• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the color on the Dualsense?

• Black

Votes: 871 38.7%
  • White

Votes: 1,272 56.5%
  • Grey

Votes: 109 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Personally I don't see Watch Dogs being there, its a cross gen game, made for PS4/Xbox and will only have a patch (probably) upto next gen, dont see that being the type of game to show off the PS5, especially as we've seen stuff from it. I actually would think this would be more likely on the MS show than the Sony show. I think it would be a mistake for Sony to show it unless the next gen update is significant.

Deleted member 25128

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't kept up with the news, are we gonna see just games, or also the hw (box etc), or also the price?
What are the general expectations?

Suggestions from press and people on the forums is that it is just games. Maybe they are waiting till august to mention price, wouldn't surprise me if they leave it a week and then do a console reveal,.... to keep the hype going.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Suggestions from press and people on the forums is that it is just games. Maybe they are waiting till august to mention price, wouldn't surprise me if they leave it a week and then do a console reveal,.... to keep the hype going.

Oh okay, thanks. Games are enough for me, though I'd like to see the box, too.
Price doesn't matter as much, I'm gonna be there day one regardless.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Just received an email from playstation for the event, looks like they are reaching out to everyone they can with this.

It could be big.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
If Horizon isn't there its going to be a downer from me. I don't care for Godfall or Demons Soul or Watch Dogs so that's a bummer if those take up quite a bit of the hour. So hoping for some nice surprises.

•79•

Banned
Sep 22, 2018
South West London, UK
I can see that. But if it is a remake rather than remaster, what new can and should be brought to the table? The gameplay and atmosphere in these games are sacrosanct obviously. But after 3 dark souls and numerous other games inspired by the formula, the game isn't going to feel tha fresh. It is the same conundrum the FFVII Remake had, except the narrative in that game is much better known and central to the experience - as well as the game itself being a bigger deal. Personally, I am hoping they build on some of the cinematic storytelling they did with Sekiro. The way the story is told in DS has an air of mystery and is intriguing, but the presentation was pretty shoddy even back then.
Well I'm not sure. I admire these games for the atmosphere and for their bloody mindedness even though I don't do well at them, I always come back to try again. Whether strictly following the original or modernising and adding to aspects of the game design are both perfectly valid approaches, I'd be fine with either.

Again I do think it is about the prestige, not unlike committing to the completion of The Last Guardian or commissioning the Shadow of the Colossus remake. If this project is indeed underway and not just wishful thinking then it does fit in with Sony as a publisher.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yup! Just a couple of the games, both of which have already been revealed.
So you know Horizon won't be there plus a couple of games in the presentation? because unless you have a source telling you it won't be there, or you know about the full content of the presentation I don't see how you could know that.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
So you know Horizon won't be there plus a couple of games in the presentation? because unless you have a source telling you it won't be there, or you know about the full content of the presentation I don't see how you could know that.

I think the poster just knows of two games which will be there, but not the entire line up. Just two third party games for an hour seems unlikely.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
twitter.com

Motive Montreal on Twitter

“We’re here!👋The Motive family is excited to be joining on social platforms to share on who we are, and the work we do. Really, we couldn’t imagine a better time to start connecting with everyone online. Let’s go. #ourmotive https://t.co/jvT04zmTG3”

Star wars game incoming? Would be so good!

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
twitter.com

“We’re here!👋The Motive family is excited to be joining on social platforms to share on who we are, and the work we do. Really, we couldn’t imagine a better time to start connecting with everyone online. Let’s go. #ourmotive https://t.co/jvT04zmTG3”

Star Wars Maverick?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

this should be revealed on Tuesday, not on the PS5 showcase

Dec 8, 2018
sheesh...I'm not obligated to share that info, lol.

Then don't go acting like you know shit others don't . Everyone and their grandmother could say that Horizon 4 will be there and that they know no games revealed will be at it also if that was the case. There is a reason that in the guidelines for posting on this site it says that if you have information you should verify it with mods before posting.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Oh okay, thanks. Games are enough for me, though I'd like to see the box, too.
Price doesn't matter as much, I'm gonna be there day one regardless.
For the box itself, Bloomberg journalist said the reveal will be soon because mass production will start

So there is a chance we will see it during this event

Or during a 2nd event planned soon after (still in June imo to avoid leaks from production line, maybe 2-3 weeks after the June 4th event ?)
Or in a random Twitter/Instagram post via their PlayStation blog (would be disappointing way to show it imo)

Deleted member 25128

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For the box itself, Bloomberg journalist said the reveal will be soon because mass production will start

Or during a 2nd event planned soon after (still in June imo to avoid leaks from production line, maybe 2-3 weeks after the June 4th event ?)
Or in a random Twitter/Instagram post via their PlayStation blog (would be disappointing way to show it imo)

Yeah I think some comments that have been made via various press/sony etc suggests to me drip feeding some things, so wouldn't be surprised within the next two weeks console video will appear.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The real question on everybody's lips. Does Dualsense mark the end of coloured UI prompts?

yNsPwuM.png
I'd like them to go away, put you out of the game's world sometimes.

White button prompts is cleaner.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck me, is it Friday yet? Also, Horizon not being shown would be bizarre.
Yeah because even if we know that event (June 4th) will be part of a series PS5 updates, it might imply there will be another PS5 event but Sony have to drop a megaton during the event next week (Horizon sequel)

In Feb 2013, they even showed a trailer of inFamous SS (released March 2014) and a gameplay demo of Watch Dogs (released May 2014)

Even if Horizon sequel is planned for Feb/Mar/Apr 2021, they can at least show a trailer

And I think, they wouldn't keep Horizon megaton for the (probably) 2nd event because PS5 design, UI, features detailed, DualSense features shown/detailed, updates on PS+ or PS Now, etc... would overshadow the Horizon reveal imo but who knows

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017

It already started production according to the FT interview with Jim Ryan. Presumably Sony are as paranoid about the console leaking as they were for games/controller?

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah because even if we know that event (June 4th) will be part of a series PS5 updates, it might imply there will be another PS5 event but Sony have to drop a megaton during the event next week (Horizon sequel)

In Feb 2013, they even showed a trailer of inFamous SS (released March 2014) and a gameplay demo of Watch Dogs (released May 2014)

Even if Horizon sequel is planned for Feb/Mar/Apr 2021, they can at least show a trailer

And I think, they wouldn't keep Horizon megaton for the (probably) 2nd event because PS5 design, UI, features detailed, DualSense features shown/detailed, updates on PS+ or PS Now, etc... would overshadow the Horizon reveal imo but who knows
Agreed. I also think a Guerrilla game is pretty much the easiest way to show just how powerful PS5 is, too. Horizon 2 is likely the most visually impressive game Sony are sat on besides GoW2 right now.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I think the event will focus only on games, and a week later they'll reveal the console with a blogpost much like the Duelsense.

Or maybe they'll reveal the console via blogpost on the Tuesday before the event🤔

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It already started production according to the FT interview with Jim Ryan. Presumably Sony are as paranoid about the console leaking as they were for games/controller?
It would be logical for Sony to be even more paranoid about the PS5 design than DualSense design
A proper reveal to control their communication

If it already started production, chance to see the design might be higher then

Agreed. I also think a Guerrilla game is pretty much the easiest way to show just how powerful PS5 is, too. Horizon 2 is likely the most visually impressive game Sony are sat on besides GoW2 right now.
Yeah, after 3.5 years of production with a lore already developed and an overall story already planned to have a trilogy (according to VGC rumors/leaks iirc), Guerrilla's game seems likely yeah

For GOW2, I think it would be a bit early (even if Cory has planned a story which can translate to 5 games and DLC thing which was scrapped, they have some meaty things to develop quickly the sequel) and they said the E3 2016 demo was developed for 1 year or so, I would let them develop the sequel peacefully (without forcing them to dedicate resources for a demo planned at en event in 2020) and do a proper reveal during an event in 2021 (for a late 2021 or early 2022 release)

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
It would be logical for Sony to be even more paranoid about the PS5 design than DualSense design
A proper reveal to control their communication

If it already started production, chance to see the design might be higher then

Agreed. I guess it just depends how confident they are it won't leak from the factory floor. Or from their outer case supplier.

Jan 2, 2018
Personally, I think it will be interesting to see the impact of Kojima Productions on Decima within Horzion 2 in some of the DF videos that will sure come shortly after the event.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes exactly. I mean this is similar action to 'hide' it:

Hopefully it's good. I like the little rivalry inside of Sony the teams have to all be considered the #1 studio. ND has had it for so long, and even with God of war doing so well, it's still the same IP so ssm has been considered #2, and now GG wants to jump over ssm and take over top spot from ND

Last edited:

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
What kinda reply is this?

Thanks. I just saw this. Why would they try so hard to show it as black except though - why not just use a black controller? Unless, of course, they want to ship a white/black console.

It's not an effort to make it look black, its just the white controller in a dark place. Shrouded in mystery and darkness because they haven't revealed their secrets and games yet. It's pretty straightforward. Anything under no light looks darker than normal, it's just how lighting works.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Hopefully it's good. I like the little rivalry inside of Sony the teams have to ask be considered the #1 studio. ND has had it for so long, and even with God of war doing so well, it's still the same IP so ssm has been considered #2, and note GG wants to shoot to jump over ssm and take over top spot from ND

and now with Insomniac, the battle for first place is going to be a good one. Sucker Punch is getting closer to those big four as well.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017

This sort of thing happened when this generation started to, its why the mods in the old place tried to clamp down on it and why that carried on here. They've generally been very clear on it, if you know something and want to talk about or hint at it get verified by the mods, otherwise keep it to yourself, its to stop people running about spreading misinformation or just outright lying about stuff they don't actually know anything about for attention.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I can't believe how polarizing Era is on the color of the controller.
What sucks about the idea of two units at launch, different colors, is that the piano black or jet black or whatever console will sell out. Leaving the other one IMO. I would have preferred them to continue with the standard they have set each generation at the start. Save the other options for special editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.