• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, I'll still check out Era and read the impressions of our american friends. That being said, Breath of the Wild is consuming my free time, so I won't see a lot of them

Jun 3, 2018
London
I wasn't able to preorder a console anyway. To be fair, I'm not even sure that I would have pressed the order button in the end. The rational part of my brain keeps saying to wait for impressions. So I'll watch and read what I can and then possibly be upset for a while because I won't be able to buy one for a while.

Although I wonder what the availability will be this year. I'm sure Sony would like to sell more consoles before Christmas. But I don't know how many they will be able to ship.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
playing Yakuza 7, Genshin Impact and FFXIV to keep me busy, really shocked by the fact Sony has not actually said why the delay for everywhere bar 7 key areas when accessories will be available the week before. Only thing I reckon is PSN.

I think you're probably right. Splitting the launch day hit to the PSN is the only reason I can think of, other than some super technical logistical reason that none of us would even understand.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
As long as my Xbox and Yakuza turn up I should be good. Only thing I'll avoid is spoilers for Miles Morales. My other games will be Watch Dogs 3 and Assassins Creed so nothing much to spoil there.

Oct 14, 2019
I like to experience the UI, settings and the features by myself. So yes it is mostly for the games but also for the console a little bit.

I hear ya, OP! Right there with you.

While I'm not in EU, I'm in Singapore and we also get it on the 19th. I completely relate - there is still tons to 'spoil' as we have had a small UI video so far. There are so many things I still have questions about and want to see in action, but I'd rather experience it myself as that's a large part of the launch day fun for me.

Would it be ruined if I see it beforehand? No, of course not. But there is an undeniably joy and excitement for me in seeing those first time first hand. Have already stopped watching content and will continue until post launch.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I am not. Au contraire, I am eager to see the impressions of the public + game reviews and etc.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I honestly still don't know, I could always play the current gen version of Miles but at the same time I'd like to play the game for the first time at its best possible

Embrodak

Oct 30, 2017
I am desperately looking for a game that can hold my attention for the next 3 weeks. Otherwise I'll just be reading impressions here of things to come.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UI, general thoughts and BC experiences I'm totally down to read on

Will be staying far away from Demon Souls threads though

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I'm hungry, but apart from reviews I'll try to avoid everything about Miles Morales. Everything else, bring it!

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Not really....also I'll be getting AC Valhalla for my PS4 and get the free upgrade a week later, so I'll be even more impressed with the PS5 version when it comes out.

Then I'll be alternating between Valhalla and Demon's Souls

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Not really but the wife's XSX will arrive so I'll be looking for a game that pushes it above the One X for a week until the PS5 DE arrives.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see impressions about the console as spoilers, so no.
For the games I'll do what I always do: Don't read threads about them until played through them.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
According to Amazon I get Demon's Souls on the 12th but the console on the 19th....

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
I'll be quite happy playing on my Series X in that time. I cannot wait to play Miles Morales and Demon's Souls though, so I'm definitely going dark on those.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I shall be very happy for my american friends that they get to play Demons Souls and Miles Morales already at the 12th and then retreat down into my underground lair to revel in the international downfall of the US out of seething jealousy

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
On the contrary. In fact, here in Spain, accesories and games launch on the 12th, so I will be sitting at home like an idiot with 5 games, a pulse 3d headset, a dualsense and the charger base for a whole week. I'll be watching everything that is posted regarding the console and reviews for the games and avoiding spoilers as best I can.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
19th? that's cute. Its looking to be a proper paper launch in Scandinavia so most people looking to get the console wont be doing so in 2020

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Can't be spoiled if you already finished the only game you care for 5 or 6 time on your PS3.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
On the contrary. In fact, here in Spain, accesories and games launch on the 12th, so I will be sitting at home like an idiot with 5 games, a pulse 3d headset, a dualsense and the charger base for a whole week. I'll be watching everything that is posted regarding the console and reviews for the games and avoiding spoilers as best I can.

I'm just assuming your going to sit on your couch holding the controller with the headset on with a stack of games and the controller dock next to your TV just waiting....

I will mainly be spending the week staring at my ps5 assassins creed valhalla game case and pouring over online videos about the PS5.

Ikramit

Oct 23, 2020
Ps5 user experience information I'll keep an eye on. I'll be staying away from any info on demon souls though I will probably glance at metacritic to see the overall general impressions on the game. I want to trade in my PS4 when I get a ps5 to save a bit of cash. So will probably have to wait a bit before the console is available in brick and mortar stores

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I'm luckily getting a Series X and I'll spent my time playing that and reading all the PS5 impressions at the same time. Also excited to get a PS5 somewhere next year when there are more games besides Demon Souls, and maybe a bit of a price drop for that game. Interested in seeing all the UI stuff of the PS5 explained more. Maybe my cousin is lucky enough to find a PS5, I really want to feel the haptic feedback of the DualSense.

Just happy the consoles are finally here. Hope the forum moves away from all the console wars soon...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
it'll be a PITA to miss a week of Spider-Man and demons souls impressions and by the time we get PS5 those threads may already have turned into spoiler territory and questions around late game stuff.

- can we perhaps have a 'tier 2 OT' for launch games for those starting at a later point? And would it be possible to issue guidance on keeping game spoilers etc out of the console hardware threads? (I assume there will be a PS5 OT for example)

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I won't be on here all that much from 12th-19th, and I'll just scroll past stuff elsewhere. I'll probably busy myself that week with transferring the PS4 games I want to keep playing to external drive and updating them.

Oct 25, 2017
i hope they at least release some fixes for the games in that extra week, but i will be avoiding spiderman spoilers only, the rest.. meh

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
I would love to go in a shipping container like in Tenet, but with a PS4 and all my remaining games for the generation. And then it's launch day: it docks and I come out of the container, a man with no backlog ready to make a fresh start.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'll be looking at and reading impressions, so I know what to expect and if anything isn't working as it should, basically the US and other parts of the world Beta Testing for us lol

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'll keep working on my PS4 backlog. I will try to avoid videos and impressions but I probably won't go to great lengths to ignore them.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I'll have my Series X on the 10th anyway so I'll be playing most stuff on that for those 9 days. Just gotta wait for the 19th for Demon's Souls and Miles and, to be fair, I've played Demons Souls before so there's not a great deal to spoil. So it's just Miles?

Also a bit impossible to keep blind when you've gotta moderate a gaming forum I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
I still can't get over the fact that us in Aus/NZ get the November 12th date along with the US.

Normally we're the last ones to get stuff lol.

Got my console preordered for Nov 12th and will absolutely rub it in my European friends faces with no remorse 😊

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
The EU release will be just in time for those PS5 stability updates and LG CX firmware updates.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to soak in all the hype - the only game I'm getting at launch is Demons and already beaten that.

Also, the bit I'm most interested in is the controller at the moment and I want to hear what people on the forum think of it!

Oct 28, 2017
Not a complete blackout no. I still want to see reviews/hear impressions for certain games. I'll be very selective with which threads I open though lol. Things like console unboxing videos I'm already avoiding.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
I've already kinda started my blackout tbh
The wait for these next gen consoles has been so long, and it's finally almost here now. Now there is the huge Youtube marketing push with 1001 reviewers screaming for attention, unboxing the thing, giving their opinion... it's just getting tiresome tbf.
I just try to stop 'caring' for now, and see it for myself when the thing arrives in 3 weeks. It's not long anymore

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I might block the Demon's Souls OT for my own sake, otherwise I'd be on it every 2 minutes.

In for impressions on everything else though.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I don't feel the need to go on a blackout. I will however be playing a lot of Yakuza 7 on PC before my PS5 arrives.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
with Work, The Mandalorian and The Crown having new episodes this year around that time plus some anime and manga catching up to do. I think I will be quite distracted but I will still be hearing and talking to the early ones about their impression on the hardware side of things but that's about it. not even zilch about any of the launch games. ngl that one week wait will be painful!

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'll avoid spoilers on more Astro's Playroom content. But other than that I don't mind being spoiled.

I will get Sackboy on the 12th and play that a bit on PS4 until I get my PS5 and can upgrade to that version.