Judgment, MLB The Show 21, Returnal and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. Updated some games info.

The game seemed to be the same from the closed beta visuals and performance, so probably similar to the videos and screenshots I posted. Unfortunately the gameplay and controls are very clunky and I stopped playing it.

It Takes Two

IUXhCx.jpg

IUX5Ye.jpg

IUXa2k.jpg

Thanks, i will analyse them when possible.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it did. It has 2 mdoes favor qualit and favor FPS. I find it werid cus they could have done one mode and offer both for ssuch types of games. tbh. It is like they are considering the PS5 a new PS4 Pro. pfff.
I'm seeing it releases may 14. Just tried to DL it and I got the PS4 version with no option. You sure you're not playing the PS4 version (says PS4 below icon)?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing it releases may 14. Just tried to DL it and I got the PS4 version with no option. You sure you're not playing the PS4 version (says PS4 below icon)?

You seem to be in the US region. The PS5 version will only appearmidnight in every country where the account is used. So you need to wait more to see the PS5 version appear so you can claim it for free. It weighs even less than the PS4 version. Downlaod says it's 3.95 GB but final size is 5 GB.

U saw the PS4 Pro version running on PS5 in version 1.09? It's 1440p 60 FPS Locked or 120-150 FPS with V-Sync off. XD
I don't see why the need for 2 modes on a native PS5 version, unless quality mode is 8K and FPS mode is 240 FPS.
And I can still see jaggies in both modes from the waves in the menu. I don't see any use of the dedicated PS5 version.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
You seem to be in the US region. The PS5 version will only appearmidnight in every country where the account is used. So you need to wait more to see the PS5 version appear so you can claim it for free. It weighs even less than the PS4 version. Downlaod says it's 3.95 GB but final size is 5 GB.

U saw the PS4 Pro version running on PS5 in version 1.09? It's 1440p 60 FPS Locked or 120-150 FPS with V-Sync off. XD
I don't see why the need for 2 modes on a native PS5 version, unless quality mode is 8K and FPS mode is 240 FPS.
And I can still see jaggies in both modes from the waves in the menu. I don't see any use of the dedicated PS5 version.
Ah you're right - thanks, appreciate the clarification. Interesting, yeah agreed, wonder why go through the motions. I guess reduction in install size is good, and maybe load times improved.