• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the color on the Dualsense?

• Black

Votes: 871 38.7%
  • White

Votes: 1,272 56.5%
  • Grey

Votes: 109 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Means that they're probably going to reveal this years COD there
Really hoping this is happening. However, on one side I have my doubts that Activision would reveal a brand new CoD the day after Season 4 for MW/WZ releases, but then again on the other side I feel like you should never pass on the opportunity to reveal your game at a PlayStation reveal event due to the insane amount of people who normally aren't interested in CoD who will be watching.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
If it's between Demons Souls and MGS, I personally would go for Demons Souls. That would benefit greatly from a remake as the base game absolutely needs improvements in performance.

MGS would be interesting if it's a remake like RE2. It would be ambitious but also scary to do something like that of that caliber due to the uncertainty of fan reception.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The French journlasit said the Bluepoint remake will make some happy and others surprised, and it's not the game being rumored for many months:

Every time this guy comes up the consensus is he is not reputable. Not saying the Bluepoint thing is guaranteed to be Demon's Souls, but still.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So it'll be black after all. I think the white DS was a trick

Maybe not a "trick", but just a prototype with a color scheme that's design to better showcase the curvature and overall structure of the controller.

It also may be a sign that there will be both white and black options at launch.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping this is happening. However, on one side I have my doubts that Activision would reveal a brand new CoD the day after Season 4 for MW/WZ releases, but then again on the other side I feel like you should never pass on the opportunity to reveal your game at a PlayStation reveal event due to the insane amount of people who normally aren't interested in CoD who will be watching.
May is over and Cod has always been teased in May, go with a bang to be a PS5 showcase and get people hyped for Next Gen and what their new Engine can do

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I just realized we could see a sequel to Rezogun (or spiritual successor) with even more ridiculous levels of voxels, crazy effects and destruction! The original was the perfect little game for the PS4 launch and having something similar for PS5 would be great!

or even just a PS5 version of the original, enhanced to the max at 120fps

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
unknown.png

These look like two different colors.
Yes, it's white and black versions of the controller.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
I would love to think Sony has learned their lesson initially, and not blow all the studio's projects in one go. But I really think they are going to. It's going to be one tent-pole title after another, they really need to show the world what's coming that Microsoft will not have. Then the issue will be the following year or so, not much to show/reveal as they threw all their cards on the table.

From a marketing perspective short-term strategy, this makes a lot of sense. You need this barrage of exclusive titles to be what people think of when they think PS5.

However, this will really lull the upcoming year or so.

Watch though, it's what they are going to do.
This will be a hell of an event.
Like on the level of their live orchestra GOW reveal was a few years ago.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Manufacturing has begun/about to begun. I'd be surprised if we don't see the hardware design.

It still feels like it could go either way since they've talked in the past about showing the games being their priority rather than a box since they've felt that that's primarily what people really want to see. So I could still see the box possibly being shown in a separate show, perhaps with that hinted at Cerny teardown.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to think Sony has learned their lesson initially, and not blow all the studio's projects in one go. But I really think they are going to. It's going to be one tent-pole title after another, they really need to show the world what's coming that Microsoft will not have. Then the issue will be the following year or so, not much to show/reveal as they threw all their cards on the table.

From a marketing perspective short-term strategy, this makes a lot of sense. You need this barrage of exclusive titles to be what people think of when they think PS5.

However, this will really lull the upcoming year or so.

Watch though, it's what they are going to do.
This will be a hell of an event.
Like on the level their live orchestra GOW reveal was a few years ago.
But Sony Didn't do this at all with PS4. They revealed 4 first party games and then at E3 just one more. You could say they were almost too conservative.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
But Sony Didn't do this at all with PS4. They revealed 4 first party games and then at E3 just one more. You could say they were almost too conservative.

I'm trying to recall from memory, but in one "showcase" we saw GOW, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Ghost, Dreams, Horizon (not sure on that one) and Last of Us 2 for the first time.

Neither Microsoft or Nintendo are following that type of strategy, short of Breath of The Wild which had it's own struggles and delays.
We are seeing less and less of first-party titles revealed too early.
This showcase was one of those however. Spider-Man was still two years away at that point.

So I'm hoping they will be more conservative, but I don't think they can be with the Series X building so much hype.
Weakness with Series X being the first-party titles we don't know about, so Sony would be crazy not to reveal all that is in the works.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Demon's is the worst kept secret, it's not a question if it's happening. It's more a question of who's making it.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020
Can you imagine if they didn't showcase the goods though? And then MS unveiled what their army of studios are cranking on?
It. would. be. nuts.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Its an hour long and they want to show gameplay.

So, Silent Hill
2. Horizon 2
3. Ratchet
4. Demon's Soul
5. Godfall
6. CoD
7 AC: Valhalla
8. New ip (maybe supermassive)
9. Another 3rd party exclusive
10. Another new ip?
I would say they are keeping GT 7 and RE8 for august SoP.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
The French journlasit said the Bluepoint remake will make some happy and others surprised, and it's not the game being rumored for many months:

It's not exactly what he said. He said that the Bluepoint Game is not one of the biggest IP which was rumored around the project.

So Demon's Souls fit perfectly his description because is clearly not as big like MGS.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So, Silent Hill
2. Horizon 2
3. Ratchet
4. Demon's Soul
5. Godfall
6. CoD
10. Another new ip?
I'm not sure if we'll see Valhalla, but I can see Watch Dogs: Legion being there.

gamersmap

May 28, 2020

I could see them not being ready to show what they have, but the idea that there is nothing is ridiculous. A company like Microsoft spends millions in their entertainment department of all things, are certainlly going to be strategizing tripple A's to compete in this market. It's a move they should have made a lot sooner in my opinion. Having Rare wasn't enough. Haha.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL

So, Silent Hill
2. Horizon 2
3. Ratchet
4. Demon's Soul
5. Godfall
6. CoD
10. Another new ip?
MS has ACV marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.