• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • Stunning visuals: Has total destruction ever looked this good? Experience the global phenomenon of vehicle-based combat in a crisp dynamic 4K resolution.[SUP]3[/SUP]
  • Fast loading: Mayhem waits for no one! Choose your AllStar and accelerate into the action with the near-instant lightning fast load times of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Experience your ride! Get unique feedback for each vehicle thanks to the DualSense™ Wireless Controller's adaptive triggers.
  • Haptic feedback: Wham! Experience the impact of rams and slams as the DualSense™ Wireless Controller's dual actuators simulate the feel of your in-game actions through immersive sensory feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: How the crunch of slamming into an opponent is meant to sound! Hear stunning 360-degree stadium atmospherics with Tempest 3D AudioTech.

Oct 25, 2017
"Wham! The immersive sound of your DualSense controller when you throw it against a wall after losing a thrilling match of Carnado."

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I hope going forward studios start to really use haptic feedback because so far only Astro use it well, the rest just feels like regular rumble.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This not having activities is shocking as hell. It makes too much sense for anything with MP to support activities, especially if it's an exclusive.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
3D audio sounds like it could be useful in this game, especially on foot when people are trying to run you down.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I really don't like Headset Audio on the PS5, it sounds so muffled so I can't get excited whenever they hype up Tempest 3d atm

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
3D audio sounds like it could be useful in this game, especially on foot when people are trying to run you down.
I am willing to bet that normal stereo sound is not inferior in any way.

I really don't like Headset Audio on the PS5, it sounds so muffled so I can't get excited whenever they hype up Tempest 3d atm

Have you tried the different height settings for 3D audio?

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Have you tried the different height settings for 3D audio?
Yes, it's just the audio quality itself. Even without 3d audio turned on, it sounds so muffled. That's using the 3D Pulse headset; i've also tried Bose QC2 35's and the Hyper X cloud 2 and it just doesn't quite sound as clear as it does on PC/Series X.

The easiest way for me to test it is the Persona 5 Royal/DMC V theme when you hover over the icon on the OS. On my speakers, it's very crisp and the bass is clear, but when I use headphones the mix is pretty bad and as a result it just sounds muffled. I'm hoping that this can be rectified with a firmware update, though it doesn't seem to be a massive complaint from many people.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this
Ok that's another person at least haha

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
The easiest way for me to test it is the Persona 5 Royal/DMC V theme when you hover over the icon on the OS. On my speakers, it's very crisp and the bass is clear, but when I use headphones the mix is pretty bad and as a result it just sounds muffled.
I see, gonna need to try that. I have several headphones with different technologies behind them, so might be a fun test. GF has P5R.

Edit: Will try with both the sound coming out of the controller and my receiver (with headphones).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
First sentence already putting me off.

Stunning visuals: Has total destruction ever looked this good?

Wreckfest thinking "bitch please".

Let your obvious marketing slogans at home.

Really interested in the controller features, hope they are good here.

Can we finally get a video with one normal round now, please?

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
I see, gonna need to try that. I have several headphones with different technologies behind them, so might be a fun test. GF has P5R.

Edit: Will try with both the sound coming out of the controller and my receiver (with headphones).
Yeah please do, would be curious to hear your thoughts!

I've obviously used the headsets in games too, but it's immediately noticeable for me without even having to play a game which is my point I guess

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I've even played a PS5 game with 3D audio yet so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Does Spider-Man Remastered have it?

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I've even played a PS5 game with 3D audio yet so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Does Spider-Man Remastered have it?

Yes, but it isn't super impactful given most things are fairly distant from you anyway. If you're walking down the streets or in a fight with things close by you can tell though. It makes a bigger difference in Demon's Souls.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

I think that's just how it sounds on games that dont support 3D audio. Games that do support it (Demons Souls) sound fine. Surprised it doesn't automatically disable 3D audio on games that dont support it.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I wish devs would rather show us the loading times than talk about near instant.. like, whats that? Slower than Demon's Souls or faster or what?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I just had to google 'kayfabe' and read it like three times to make sense of it.

17418.jpg

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I was never a fan of rumble so I'm probably deficient lol honestly I loved how the DualSense felt in Astro but Demon's and Spider-Man were inconsequential to me.

I must say, I don't use magic on Demon's so there's that.
Outside of Astro, I think Bugsnax has the best DualSense support. It does similar things to Astro in regards to footsteps. If you sprint you feel the alternating footsteps in the controller and the sensation will change depending on the surface you're running across. The triggers also have a nice clicky feel when using the camera and different gadgets.

As for Destruction All-Stars, I'm not sure I'd want adaptive triggers to be used in a competitive game, but I'm curious how they're implemented it.

Yes, it's just the audio quality itself. Even without 3d audio turned on, it sounds so muffled. That's using the 3D Pulse headset; i've also tried Bose QC2 35's and the Hyper X cloud 2 and it just doesn't quite sound as clear as it does on PC/Series X.

The easiest way for me to test it is the Persona 5 Royal/DMC V theme when you hover over the icon on the OS. On my speakers, it's very crisp and the bass is clear, but when I use headphones the mix is pretty bad and as a result it just sounds muffled. I'm hoping that this can be rectified with a firmware update, though it doesn't seem to be a massive complaint from many people.

Ok that's another person at least haha
There's a thread about the Tempest audio on here and this is a common complaint. The drop in quality is severe. I've been sticking to stereo because of it. I'll try the 3D audio in DAS but I can't imagine it will be any better than other games.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Outside of Astro, I think Bugsnax has the best DualSense support. It does similar things to Astro in regards to footsteps. If you sprint you feel the alternating footsteps in the controller and the sensation will change depending on the surface you're running across. The triggers also have a nice clicky feel when using the camera and different gadgets.

That's actually how I feel, Bugsnax was the second best game in terms of DualSense implementation but still waaaay behind Astro.

Maybe Astro spoiled me. Hopefully Kojima upgrades Death Stranding with it because the potential is there.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
I think that's just how it sounds on games that dont support 3D audio. Games that do support it (Demons Souls) sound fine. Surprised it doesn't automatically disable 3D audio on games that dont support it.
Spiderman Remastered sounds pretty meh to me as well, Demon's souls is so far the only game that sounds really great to me but that just seems like great sound design from the team
There's a thread about the Tempest audio on here and this is a common complaint. The drop in quality is severe. I've been sticking to stereo because of it. I'll try the 3D audio in DAS but I can't imagine it will be any better than other games.
That's good to know, I really hope that they can improve this