• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's the color on the Dualsense?

• Black

Votes: 871 38.7%
  • White

Votes: 1,272 56.5%
  • Grey

Votes: 109 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Probably happy his longtime rival is about to enter the ring. Now the next gen fight can begin in earnest!

tenor.gif
this is how I feel about it, in the end both team xbox and team playstation are part of the same industry, and while they both want to do good, I am pretty sure this battle of pushing eachother to the limits is what drives them and its incredibly fun to watch. There is no industry like the gaming industry and I am proud to be part of a little bit of it. I cannot wait to see the first year of both sides!

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
it being called the 'create' button now, it could be used for a whole bunch of things besides just screenshots and video

there's that patent sony made a while ago for saving and sharing game demos, where you can custom make demos for games and send them to others
Wait that's absolutely ridiculous. I would love for that to be true.

I'd select particularly hard parts from Souls games and send it to friends like "here, try the part that's been killing my mental health this weekend"

Of course they'd have to put some limitations on so they don't get people copying entire games. Even a time constraint could be abused if given to a speed runner. Still, really cool idea.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Fuck, I'll be at work while this is happening. I am super hyped for it though. I'll probably catch some of it during lunch and watch the whole thing when I get home.

Feels really good to have something to be excited about right now.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder why sonys social media goes over 9000 everytime they post something ps5-related.

Looking forward to a great reveal!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I'm starting to get hyped but I know I should calm down. The first time I see a 30fps game I'm going to be bummed.

That said, show me Demon's Souls remake and I am IN.

Nov 5, 2017
Of all the events, this one is the last one people should temper their expectations for. Sony didn't have new major game announcements for 2 years and this is what they are saving it for.

So, that means the big guns have been preparing for this moment and about to release their blockbuster AAA game announcements, right?

ResetERA-crashing announcements incoming, then?

Saberus

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm more excited to see these PS5 games than I was at the same point just before PS4's showcase.

It's weird as I'm a lot older now, you'd expect the opposite :p
Me too, but also last time.. they were little more conservative with the development of PS4, they had nothing but (MEDIA) people telling us that nobody wanted home consoles anymore, and its all about mobile, .. that was proven incorrect and this time they went all in just like the PS2/3 days for technology advancement.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
I'm incredibely excited to see the OS. I know the games will be great and all, but I just need to know how much the SSD changes things on an OS-side of things and what new features they got going (multitasking games?!)

Thursday cannot come sooner.
Switching between games could be seamless. I mean, at 5.5 GB/s (or 9 GB/s unpacked size) it would take roughly TWO SECONDS to fill the entire RAM available with the data of a game. The OS could save a screenshot of where you left, fade that screenshot in over a transition that takes about 2 seconds, and boom, you are back in action...

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Are we still expecting Bluepoint's game to be Demon Souls?
Yes, it's pretty much all but officially confirmed. Though of course until it's officially revealed, anything can happen. Maybe they've played the long con, spreading false rumors themselves to mislead even reliable leakers/industry folk. 🤷‍♂️

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I'm incredibely excited to see the OS. I know the games will be great and all, but I just need to know how much the SSD changes things on an OS-side of things and what new features they got going (multitasking games?!)

Thursday cannot come sooner.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

The current-gen build-up was more forthcoming than this one, and we didn't get to see the OS till around august. So..... yh.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Reading some of the expectations in this thread, I can already see the backlash coming after this thing. Like I'm as excited as the next guy, but people expecting every first-party studio to announce something are only setting themselves up for disappointment. My guess is we'll see a couple of first-party launch games (probably from Studio Japan) and then maybe one 2021 game like HZD2. I think they'll save late 2021 games for another time so the chances of seeing GOW2 or SM2 are really slim. The rest of the presentation can be filled out by third-parties (COD is surely locked in) and indies, which I guess will be a big focus again for the launch period.

Also bear in mind what other executives have said about the pandemic affecting 2021 titles more than 2020 titles; I don't know that its sensible for any publisher, regardless of who it is, to show games too far in advance at the moment, if they can't guarantee release dates.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Watching the 15 second official clip makes me believe its even more probable that the handles on the DualSense are detachable. Look at the way the light shines under the seams at the 3 second mark. This would make the Dual Sense double as a 2 handed VR controller. Possibly you would need to slot the handles over VR Move 2 wands but it would save on face buttons and D-Pad and possibly rumble making it way more affordable plus gamers just love transformers.
tjCPH0F.jpg

Split Dualshock/ Dualsense controllers has been a wish of mine for many years. But looking at the highlighted red central section, there is no vertical seam visible for the DS to split into half. You can see the horizontal seam to construct the controller for manufacturing. Of course, this could be just an artist render of the DS that has left the seam out intentionally/ unintentionally. Hopefully the engineers were smart in making it detachable for VR.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair an hour long reveal doesn't seem all that long if you're also going to talk about the hardware and services. I'm guessing it'll probably be that plus a handful of AAA titles. (like say, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Demon's Souls Remake, new Silent Hill, maybe 1 or 2 other things, they probably want to focus on games that show off the hardware)
I wouldn't expect them to highlight any hardware at this event, only games are mentioned in the blog post and they're calling it the first of a series of PS5 updates. Probably saving hardware for a price announcement and/or tear down video like the one MS did.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
We are severely lacking in the dank memes department, hope you guys do your magic during the weekend. I'm talentless, just wanted to complain!

mohitparty

Oct 29, 2017
Should we expect a Crash game? Activison said there were two unannouced games for the second half of the year during the earnings call.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
94hrkyn.jpg

Actually, after further consideration from my last post, the missing vertical seam could be hidden on either side of the touchpad, so still a possibility for the DS to be a split controller for VR, which would be extremely smart.

Oct 28, 2017
Watching the 15 second official clip makes me believe its even more probable that the handles on the DualSense are detachable. Look at the way the light shines under the seams at the 3 second mark. This would make the Dual Sense double as a 2 handed VR controller. Possibly you would need to slot the handles over VR Move 2 wands but it would save on face buttons and D-Pad and possibly rumble making it way more affordable plus gamers just love transformers.
I would love it is this were the case, but I seriously doubt it.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
94hrkyn.jpg

Actually, after further consideration from my last post, the missing vertical seam could be hidden on either side of the touchpad, so still a possibility for the DS to be a split controller for VR, which would be extremely smart.

I saw someone's concept of that being an actual thing and I'd love it so much. Would get me to that psvr 2 day one cause I sure don't wanna use those glowing balls of a controller lol which I know won't be a thing next gen.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
They probably won't.. it'll be just the games. They can save the hardward look reveal for later.
They really shouldn't. Xbox already showed their console 7 months ago and PlayStation (hopefully not) still hasn't shown theirs after the event next week? I understand (to some extent) not revealing price but we're hypothetically 6 months away from it's release at this point. I think fans at least deserve to know what it looks like by next week.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I saw someone's concept of that being an actual thing and I'd love it so much. Would get me to that psvr 2 day one cause I sure don't wanna use those glowing balls of a controller lol which I know won't be a thing next gen.
W1B3lv8.jpg

I still have my doubts as I can't see any seams in this top view of the DS. So if the controller did split in half, it would leave out the analogue sticks if these seams are hidden outside the circled area highlighted in red, which wouldn't be good for VR.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
W1B3lv8.jpg

I still have my doubts as I can't see any seams in this top view of the DS. So if the controller did split in half, it would leave out the analogue sticks if these seams are hidden outside the circled area highlighted in red, which wouldn't be good for VR.
It doesn't split in half. The outer white shells slide off and can be connected to motion controller 'stems'. Also could enable other attachable controller layouts.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I would love it is this were the case, but I seriously doubt it.
I think it's likely. Those gaping seams are asking for dirt and debris. The only reason to have those gaps is if there is a functional reason. No reveal of the back of the controller yet either. I kinda think this is a wow-factor type reveal that they might save for the price reveal too, so we may not know next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.