• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Fuck, i updated the Ps4 version instead of downloading the Ps5 version, fix that crap Sony, not very intuitive

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
So wait you just go to the store and download the free upgrade while you have the disc on?
Because I went to the store, found the free upgrade but it doesn't let me download anything?
Is there maybe a menu from inside the PS4 version like other games do?

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017
Let's see some consistency, on some game i can chose versions directly from the icon on my dashboard, here instead i have to go to the store and downlowd the PS5 version, waste of bandwith and time

You have to "purchase" the PS5 version for that to occur. Again, this is User error and growing pains with console transition.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
Even though it showed as £0.20 on the Playstation app, once I was able to log onto my PS5 and search the store the free version was there.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really happy to hear how many system features are being supported. Gives me hope for other third party stuff going forward.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
I've always wanted to get into Siege but never have, how easy would it be for a total n00b to jump in and play?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've always wanted to get into Siege but never have, how easy would it be for a total n00b to jump in and play?
would be fine. you would get match made with other folks under a certain level. there def is a learning curve but it's honestly never too late to hop in. i came in late like a couple of years ago. twas fine

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
has ubisoft commented on folks not being able to boot the fucking game on ps5? cause this is supremely disappointing. i'm still stuck at work but i already know this shit wont work for me

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

It can be overwhelming to be honest. Between learning how the operators play and their gadgets, how to counter operators when playing defense/offense, how to attack or defend certain bomb sites, but I think the game does a good job of easing new players into the game. When you first start, you play only against new players (you do sometimes get veteran players that have restarted fresh).

Use your reown (the in-game currency) to unlock new operators and not on things like camo, skins, etc. Don't be afraid to look up guides on youtube. I look up guides when deciding on who to unlock next, to see if the operator's play style is something I will like.

But once you start to learn the in's and out's the game is so rewarding.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how playstation handles these ps4 to ps5 upgrades. Just let my rainbow six install a 30gb patch only to find out it patched the ps4 version and that I had to go in the store and "purchase" a free ps5 upgrade which promptly downloaded a 42gb version of the game. I can't do this shit with a data cap.

oh no i was doing the same thing, now i gotta delete the whole thing and redownload. wow...

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, game is crashing for me, tried deleting all my save data and it still crashes.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Once booting/crashing issues are resolved I'd be curious to hear impressions of the overall upgraded PS5 experience.

Ovaltine

Oct 25, 2017
Ps5 version crashes every time I open it.

FYI anyone who is getting a crash, this fix worked for me:

1. Download the PS4 version of Siege
2. Go into General Settings
3. Turn Display Info on and off (Press apply each time)

Can't be sure, but I just booted into the PS5 version for the first time all good now.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Once booting/crashing issues are resolved I'd be curious to hear impressions of the overall upgraded PS5 experience.
It's dope boy, the frame rate is solid and the adaptive triggers add something. You can turn them off as I feel like a lot of people who are competitive with this will not want them on. The file size shrink is the biggest improvement to me. I played rainbow six siege for 120+ hours on pro and I can't remember if there was HDR but it looks like there is now.

Fat Dad

Prophet of Regret
Nov 28, 2017
This fix from Reddit worked for me:

Yes i also might have found a fix. I got it to work. Try this. Delete your saves from both ps4 and ps5 versions. Make sure both ps5 and ps4 versions of the game are installed. Start the ps4 version first. Let it create a save on that version. Then close the ps4 version and start the ps5 version. That worked for me.

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima

Yes i also might have found a fix. I got it to work. Try this. Delete your saves from both ps4 and ps5 versions. Make sure both ps5 and ps4 versions of the game are installed. Start the ps4 version first. Let it create a save on that version. Then close the ps4 version and start the ps5 version. That worked for me.
Has this worked for anyone else?

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017

WORKS.

Delete ALL saves. PS5 and PS4, Cloud and Console.

Fire up PS4 version, even if it's not fully downloaded, then close game and launch PS5 version. Trophies poppin'

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this was only ten bucks on PS5 yesterday? Should have picked it up. Fuck.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California

Yep this worked for me as well, thank you.
Also, I don't remember Siege being this smooth to play on PS4, feels a lot different (in a good way). I also like the DualSense features as well.

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adaptive triggers lasted 2 games, they're a huge hindrance in gun fights against players with it off/on a PS4.

Good idea, just not for multiplayer FPS.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Just to confirm, deleting those saves, you'll still have all your XP, currency, unlocked operators, etc right? I figure with it being a multiplayer game that's all serverside

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Adaptive triggers lasted 2 games, they're a huge hindrance in gun fights against players with it off/on a PS4.

Good idea, just not for multiplayer FPS.
It's really not a feature for MP at all, I tried worms earlier and while it was cool, it just put me at a disadvantage