• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs is the only 'prominent' next-gen game which doesn't have a 60 FPS mode, right ?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't know what Bugsnax is running at, and doesn't have much reason not to be at locked 60fps, but it doesn't feel like it.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Everyone right now. -_- They've added V-Sync and it did this.

1.004 should hit soon and may correct the issues (it's been out on Xbox yesterday).
This is bad. Thanks for the feedback.

Watch Dogs is the only 'prominent' next-gen game which doesn't have a 60 FPS mode, right ?
Yes.

Borderlands 3 supports Dualsense triggers
Thanks! I will update.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
The Pathless PS5(Resolution Mode)
50619209867_31089e7931_o.png

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Thank you! If possible, can you share a screenshot in Performance Mode?

Changes to the thread: I have decided to include games in the Table 2 (120fps), even if they are not in the OP, they will be marked with [Not in OP]. I have also updated some games thanks to the feedback.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you! If possible, can you share a screenshot in Performance Mode?

Changes to the thread: I have decided to include games in the Table 2 (120fps), even if they are not in the OP, they will be marked with [Not in OP]. I have also updated some games thanks to the feedback.
Resolution Mode

Performance Mode

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I've added 4 games to the list:

DiRT 5, Observer: System Redux, The Pathless and Watch Dogs Legion.

And i updated the Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition info, the new update fixed some issues.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017

playing this on Performance mode and my goodness it's a looker. On top of the beautiful art the game is a joy to play, runs smooth as butter as well.

I see no one talking about this game and it saddens me because it is absolutely amazing. Think a team ico style game, but if it controlled and ram well.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Thanks! Mortal Kombat is native 2160p and No Man's Sky is 1800p. Do you know how NMS is running, solid 60fps?
What is a good site to upload videos to? Just getting settled after moving and found all my USB drives yesterday.
Random question, but is the HDR in No Man's Sky PS5 still having issues? Seen some people say the colors are way too saturated and the bloom lighting is completely blown out.
I haven't played since initial launch and just started the game over, but the colors do seem very saturated.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Sorry if it's been asked already, but are there any significant tech advances in Spiderman MM when compared to the Remastered version of the original game? Or do they both have the same resolution, frame rate, ray tracing and DualSense support, 3D Tempest audio, etc.? Are even the textures and models pretty much equal to one another?

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone confirm, the ray tracing in Cold War is only for the shadows, correct? Not for reflections or anything?

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Can someone confirm, the ray tracing in Cold War is only for the shadows, correct? Not for reflections or anything?
Yes, it's shadows only, i will make it clearer on OP tomorrow. Also tomorrow, i will be adding 5 or more game to OP, thanks everyone, and keep the screenshots/ videos coming.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
I've recorded some gameplay of maneater on the PS5, around 12 minutes worth of the prologue area and the beginning area. It's still not finished processing yet, I'll add it to this post when it does.
edit:
Here's the gameplay! 1080p @ 60fps tho

Last edited:

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Would you recommend it? silly fun?
Yup! It's nice short game, I saw it was on sale for around $15 which I feel like is a good price for it! I'm not really into platinum-ing games but I heard it's a pretty easy plat too. It runs well on the PS5 but I noticed a couple of frame drops. I saw that the update was supposed to add raytraced water but I couldn't tell the difference tbh.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

We did a quick test of NBA, it's a locked 60 during gameplay but drops to 30 in cutscenes/replays on both systems. Not sure on the resolution (Don't have the resource to do pixel counting just yet). Ray Traced reflections on the court

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
I'll try and provide screens and videos for Dead by Daylight PS5 version, either today or tomorrow.

Can someone keep me right on what screenshot and video settings I should have? Guessing 2160p for video, and PNG & HDR OFF for screens?

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Disclaimer: I am not an expert. After getting to the fourth world in Sackboy's Big Adventure, I'm convinced there is ray tracing on display. I don't think I've seen standard reflection techniques in any other game be able to do what's going on here. The level 'One Track Mind' really stands out to me. Sackboy isn't high up on any tech analysts priorities, but maybe someone will take a look at it eventually.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's nice so far, all games that I have installed on my PS5 run at 60fps or offer 60fps modes

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Nice thread, tho I feel "has raytracing" feels kinda vague, like everything that has any element of the game utilizing ray tracing counts? Like the scale can go from having just certain surface reflections being ray-traced vs game being fully pathed like minecraft

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
We did a quick test of NBA, it's a locked 60 during gameplay but drops to 30 in cutscenes/replays on both systems. Not sure on the resolution (Don't have the resource to do pixel counting just yet). Ray Traced reflections on the court
Thanks for this! If you have the time to post a screenshot, I can pixel count. Probably not much point, though, as these games were native 4K even on Pro.

I'll try and provide screens and videos for Dead by Daylight PS5 version, either today or tomorrow.

Can someone keep me right on what screenshot and video settings I should have? Guessing 2160p for video, and PNG & HDR OFF for screens?
All that's best, though 1080p video is okay as long as 60fps is maintained. And 4K JPEG screenshots are okay if you don't compress them again, or use a host that does.

I am pretty sure that MK11 is not native 4K but dynamic resolution.
Per the devs that's correct, yes. The only gameplay I've seen was full 4K. If you can post shots from when the screen is very busy, I could test for lower.

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil

Thanks for your effort! I've added Next Gen Base to the OP.

Thanks!

Nice thread, tho I feel "has raytracing" feels kinda vague, like everything that has any element of the game utilizing ray tracing counts? Like the scale can go from having just certain surface reflections being ray-traced vs game being fully pathed like minecraft
In games like Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, you will see "Ray Tracing (shadows only)", and if the game has limited Ray Tracing or low RT reflections, i will try to make it clear in the OP.

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
I haven't tested it out yet but the latest No Man's Sky patch says it fixes the HDR issue.

www.nomanssky.com

Next Generation Patch 3.12 - No Man's Sky

Hello everyone, Thank you to everyone playing the Next Generation Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting. We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have...

OP
OP
Hovahtsug

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
I haven't tested it out yet but the latest No Man's Sky patch says it fixes the HDR issue.

www.nomanssky.com

Next Generation Patch 3.12 - No Man's Sky

Hello everyone, Thank you to everyone playing the Next Generation Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting. We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have...
Good to know, can anyone test to confirm that?