• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Oh ok but I thought developers were saying PS4 games couldn't get updated to 120FPS on PS5 because PS4 isn't capable of outputting 120FPS.

PS4 is very much capable of outputting at 120 fps. The head movement of nearly all PSVR games works at 120 fps and some of the games even natively run at that framerate without reprojection.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Exciting. With this upcoming gen, I rather continue playing Siege on consoles than on PC to have a larger population of controller players.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
What's an activity card...?

Something on the ps5 UI that you can select to boot directly to the activity itself. So for instance each game mode can have their own or each level or even achievements can be selected from the main PS5 OS and it boots directly to that section of the game.

Some games are not as involved for example Valhalla simply let's you load your save from the ps5 OS skipping the main menu etc.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Might as well ask this here; any good primers to catch up? I gave it a spin early on it's its cycle when it was making the turn into a hit and I felt much of it was daunting. Anything I can read up/watch?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Ya know, companies need to start actually releasing 120fps trailers that people can download or watch on their consoles.

Making these announcements with only 60fps capped videos is starting to bother me.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Ya know, companies need to start actually releasing 120fps trailers that people can download or watch on their consoles.

Making these announcements with only 60fps capped videos is starting to bother me.

Youtube could do their part as well lol.

Still waiting for my LG C9 Youtube app or hell i thought the PS5/Series X Youtube Apps would be the first to stream in 120fps.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I was playing the training situations of the ps4 version on ps5 and was getting 150fps with the vsync turned off.
Can't remember what it was like in multiplayer.
At least that is what the in-game framecounter was displaying.

edit: looks like in multiplayer its capped at 60fps.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Youtube could do their part as well lol.

Still waiting for my LG C9 Youtube app or hell i thought the PS5/Series X Youtube Apps would be the first to stream in 120fps.
Yeah I'm also super annoyed with YT not modernizing with the times. Was just complaining about that in my head the other day.

I have a 240Hz monitor, I'd love YT to go unlimited framerates.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D'oh, I have the XBO version of this game so doesn't look like I'll get the free upgrade to PS5. Disappointing, but expected.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Awww shit my friend has been pushing me to play this game with him. Guess I have a reason to pick it up then. The activity cards and dual sense features sold me. The 4k 60fps and hopefully in the future 120fps is also a nice touch.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Activity cards and DualSense adaptive triggers/haptics support are easily the best things listed, next to loading times increases!
Next gen connecting to Rainbow 6 servers and ban/vote countdowns.
It's one one those games that won't actually benefit from the SSD or activity cards really

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Still feel like an old person with the Activity Cards.

Are they ALWAYS up to date with your latest save? Like is there potential to choose an activity card that is based on an older save, that then takes back your progression to an earlier point? Not sure why I have that fear, but it seemed like a potential issue. I guess I'm also worried how tested they are, like if I'm playing Spider-man and my save is at point A and before I start I select to start at point B, could point A now be compromised?

Just feels odd having a tertiary game mechanic that is not within the game echosystem -- like if the developer wanted the ability to Fast Select the "Crime Lair" Mission, they'd have made an option ingame for that...

Oct 27, 2017
Still feel like an old person with the Activity Cards.

Are they ALWAYS up to date with your latest save? Like is there potential to choose an activity card that is based on an older save, that then takes back your progression to an earlier point? Not sure why I have that fear, but it seemed like a potential issue. I guess I'm also worried how tested they are, like if I'm playing Spider-man and my save is at point A and before I start I select to start at point B, could point A now be compromised?

Just feels odd having a tertiary game mechanic that is not within the game echosystem -- like if the developer wanted the ability to Fast Select the "Crime Lair" Mission, they'd have made an option ingame for that...
The activity cards always defaults to your latest save, you don't get to choose which particular save you want from the activity cards, you will have to do that from the games main menu. In your example, no, point A won't be compromised, the game will just assume you quit that mission and moved on to another mission and I had no issues coming back to the first mission later on, I'm speaking from experience.

As to your second paragraph, I don't necessarily see what's odd, they act like shortcuts and while I could easily fast travel in-game, it's nice to have the ability to boot straight into the activity/quest/level I want without having to first load the game, open up the map and then select fast travel. Sure, the developer could have an in-game equivalent like Astro's Playroom has but I welcome Insomniac's use of the activity cards in place of an in-game solution as well.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Dual sense support sounds good, haven't got used to using cards yet, I still boot up games the old fashioned way.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something on the ps5 UI that you can select to boot directly to the activity itself. So for instance each game mode can have their own or each level or even achievements can be selected from the main PS5 OS and it boots directly to that section of the game.

Some games are not as involved for example Valhalla simply let's you load your save from the ps5 OS skipping the main menu etc.

That's a damn good explanation. Thank you.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Devs seem to really be embracing the Dualsense, especially for gun games. Good to see, Sony was wise to focus a lot of attention on bringing in new features there

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Devs seem to really be embracing the Dualsense, especially for gun games. Good to see, Sony was wise to focus a lot of attention on bringing in new features there
I can only hope Destiny 2 embraces haptics with the PS5 upgrade patch in December.

Here's hoping.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Their focus on improving immersion is a winner so far in my opinion.
I can only hope Destiny 2 embraces haptics with the PS5 upgrade patch in December.

Here's hoping.
Yeah it would be pretty sick regular archetypes have a single "style" then some exotics have interesting triggers.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
My only issue with activity cards is if you want to party up. If you select it does your entire party come, or are you placed in matchmaking automatically

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Their focus on improving immersion is a winner so far in my opinion.

Yeah it would be pretty sick regular archetypes have a single "style" then some exotics have interesting triggers.
I want that trigger to fight me when I pull back on my biting wind.

Make it happen Bungo.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming many players will be turning off the triggers for this game, considering the competitive nature of the game. Activity card support is always good.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Guess it might be time to jump back in and get roasted. I love the hell out of this game but stopped playing it a couple years ago. DualSense Support is great.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just add native mouse and keyboard support already

Otherwise only limited to those who got a M+K adaptor and destroy
^
Cross platform plus input-based matchmaking with no exceptions (like in Warzone on Xbox) would be nice so that way some of the XiM/Cronus population moves over to native and everyone ends up with a more level playing field regardless of their preferred input method.

Though I also wonder how much a move like that would help this game specifically, considering there's probably no game on any platform where people are more likely to use such hardware specifically for the advantage it grants over controller users.

Then again, none of those third party device manufacturers have updated their devices to work with Dualshock 5 yet and there's some concern among them whether it'll be possible in the short term, so right now a PS5 version of Siege won't have any XiM users among it's player base, just PS4 players

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
^
Cross platform plus input-based matchmaking with no exceptions (like in Warzone on Xbox) would be nice so that way some of the XiM/Cronus population moves over to native and everyone ends up with a more level playing field regardless of their preferred input method.

Though I also wonder how much a move like that would help this game specifically, considering there's probably no game on any platform where people are more likely to use such hardware specifically for the advantage it grants over controller users.

Then again, none of those third party device manufacturers have updated their devices to work with Dualshock 5 yet and there's some concern among them whether it'll be possible in the short term, so right now a PS5 version of Siege won't have any XiM users among it's player base, just PS4 players

I don't think that cross-platform with everyone together would work like it does with CoD. A big part of Siege is controlling recoil.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Played a bit of year 1 and 2 on Xbox. Just re-bought the Ultimate for PS5. Looking forward to jumping back in.

fadeawayjae

May 31, 2019
Yooo im excited for this, I'm very interested in the DualSense being properly implemented with the triggers and haptics, I'm all for more immersion.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Sounds great, would love if there was an Activity Card to chuck you straight into a solo T Hunt. Particularly excited about the DualSense features.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I say go all in with DualSense support for single player modes, but I'm turning rumble/haptic feedback off immediately in any multiplayer game.

Have they mentioned anything about the update for Series X? All I really care about is the 120fps mode.