• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• #TeamReal

Votes: 153 45.3%
  • #TeamCG

Votes: 71 21.0%
  • #TeamWalnut

Votes: 114 33.7%

• Total voters

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
blog.playstation.com

Abandoned, a cinematic survival sim, hits PS5 later this year

Plan every move, weigh up every decision as you try and escape the sprawling wilderness.
Hello everyone! I'm Hasan Kahraman from Blue Box Game Studios based in The Netherlands. The team and I are working on our new title, coming exclusively to PS5 this year and I can't wait to show off some gameplay footage from the game in action. However, since the game is at an early development stage, I wanted to announce the game today and show off a little announcement teaser we made.

Abandoned is a cinematic, first-person horror survival shooter set in a highly detailed open world environment and favours a realistic approach to survival

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
User banned (1 week): Port begging, history of platform wars
i assume this isn't permanent exclusive? seems like something i would play when it hits gamepass

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of nowhere. Like this tech demo.

Will wait for the gameplay trailer.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Every event has an influence on your character. If Jason is out of breath after sprinting (or is afraid), his firing accuracy will suffer. Unlike action shooter titles, firing weapons in Abandoned will be realistically slow. You will need to be tactical in order to survive.

Sounds like something I could really get into.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
if they nail atmosphere and exploration with an actual scary survival game... it can be great.

i'm cautiously excited :)

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Uhhh, looks rough. Dunno why Sony would choose to highlight this.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Could be interesting, but not expecting much. What have the devs made?

Also how does early development = this year?

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Why show a work in progress if your frame rate is sub 15fps, keep that shit locked away until its stable.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
My bad, I misread what was said in the video description.
The tech demo is out "soon", updated thread title in time luckily.

Game runs in Native 4k at 60fps on PS5.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
... I can't have been the only one who thought that this meant the development on a PS5 exclusive survival horror game had been abandoned right?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It looks rather clunky.

Let's wait for the gameplay reveal I guess, but I don't have high expectations for now.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
'a strong, blood-loving community led by a religious nut job!...'

well, if nothing else, the writing's quite imaginative/impressive...

Targeting Native 4K @ 60FPS on PS5

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
"Our team is still unravelling the power of PS5 but we've made amazing progress so far. The console allows us to process high quality motion capture, all running at 60 FPS and rendered at a native 4K"

As they seem to be saying the gameplay is slower paced I will take a slimmed down PSVR2 version.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Hoping this game fulfills my desire of Silent Hill, though it feels more Blair Witch with guns to me.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Frame rate is a bit ropey, but the graphics look incredible.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
here's a thought... PT ...and a pretend studio.. environements give me a certain environment of a horror game..

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The frame rate in the video isn't great at all. Hopefully the final product will actually be 60 frames per second like they said.

Here's the developer's website: https://www.blueboxgamestudios.com/

They seem to have announced a PS4 game called Rewind: Voices of the Past that never released: http://www.rewind-thegame.com/

It was featured in the July 2015 issue of GamesMaster: https://magazinesfromthepast.fandom.com/wiki/GamesMaster_Issue_293

And was also on Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516577397

So yeah I imagine that's a dead project.

Hopefully this one sees release.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Until the not so great fire smoke effects I was ready to believe that was actual filmed footage with a heavy filter over it. Looks cool!