• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Adaptive triggers lasted 2 games, they're a huge hindrance in gun fights against players with it off/on a PS4.

Good idea, just not for multiplayer FPS.
It makes it more fun for people that just play multiplayer for fun, though. I'm not a very competitive person by nature, so I just like to have a good time.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
This fix from Reddit worked for me:

Yes i also might have found a fix. I got it to work. Try this. Delete your saves from both ps4 and ps5 versions. Make sure both ps5 and ps4 versions of the game are installed. Start the ps4 version first. Let it create a save on that version. Then close the ps4 version and start the ps5 version. That worked for me.
This worked for me but urgh installing the ps4 ver , even after nuking it theres like 15gigs on other now.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
You need to download the ps4 version on PS5 for it to work? I'll wait for a fix. Dont like the idea of dow loading a 50gb file i will delete seconds after lol.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting bad tearing on performance and resolution mode for 60 fps locked? I don't understand why it's happening if there's a 60fps lock on resolution mode--it's really bad.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else getting bad tearing on performance and resolution mode for 60 fps locked? I don't understand why it's happening if there's a 60fps lock on resolution mode--it's really bad.
It's only locked if vsync is turned on. Othwise it's 100fps+ in resolution mode

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Is this fully crossplay now? If so, are there protections against lobbies with M/KB users? Might fire this up finally on XBox - would rather play it on PC but the M/Kb world of this game is maybe the most toxic/sweaty I have ever seen.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My friend wants to get into this game but has not played. Is it too late for her?

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
My friend wants to get into this game but has not played. Is it too late for her?
If she has some FPS literacy already then that will help a lot, and if she's acknowledged that there IS a learning curve, I don't see why not. The base game operators that are cheapest to unlock (with in-game free currency) are all very capable and not underpowered so she won't be at a fundamental disadvantage. Watching a few beginner videos (posted in the last couple years preferably) will give her a big leg-up when starting too.

Oh -- and if there's someone to show her the ropes a bit, that will help avoid being discouraged from getting stomped (particularly if on PC haha).

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If she has some FPS literacy already then that will help a lot, and if she's acknowledged that there IS a learning curve, I don't see why not. The base game operators that are cheapest to unlock (with in-game free currency) are all very capable and not underpowered so she won't be at a fundamental disadvantage. Watching a few beginner videos (posted in the last couple years preferably) will give her a big leg-up when starting too.

Oh -- and if there's someone to show her the ropes a bit, that will help avoid being discouraged from getting stomped (particularly if on PC haha).
Good to know. It looks like a fun game but also a game that has a dedicated community already so she was intimidated. I couldn't speak to it myself so figured I'd ask here. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
It's anticonsumer but a niche enough issue that the public out cry hasn't been large enough to create change
Tell me about it. When the next-gen versions were announced on Twitter, I made the mistake of asking for an update on cross-platform progression and made the HORRIBLE mistake of saying I'm switching from PS4 to XSX. What followed were a shit load of random PlayStation fanboys asking me why I'm switching because PlayStation "has exclusives", then (without me engaging in any of them) a load of Xbox fanboys attacked those PlayStation fanboys and suddenly homophobic slurs were being tossed around. The few people who were civil enough for me to reply to couldn't wrap their head around cross-platform progression and instead kept telling me to build a PC as it's the best place to play, and when I told them that doesn't solve my issue of keeping my stats/renown/unlocks they told me to just buy the PS5, ignoring the reasons why I wanted an Xbox.

So ya, it's an uphill battle. At the very least the devs know fans want it as we've been asking about it for years.

I think it's just a huge undertaking if you didn't have the groundwork done ahead of time. Fortnite already has this so it's definitely possible. It's also taking a very long time with Apex Legends but they're working on it.
You're not wrong, but they have been working on this for awhile now. Back in February, Siege's Game Director told Windows Central that they hope to bring cross-platform progression "soon".

Plus (and trust me I'm no developer/programmer) the data is stored on our Ubisoft Connect accounts on the Ubisoft servers. What's the point of having a [insert game developer here] account if it's essentially meaningless?

I think the only issue, and it is a huge one, is real-world currency. At least from the games I've played (Destiny, GWENT) that have recently implemented cross-platform progression or just straight-up account transfers, it seems like Sony are the ones making things harder than it should be. Rumour has it that Sony were holding things up when Bungie wanted to announce cross-progression. In GWENT's case, Meteor Powder (the MTX) couldn't be transferred from PS4 to GOG, so you had to spend it all before transferring, but Xbox to GOG transferred just fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Siege.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Even after the update mine still says PS4 next to the title before launching it from the homescreen, is that how its supposed to be or am I supposed to do something to make it a native PS5 version like Borderlands and No Mans Sky?

edit - ignore me, I managed to find the separate download. Sony needs to sort this shit out asap, its such a stupid process.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
If I have the platinum trophy on PS4, then boot up the PS5 version, will all the trophies pop for it? Or do I have to do them all over again?

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Even after the update mine still says PS4 next to the title before launching it from the homescreen, is that how its supposed to be or am I supposed to do something to make it a native PS5 version like Borderlands and No Mans Sky?

edit - ignore me, I managed to find the separate download. Sony needs to sort this shit out asap, its such a stupid process.
The process right now is to click on the ... and it should show all the versions. It usually will stick to the option you choose after that for the home screen. Pretty cumbersome. Although, it's cleaner in that you don't have 2 R6 icons on your homescreen.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
activity card low key best feature

Totally. Aside from the obvious like the tips or how much time each mission will take (I.e will the next mission take 20 minutes?) but the going right into the menus.

VaatiVidya got stuck on his NG++ run in Demons Souls (couldn't use items, couldn't roll out, etc) and he was able to teleport away to reload.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So it looks like the front end runs in 4k60 regardless of mode chosen, but then the actual MP runs in 4k/120? It's annoying because on my set I get a black screen loading in and out of a match while the TV switches modes.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Sony got me. Was hoping I could weasel a free upgrade. For awhile the R6 Siege free weekend had the option to download the game in my library.

They entirely removed that from your game list of you had it so you wouldn't get it lol. Guessing they must've done the same with Borderlands 3.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
So for anyone having issues redeeming their PS5 upgrade from a PS4 disc like I did, the reason was because my main account
is a US one, so I knew that I couldn't do it from the US Store so I used a European account which corresponds with the PS4 copy that I have
but even then I couldn't redeem it from the Store.
The problem is that you also need to run the game with that account AND on top of that to also connect and link a Ubisoft Connect account within the game.
After I did this, when I went to thw European Store the option for the upgrade had been unlocked and I redeemed it just fine :)

Jun 23, 2019
Is there any kind of bundle for people possibly returning? I haven't played the game since Season 3 and these updates for PS5 sound great.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Lol all my trophies are popping again for the ps5 version.

Thank you easy platinum xD

hasn't downloaded the full ps5 game yet, only partially downloaded where it allows you to start up the game.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Honestly not seeing a huge image quality difference between this and the PS4 Pro version. I'll take their word for it though. Dualsense support is pretty neat. Def keeping it on. Not crazy competitive or anything

also everything does feel snappier which is nice

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I will redownload for Series X when it allows me to port my characters and progression from my PS4 version.

It's probably my favourite game of last generation but I'm not desperate to spend the money again and start over.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
So when I try to change weapon with Triangle in PS5 the DS controller make strange sound that
is not coming from the speaker of course and I also don't think it's the haptic?
Is it the triggers which make that sound and if yes is this normal?
It's kinda weird as a sound tbh...

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
So when I try to change weapon with Triangle in PS5 the DS controller make strange sound that
is not coming from the speaker of course and I also don't think it's the haptic?
Is it the triggers which make that sound and if yes is this normal?
It's kinda weird as a sound tbh...
It could be this "clicking" sound (and feel in the controller itself, like something is loose inside) - that's the mechanism that locks/unlocks adaptive triggers. I can feel it in Siege whenever triggers are (un)locked: when I am reinforcing walls, when I press the PS button to go to the console menu, when I start putting on Rook's kevlar...

Edit: and if someone from Ubisoft is reading this, it would be great if you could keep the triggers unlocked during the game, at all times, so I don't have to hear and feel this click so often. It's not like I'm going to use the triggers while reinforcing walls for example, and even if I do, I will not mind them being... adaptive/hard to pull or whatever :D

It's also noticeable in some other games for me. I would prefer if it wasn't, but what can I do. I will probably buy a second controller soon, and this "clicking" is going to be the first thing I will test with it, hoping that it will be absent on my new controller.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Just added the upgrade to my library.

Only played about 30 hours of Siege on PS4 compared to about 150 on PC but I'll definitely dive back in and give it a go on PS5.